Author Topic: Immune To Fire hidden trait  (Read 11156 times)

Leto85

Immune To Fire hidden trait
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
I think one of my sims has that trait. Normally I'm not that kind of player but I've locked him op and started a fire. He didn't catch on fire but immediatly started to take care of it. Does this mean he has the hidden Immune To Fire trait, or am I mistaken?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Immune To Fire hidden trait
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »
I think the Immune to Fire means they don't catch Fire and so don't Burn to Death. I think standing in Flames for a few Sim Minutes is enough for a Sim to catch Fire so that may help you decide. I had Twins from a Fireman once, one got the Pyro and the Other the Immunity. I found out because the Pyro died in a Fire and the Immune one survived.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
I've had sims survive an "execution by fire" before.  Unfortunately, it's not 100% foolproof.

The easiest and cheapest way to maximize your chances are to build a 2x3 room, place the bottom of the line fireplace in it, drop in a 2x3 rug and add a door ("moveobjects on" is required to do all this).  Send your victim in to light the fireplace and remove the door.  You don't really have to do anything else after that, because as long as the fireplace is going, they'll poke the fire autonomously since it's the only thing for them to do.  However, cuing up "Poke Fire" interactions seems to speed up the process.

Eventually the rug will catch on fire, and they'll have nowhere to go to avoid the inferno.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »
I've had sims survive an "execution by fire" before.  Unfortunately, it's not 100% foolproof.

The easiest and cheapest way to maximize your chances are to build a 2x3 room, place the bottom of the line fireplace in it, drop in a 2x3 rug and add a door ("moveobjects on" is required to do all this).  Send your victim in to light the fireplace and remove the door.  You don't really have to do anything else after that, because as long as the fireplace is going, they'll poke the fire autonomously since it's the only thing for them to do.  However, cuing up "Poke Fire" interactions seems to speed up the process.

Eventually the rug will catch on fire, and they'll have nowhere to go to avoid the inferno.

That's really sick.   Although, if they were vampires I'd do it.  Mmmm, maybe not.  I tried killing a vampire before and just felt so bad for them I finally released them from "jail in the sun".
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:46:46 AM »
That's really sick.   Although, if they were vampires I'd do it.  Mmmm, maybe not.  I tried killing a vampire before and just felt so bad for them I finally released them from "jail in the sun".

It's just a test. And I know it's not fun to do. I certaintly wouldn't enjoy it. But I won't save it either so that feels a little bit better. Believe me, there are much, much worse things to do with The Sims than you have read here. Burn test would almost sound 'family friendly' compared to those. (No hobby of mine.)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:28:18 AM »
That's really sick.

Not really.  Sometimes you just need a ghost and this is the second most efficient way to acquire them.  It was also a necessity during my "homeless teen" experiment.

On the rare occasions that I do this, I usually make a mean and nasty sim so that it feels more like I'm doing the town a favor by killing them off.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »
You could just have your Sim or someone who is in their family tree travel if you have world adventures.  If you click on the sim in the family tree while in travel mode, you see their regular traits, hidden traits and any life time wishes purchased.

On a weird note with hidden traits.  I created a couple of sims in cas; since generations they get a diploma in their inventory automatially if they are the correct age.  The one sim's diploma says they graduated from the Military School, because of this they gained the hidden trait of saulte.  (They are a doctor in my game; not in the military branch.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »
You could just have your Sim or someone who is in their family tree travel if you have world adventures.  If you click on the sim in the family tree while in travel mode, you see their regular traits, hidden traits and any life time wishes purchased.

That is just awesome! I will test that out right away. Thanks Maus.

Edit: It won't work for me. I only see the regurlar traits a sim can have and it can't be that non of them have hidden traits, as the father of my youngest sim was a pizza delivery guy and I don't see any hidden 'Appreciate pizza' trait.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
Leto

I'm not sure why it did not work for you. Maybe I gave bad instructions.

I tried again and had Jamie Jolina have a child with Grady Elfman(maid).  I sent Jamie to China.  In China when I click on her family tree.  I see her and her child.  When I click on the child (a white box goes around his picture) another box pops up showing his traits, plus his hidden trait of makes not messess.  I can't figure out how to do a screen caputure of this page or I would post it for you.

If someone can tell me how to capture this type of screen shot. I will gladly post it. 

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 08:33:06 PM »
To capture a screenshot, you push the print screen (Prt Sc) button or Ctrl and Prt Sc.  Open up Paint, paste and there is a screenshot. :)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »
I tried the paint thing. I only get a black screen with a white line.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
I think I figured it out.  Let me know if you can see the picture. I know its small and blurry, but the only way I could get paint to work was to not to have my game on full window mode.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
Yes Maus the picture works fine for me. I never knew you could do that! Thanks for the tip I'm definitely gonna try it out now.  ;D

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 10:58:06 PM »
Are you sure it's not just a glitch unique to your game?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
That's very, very nice. Time to find some hidden traits.  :D

anything