Author Topic: Hidden Traits  (Read 10089 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Hidden Traits
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »
Expanding on that idea, what about making obtaining hidden traits part of the challenge?

How do you know when a sim has a hidden trait?

[Edit:  I've split this into a new topic.  -Pam]
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Hidden Traits
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:24:07 AM »
Expanding on that idea, what about making obtaining hidden traits part of the challenge?

How do you know when a sim has a hidden trait?

It will show up in random places.  For example, the "Salute" hidden trait shows up during friendly conversation interactions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
Re: Hidden Traits
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:07:09 AM »
can apprehend burglar only shows up as adult and only when you notice you can capture burglars.
Immune to fire won't be noticed until.. well..
Can salute gets you the salute interaction, i think it requires being a teenager or YA to appear. Ditto for burglar's sneak, pyromaniac's burning nearby things, culture songs.
Dunno if there's a reliable method to know if a sim haves makes no messes, and i have no idea if rocker does anything at all to begin with.
Mods should be able to find out, i'm fairly certain the supercomputer can, and perhaps kolipoli or wevs the bear is called.

A challenge based on this may need the non-noticeable to be dropped, unless a reliable non-mod testing method is found, that is.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
The salute interaction starts at child for offspring and descendants of police officers.  Children can also learn the songs.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 03:11:03 AM »
Children can also learn the songs.
I was meaning that sims that get the culture trait automagically learn the two related songs.

Offline romagia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:57:09 AM »
The salute interaction starts at child for offspring and descendants of police officers.  Children can also learn the songs.

Isn't the Salute interaction for sims in the Military career, and Can Apprehend Burglar for policemen?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »
Thanks Pam, I was just curious, I think my next target will be breeding with firemen  ;D Pyromaniacs sound fun! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »
You can see whether they can make a mess if you make them cook some meals over and over again. If no counter or anything is dirty after 10 meals, you've got yourself a child of a maid! ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »

Isn't the Salute interaction for sims in the Military career, and Can Apprehend Burglar for policemen?

Yes, that's right.  I wrote it wrong the first time.  Thanks for catching it!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
The first legacy family I completed had both original parents in the military.The "salute" action appeared for all the kids well into the 10th generation.I thought that was kind of interesting.......
I have one sim who is married to George Dean,who has a "set fire to something" in his action queue...wondering if he will pass that on to his kids.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Firemen have "Immune to fire", "immune to fire" offspring have a 50/50 chance of getting either immune to fire or pyromaniac.

Question: do ALL of your 10 generations worth of sims had salute?, or where there some odd ones that ended without it?.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
Question: do ALL of your 10 generations worth of sims had salute?, or where there some odd ones that ended without it?.

My legacy family acquired the Salute trait around the 5th generation and every child born through the 12th generation had that same trait.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »
I'm asking because if the chance is 100%, then simply having an offspring with the correct parent the desired trait is enough to ensure the kid gets it, no need to make 10 meals and see if there isn't a mess, no need to set the sim on fire, etc.

I wonder how feasible it would be to make a sim with ALL hidden traits (perfectly feasible if the chance of passing traits is 100%), or if producing such a sim could be made into a challenge or time race (with medium/short lifespan to speed up, as it'd take around 7 generations to make)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »
Firemen have "Immune to fire", "immune to fire" offspring have a 50/50 chance of getting either immune to fire or pyromaniac.

All of mine did...it was kind of cool actually, since many of them also had a LTW to be an astronaut. I don't know if that was random or not but I thought it was kind of cool.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 11:50:03 AM »
When it says pass down, what about kids who are born when their parent/s are level 8 military will they get it after or Does a child have to be born after the parent reaches level 10?