Author Topic: Problem with Recipes!  (Read 6348 times)

Tfaircloth

Problem with Recipes!
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:03:25 PM »
Ok I'm having a problem. My sim had a lifetime wish to learn all recipes, which she did. But now she can't make a lot of the recipes. I checked her skill journal and it says she only knows recipes that are up to skill level 6, she doesnt know anything past that.

Like Eggs michevillen, tri-tip steak, dim sum, grilled salmon, lobster thermidor, stuffed turkey... etc. anything skill level 7-10 she can't make.

I sent her back to the book store to buy the books and reread them but it doesn't do anything. Anyone had this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks in advance!  

Also, I have all the ingredients in the fridge, and there is plenty of counter space.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problem with Recipes!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:22:42 AM »
I'm moving this over to the Miscellaneous Help thread.  I think others have encountered this same problem.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:37:55 AM »
I had this problem with one of my characters.  It was quite a long time ago, but I think it happened after travelling.  I never did find a solution for it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
Now I'm worried, because my Sim is working hard to learn all recipes to get a certain lifetime wish. Did you experience the problem after installing Generations? What was the major thing happening in your game before that happened? Was the Sim traveling and came back home missing the recipes?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
Athena, when it happened in my game it was long before Generations.  The only thing I can remember about it was that I think someone in the household had travelled just before the problem occurred.  It was in my Clan Douglas Immortal Dynasty, and it was more than half a year ago, so I'm afraid I can't be any more specific.  There were a number of problems with that game file near the end of the dynasty, and I can't even say for sure that travel was a factor.  If it helps any, I know that particular problem hasn't happened again in any of my other games, so it should be safe to restart if you want to. 

To get the Culinary Librarian LTW, your Sim needs to know the number of recipes that are in the base game - I think it's 28.  But if you have World Adventures, there are also 2 recipes from China, 4 from France, and 2 from Egypt.  If your Sim is able to learn those 8 recipes on top of the ones she still knows, would that give you the 28?  If not, I don't know what you can do other than restart your game, unfortunately.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Tfaircloth

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
I sent my sim to France and she bought the frog legs and crepes recipes. When she got back I looked in her inventory only the frogs legs book was there. I thought maybe I forgot to buy it, But I know I didn't forget it because those were the only 2 left she had to learn from France. Now that I think about it, I think its because crepes is cooking level 8 and frog legs are 3, and she can't make anything after cooking level 6. That's when it started. I have been having problems with WA. Maybe it isn't working well with Generations.  I later sent my sims to china and they disappeared.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:56:49 PM »
OMG! Ive never sent a Sim yet to another country, what do you mean they disappear? They don't come home? How does one recover the lost Sim? (sorry if this is off topic, but the mention of the disappearing travelling Sim happened in this thread). ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 02:00:47 AM »
Disappearing sims is a somewhat uncommon bug attached to traveling.  I don't think it's known what actually causes it or how to fix it (or even if there is a way).  This is one of many reasons that it is always a good idea to save before you travel.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Tfaircloth

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 05:19:53 PM »
OMG! Ive never sent a Sim yet to another country, what do you mean they disappear? They don't come home? How does one recover the lost Sim? (sorry if this is off topic, but the mention of the disappearing travelling Sim happened in this thread). ???

The household icons that appear on the left hand side were gone when i sent them to china.