Author Topic: No Ghost Opportunity  (Read 3674 times)

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
No Ghost Opportunity
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:14:28 PM »
I dont know if this would go here or in technical help.
My sim just recently died  :'( and I would like to start a ghost family but the opportunity just will not be offered to resurrect him.
Does anyone else have this problem or did they take it out of the game for Generations?
Thank you in advance.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: No Ghost Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
How long have you been waiting for the opportunity?  It can take some time for the opportunity to come up.  I've had it come up a week or so after the sim's death.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »
I was playing with the Goth family yesterday and one of my sims died. I put the grave in my other sim's inventory and about 8 sim hours later I got the call about the opportunity. You should just keep waiting it's bound to happen sometime.

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
It Has Been 2 Weeks (sim weeks) and I still have not got it?

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:25:37 PM »
Sorry I don't know what to do now! Maybe if you have more than one sim in your house right now you could kill one of them and put the grave in your inventory to see if you get the opportunity? I know it sounds a bit harsh but I can't think of anything else.  :-\

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
I don't know whether or not 2 weeks is an unusually long time to wait for the opportunity.  I know the times when I got it, I was surprised as it did seem a long time after the death that the opp came up.  The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you haven't got your opportunities turned off (in game options).

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »
Thanks I Will Try Puting The Grave In My Inventory And No My Opportunitys Are Not Turned Off

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
Here are some words from Hosfac about this:

Slightly off-topic:  While doing my exhaustive internet searches about this, I discovered a thread on a forum devoted to mods where one of the developers talked about it.  He had mentioned that it has some unusual requirements.  Since he writes mods, it was a clear indicator that he's seen the game code, so I asked him what they were.

Apparently, you have to have a "long term relationship" with a deceased person who's remains are still available in the game (friends, half way or higher).  But, the opportunity is categorized as a skill opportunity for generation, even though it's a special opportunity.  Thus, if your skill slot is full, you won't get it even if your special opportunity slot is open.

I have yet to be able to test this, but there are several games where these conditions are close to being met.  So, just to be on the safe side, I may have to swipe some tombstones, put them in a chest on a 10x10 public lot, and save it to my bin.  That way I can put them in any game where that opportunity comes up.

Isn't the Tragic Clown buried in Twinbrook?  :P

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:26:31 AM »
Thank You Everyone Just Got The Opportunity In The 3rd week (sims Week)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »
That opportunity is really weird like that.

I have likewise tested this (unlike when I had made the post that Seabody quoted).  Your skill opportunity slot does not have to be empty.  However, you do have to have a high relationship with at least one deceased person for a good while (the sims in question got the opportunity after being friends with the sim for about 3 weeks).  You can't just make friends with someone, kill them off, and expect to get the opportunity.  Likewise, several people in the active family can get the opportunity for the same deceased person.  In the game that it happened, the first sim got the opportunity a few hours after the sim's death.  The other sim got the opportunity about 8 days later. 
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.