Author Topic: Game Stuck Like is Lagging  (Read 8239 times)

Ayramizrim

Game Stuck Like is Lagging
« on: June 27, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »
Hi all. My problem is that at the moment I'm in the middle of the challenge when all of a sudden the game start to freeze every little while. For example, for 2 minutes of sims time, the game works normally but when I go to speed the time a bit then everything freeze for like 1 minute real time. I also notice that my other sims save (other of my families) have no problem. I don't know if it's because of different towns. Plus I checked a bit on the forum and I saw other people with almost with the same issue but a bit different. Like my game is not stuck at a specific time, it's just random. But when it sticks, the music tunes, sounds, trees shaking works normal. The only thing stuck is the sims and the time. I really want to finish the challenge, but I don't know if that can be fixed, so can anyone can help me?

VampirePlasma

Re: Game Stuck Like is Lagging
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »
I was coming to the Forum to post the same thing. Guys if any one knows how to solve it please post! It is really annoying, you can't even play. At first I thought it was because I started traveling so I stopped. But even when I am just at home it freezes! Specially when I fastfoward it.
Someone help us. Am begging.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Ayramizrim

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
Do you play in Riverview? Because if you do, then it's the town. I can't think of anything. And yes it's actually the same problem with mine.  :'(

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
Do you both have Generations or the new patch? I only have the new patch and this has never happened to me before (well, not frequently, anyways, and plus it was almost two months ago and with a different game file that is now long gone) so perhaps it's a Generations thing? Also, is this happening on just one game file or all your game files?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
It's happening to all my game files. And I have GEN and the new patch.

Ayramizrim

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »
Do you both have Generations or the new patch? I only have the new patch and this has never happened to me before (well, not frequently, anyways, and plus it was almost two months ago and with a different game file that is now long gone) so perhaps it's a Generations thing? Also, is this happening on just one game file or all your game files?

I have Generations, but not the new patch. And the problem is on only one file, in Riverview. I have a couple of saves in other towns but not a single problem.
By the way on that game save I didn't have a problem at the begging. It started when my sim reach the top of her career. I think a year ago I noticed something similar with the same town, but didn't pay attention.

Plus on my game, I have no mods, only some download hair styles and some houses, but no house has been placed in that town.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
Hmm.. maybe it is a generations thing.. Have you both cleared your Caches? Although really, this sounds like a bigger problem to be fixed with just that, but it might help. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Ayramizrim

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
Some months ago I didn't have Generations. Since it was almost a year (some months) xD. But  will try and I will tell you. By the clear of the cash you mean the game cash? or the computer/internet?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »
Actually both of the games this is happening to is Riverview now that I look closely. You think it's the city?

Ayramizrim

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
Probably, since it is no matter for me if I play with Generations or not.  It's always the same in that town.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »
I mean the game cache. :) If this has been happening before Generations then it can't be a Generations thing, then. It might be a Riverview thing, then. I have never played Riverview, though. Maybe open a new file with another city and see if it happens there, if you want to be sure it's a Riverview thing. If the clearing your cache doesn't work then I'd try a complete re-install.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 02:24:50 PM »
Ok I will try to see if it happens in any other town, thanks.

Ayramizrim

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
I had already tried that before you mentioned it. I took my family from Riverview and placed it to Sunset valley. And it works normal, no lag, no freeze, nothing. And I cleaned the cash, but still nothing. :/ I guess I have to stop the challenge.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
I occasionally had the same problem, thought it was something in my computer. If I keep clicking on pause, it eventually rights itself. Very annoying though.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:21 AM »

I have the Generations. But not new patch. And the problem is on only one file , at Riverview I have a couple of saves in other towns but not a single problem.
By the way on that game save I didn't had problem from the begging it start when my sims reach the top of her career. I think a year ago i notice something similar with the same town but didn't pay attention. 
Plus on my game i have no mods only some download hair styles and some houses but no house have been placed on that town.

Hello Ayramizrim,

Check your game version at the bottom left of the Launcher screen, base game should be 1.22.something. If not, I think you should better patch up your game completely. Before, back up your user folder (copy/paste "The Sims 3" found under C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\).

You can find all the required patches in this thread @ EA forum here.

The only patch absolutely needed is the cumulative one for the base game, it's the same for everyone on PC. Direct link is http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.22.9.0110xx_update.exe. Beware, it's more than 600 Mb, a nice heavy little beast :-) Keep a copy of it somewhere so that it's only a one time download.

You could also patch your other EP's and SP's, although it's not mandatory.
For World Adventure, check your region first, in the launcher again. When you put your cursor above the WA icon, its current patch level shows up. The last digit is you region. For other EP/SP, it's only a choice between 1 for disk and 7 for digital download. You can find all the cumulative patches in the EA thread I linked to here above.

Once you've downloaded a patch, double click it and it will auto-install. It's always better to apply patches following the release order (base game => WA => HELS =>...).

Besides this, you can always clean up some files in your user folder:
  • all the content of DCBackup
  • CASPartCache
  • CompositorCache
  • scriptCache
  • simcompositorCache

If this problem is only happening in Riverview, you could download it again from your user account @ EA. Back up your saves if it's not already done, uninstall Riverview with the launcher, delete the Sims3pack from the Download folder, download the town again and reinstall. And put back you saves.

I had similar lag and freezing problem last year, whatever the town played. What helped for me was to upgrade the RAM to 4Gb. The game was working fine afterward. Yet, with the installation of Generations and its patch, its a bit lagging again, especially when the Sims are changing outfit. You can find the minimum specs here. EA is a bit optimistic with the minimum, you should be above those settings to really run the game properly. If there is nothing you can upgrade to your computer, which is my situation at the moment, you could still do a complete reinstall of windows. 

Since you have some CC content in your game, you could also try to remove it to check if it works better. Maybe some need to be updated too. And hairdos are big files usually, sometimes the creator go a bit over the top with their details. If many townies use a very heavy hairdo, it can slow down you game ... much!

Good luck, troubleshooting is always a pain :-)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!