Author Topic: Family Ideas  (Read 51194 times)

VampirePlasma

Family Ideas
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:25:23 PM »
I have a big problem; I am really bored of most of my families because I finsihed all I wanted to do with them.  So I go to CAS and start, well try, to create Sims. But after am done with the first Sim, the idea of the 'family' I was making isn't right. I hate this. So where do you guys find your inspiration to create Sims?

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: Family Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
Sweet and Simple answer: Metro's challenges! Other than that I've really only created SimMe and my Immortal Dynasty founder.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »
I usually find it more entertaining to begin with a single sim, or at most a couple, rather than an entire family.  This has two benefits to my way of thinking: 1) you can focus on just one sim and building a home and a life for him or her before involving others, and 2) you get to know your sim before you start deciding who they are.

Also, there are some interesting character generators out there.  I'm sure if you used Google to search, you'd find many.  I use one that gives me a couple physical adjectives, an interest or two and sometimes a little family structure.  My goal when I use it is to stick to what it gives me and fill in the gaps with my own ideas.  I'd link it here, but sometimes it takes me to another site without asking, so I'm not 100% sure it's safe.

Remember, too, that Sims is fun.  Sometimes it's fun just to make people in CAS.  Sometimes it's fun to play a family for a day and never touch them again.  Not every family has to go on forever.  That's not the only way to play the game.  I sometimes have trouble remembering that myself.   8)

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
That make sense, something small. I think that just gave me an idea.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:30:20 PM »
Like CSquared2, I tend to make my Sims one at a time, and I like to build each one around a different gimmick (career, quirky outfit, combination of traits etc.). To get ideas, have you tried using the randomise button in CAS? You might get combinations of traits or features that inspire you that way. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Family Ideas
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »
Here's the link to the Challenge Board.  There are loads of new things you can try.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
I'm another who often starts with a singleton.  Before I hit CAS, though, I try to come up with a backstory for them.  I want to know who they are and why they are here.  In my case, "here" is always Sunset Valley because that's all I have access to.

None of my Sims was born or grew up here.  They've all come here for a reason.  For some, it's a good place to start.  For others, it's a place to start over.  For still others, it's a great place to hide.

Once I have an idea of who the person is, THEN I create the physical body to match that history.  It helps me stay interested in where they are going if I know where they've been and how they got here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »
I tend to just tweak and tweak and tweak some more until I have a basis that I can work with - usually the face. I then mess around with hairstyles, eyebrows, make-up and facial hair until it's perfect.

Think of the style. Is a sim that is meant to be rugged looking too professional? Is a model looking too ugly?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:39:28 AM »
I always start with a single sim who is new to town. I often use the same sim, but I gave her lifetime reward that allows her to chose any career. Then I change her biography and sometimes her name to suit what I'm working on at the tme. Presently she is Cheri Lamour out to earn a bad reputation.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »
Why not start with a townie household? Besides creating a whole new Sim in CAS, you can always try what the game offers. The Townie DecaDynasty challenge is a great way of doing so, but you may also do it as a "free play". I especially like playing small townie families - loved playing Agnes Crumplebottom, the Goths, as well as the Calientes if you have Barnacle Bay. But, of course, creating your own Sims with a back story is always interesting - it may evolve into a story you might want to share. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

VampirePlasma

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »
Here's the link to the Challenge Board.  There are loads of new things you can try.  :)
This Immortal Dynasty sounds very interesting! I am thinking of starting one. Can I?
It will get me over my cheating problem.  :D So, can anyone start this? I am going to go read the rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 08:06:12 AM »
This Immortal Dynasty sounds very interesting! I am thinking of starting one. Can I?
It will get me over my cheating problem.  :D So, can anyone start this? I am going to go read the rules.

Yes, anyone can start the Immortal Dynasty Challenge. If you finish it without breaking any rules, you will be inducted into the Dynasty Hall of Fame. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa