Author Topic: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories Updated 12/2021  (Read 208220 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for Stories
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »
Do we need to ask permission for creations from Union Cove to use in our stories?

Also, do we need to ask permission if we use a sim's child/grandchild? Eg: A sim of my creation marries one of the sims in Union Cove, say, Supersim Star, and they have a baby, would I need to ask permission to use that child in a story?

This is only for Sims in the Swap Shop that have been uploaded by members.  The Sims used in Union Cove became part of that town and can be used like any other townies in other towns.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
Dumb question here. What are Sim Projects?

Are they personal projects? Like a Sim story about a project I'm doing in my game?

Or are they pre-established like those Hall of Fame challenges last year?

I know I'm horribly behind in all the Forum activity so please forgive me in advance.  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »
Dumb question here. What are Sim Projects?

Are they personal projects? Like a Sim story about a project I'm doing in my game?

Or are they pre-established like those Hall of Fame challenges last year?

I know I'm horribly behind in all the Forum activity so please forgive me in advance.  :-[

It's not a dumb question.  Projects are basically challenges written by members and posted on the Projects board.  We call them Projects to help avoid confusion with the challenges that Metro writes for the annual Tournament and the Dynasty challenges.  Any Project that gets posted has to go through an approval process first.  Information for that can be found here.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »
Are we required to use the sim gallery or is it optional and we can use another image host (like Photobucket or ImageShack)?
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
Are we required to use the sim gallery or is it optional and we can use another image host (like Photobucket or ImageShack)?

If you already have an account with an image hosting site, that's fine. The gallery is simply another option for members.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

As Twinmum said, the Gallery is not required.  It does have some benefits, however.  It will automatically re-size your images to the proper size for the Forum.  It will also keep your Sims 3 pictures out of your personal photos and help keep your account from getting too large.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2012, 02:12:06 AM »
Thank you. One more question. Can we have two legacies at once? Because I've got an idea for another one I want to start and I'd like to share it.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2012, 03:02:05 AM »
Thank you. One more question. Can we have two legacies at once? Because I've got an idea for another one I want to start and I'd like to share it.

Yes, there's no limit to how many challenges you can play at the same time and write about here.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

SimBlip

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »
Hi Pam,
I'm gearing up for my second Immortal Dynasty. I'd like to use a wordpress.com account to display it. This is because I am also affilliated to Boolprop and I'd like to share this story with the readers there too. My reasons? Only Teresa has published her story there. My second attempt, in story form, might sparkle some more interest in this fabulous challenge on that forum too. Ok, that, and also, because it's cool when your story is read a lot, I suppose.
The problem with writing a story through the wordpress site is that I'd have a boring thread bumping for updates - awful expression and awful, but nessecary practice. So, I'm wondering, if I showed the first picture of any new post with text (almost like what you'd get in 'notify' internet messages) and then provided a link... Well, would it be alright? Members here, who do not want to comment on the actual blog, could still do it here. But, overall, I'd save you web space?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
Hi Pam,
I'm gearing up for my second Immortal Dynasty. I'd like to use a wordpress.com account to display it. This is because I am also affilliated to Boolprop and I'd like to share this story with the readers there too. My reasons? Only Teresa has published her story there. My second attempt, in story form, might sparkle some more interest in this fabulous challenge on that forum too. Ok, that, and also, because it's cool when your story is read a lot, I suppose.
The problem with writing a story through the wordpress site is that I'd have a boring thread bumping for updates - awful expression and awful, but nessecary practice. So, I'm wondering, if I showed the first picture of any new post with text (almost like what you'd get in 'notify' internet messages) and then provided a link... Well, would it be alright? Members here, who do not want to comment on the actual blog, could still do it here. But, overall, I'd save you web space?

I think that would be fine.  You can start a thread here and post updates with, say, a chapter name/number and a picture with the link.  That should work.  Thanks for checking ahead of time.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:25 AM »
Okay, I hope I don't sound like I'm asking a stupid question here, but I feel like since cartoon violence and mild mischief from both our times may no longer be considered acceptable, (Looney Tunes, Mickey Mouse, etc.), but would the little Red Riding Hood story be acceptable on here? It would be the classic kid friendly version, but it's going to involve the same storyline, where Grandma is locked in the closet, the girl gets eaten by the wolf, etc. except the plot will have their silly Sims stuff.

I will be planning on doing this when Supernatural comes out, and I hope it would be okay, since these types of things seem no longer acceptable to the young children today, and I don't want anyone to get the wrong message. I'll most likely put a strike through, on the "The better to eat you with my dear..."

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
Umm... I've just registered here about a few week although I've read many of the dynasty etc.etc. and inspired me.
So, my question am I allowed to post a Legacy which is inspired by a story here(with main char. Raven Goth), and actually on the same family too? but with some difference. For example I made the legacy trigger is Agnes...
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »
That would probably be something to ask the original author about.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »
Umm... I've just registered here about a few week although I've read many of the dynasty etc.etc. and inspired me.
So, my question am I allowed to post a Legacy which is inspired by a story here(with main char. Raven Goth), and actually on the same family too? but with some difference. For example I made the legacy trigger is Agnes...

You would need to discuss it with ILoveDolls before you do anything. Welcome to the forum, by the way! Make sure you read the Forum Rules (the link is in my siganature).  :)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »
You would need to discuss it with ILoveDolls before you do anything. Welcome to the forum, by the way! Make sure you read the Forum Rules (the link is in my siganature).  :)

I'll try PM-ing dolls then. Thx :)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty