Author Topic: Problem with martial arts tournament  (Read 13108 times)

catlover42

Problem with martial arts tournament
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
I'm having a problem with the martial arts tournament.  Whenever I click on the menu for my sim's next opponent, there is no option available for sparring.  I've already started a new vacation, only to end up with the same opponent and the same problem.  The opponent is part of the paparazzi, if that's relevant.

CarlosLordofTacos

Re: Problem with martial arts tournament
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
Hmm, I've never tried attacking a paparazzi but I doubt that there isn't an option for that. Maybe it's a new bug that came with a recent patch? Perhaps you should try ResetSim, if you haven't already.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
For a real match you click on your phone and there is an option like martial arts tournament after you do that, you choose who you want to sparr with, set the time and they'll come.
Hope this helps.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
hi catlover: sometimes the reason is that the opponent is already on site. You need to make friendly introductions with those on site and then you will find the opponent. Unless you have a true glitch.

catlover42

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
I know who the opponent is and my Sim is friends with her.  The option to spar just isn't showing up.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
That's a real bummer. Never had it happen. Don't know what advice to give you.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
Hi catlover42, some players have reported the same problem with the Chess Tornaments as well since Late Night came out (it's on this thread http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,2732.msg51401.html#msg51401) and unfortunately the only way around it, it seems is to cheat, by deleting the Paparazzi.

Hope this helps :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

catlover42

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Thanks.  Can someone describe how to cheat to delete a Sim?  I've tried but haven't been able to do this.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
I think it's moveobjects on you use. As far as I could recall, sims could be picked up, moved and deleted with it. Or it could be a testingcheatsenabled true cheat.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:38 PM »
Yes, it's TestingCheats.

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+C.
2. Type "Testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks..
3. Shift+Click on the sim.
4. Press "Object..." "...Delete"
5. Press Ctrl+Shift+C.
6. Type "Testingcheatsenabled false" without the quotation marks.

Hope this helps, and catlover, welcome to the forum.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 06:29:23 AM »
I also have a problem. When my sim calls for the opponent, he calls but it doesn't come up with anythings and the opponent doesn't come. Anyone know what is wrong?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »
I've had opponents not show, so if you know the name just go to their house and do the tournament there.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »
I also have a problem. When my sim calls for the opponent, he calls but it doesn't come up with anythings and the opponent doesn't come. Anyone know what is wrong?

It's possible your opponent may be one of the merchants.  If so, s/he will never come as the merchants never leave their shops.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
We've had this problem occasionally as well ... we guessed that sometimes the opponent has 'something else to do', and perhaps there's a limit to how many opponents you can do in a day.  We usually managed to work round it by waiting until the next day ... these opponents have lives of their own, you know!!  ;)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 03:46:25 AM »
One opponent I never could get to show was Bao Louie. I always had to go to his house.

anything