Author Topic: Reinstalling Question.  (Read 2682 times)

VampirePlasma

Reinstalling Question.
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:36 AM »
I have been thinking about reinstalling The Simd 3 only, not the EPs just the main Disc. First of all, my game is too slow and I think it's all the stuff I've downloaded (hairs, clothes, tattoos, shoes, make-up, cars.) but I have not downloaded patches or any of that. And I only have one question.
--If I re-install The Sims 3, will I need to re-install ALL of the EPs?
Another one came up,
--Will reinstalling get  rid of all the stuff I've downloaded?

Offline GlassMirrors

• Llama Wrangler
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
Re: Reinstalling Question.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
Question One: Yes. This is because all of the EP's are built off of the base game. Without the base game they won't work and you'll have to re-install all of the ones you had (if you wanted them).

Question Two: Yes. Uninstalling the game will delete all of your current downloaded items. If you have items in a Mods/Packages folder, you can easily just transfer those to a separate folder on your desktop or whatnot, and then simply move them back into the Packages folder. However, with CC downloaded through the launcher, it may be more difficult to back those up and reapply them as simply.

:(

Hopefully I helped! :)
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »
Thanks. Oof alot of EPs to install again. I guess I only need LN, Ambitions, and Generations. I barely use WA.
Thanks alot, I will get around later I want to finish my game. Thanks a million times. And the SPs too. I don't need those.

Offline GlassMirrors

• Llama Wrangler
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
Haha, you're welcome. :) Just glad to help! ^_^
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Firstly, before you do this, have you cleared your DCBackup and the like to speed up your game? Secondly, are you using an old save file? Perhaps it would help to move your sims (and buildings?) out and put them in a new save file. Relationships with townies will be lost, I hope that isn't too much of a problem, and it shouldn't be, considering re-installation will do the same. Thirdly, your operating system may be a little worn out itself, either through time or your wonky sims.

Reinstalling will get rid of all the stuff you've downloaded, but if it's store stuff then it's pretty easy to re-download. Your download history is available on the official Sims 3 site and all stuff can be re-added with any extra charge. If it is from elsewhere, then you should check a note of the addresses you got them at in a word document. Your Sims 3 account would be a good place to back up buildings and sims that you don't want to lose.

Hope this helps!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
It's ok, I read about the DCBackup and that helped!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
Just to clarify, you didn't need to uninstall everything? Great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
Nope it's all good exept for one little thing.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 02:19:06 PM »
And what would that one little thing be?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »
My  game keeps lagging, I posted on the other thread that someone had made for the same reason. I found out why. Thanks.