Author Topic: Strange but good thing happened when updating game  (Read 4462 times)

jk22

Strange but good thing happened when updating game
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
My game was LONG overdue for an update from the Sims 3 Game Launcher. When I started playing my game after the update was complete, I realized I had some of the new features from Generations (memories and dating that I know of) on my game even though I haven't purchased Generations yet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: Strange but good thing happened when updating game
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »
Yes, the memories and dates are features that come with the patch not the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
Nice, eh?  We also got a couple of new Lifetime Wishes, including Clean Slate.  I was particularly pleased with that one.  One of my sims started seeing an NPC, not realizing he was already involved.  That, of course, earned him a Cheater rep (unfair!).  Once they married, we immediately cleared his name.  They are both elders now and both celebrate their Eternally Faithful reps.

jk22

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 09:57:51 PM »
So if you get all that good stuff without needing the e.p., why buy Generations?

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:53 PM »
Because you don't get everything in the update.
With the actual EP you can get any new objects and events (like Prom).

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »
You get some of the good stuff that way, but not all of it.  You won't get any of the buy/build items, and there are lots of really cool things.  You probably won't get any additional wardrobe items, either.  I can't remember if the additional traits and their related lifetime wishes show up with the updates or not.  Don't be surprised if your sim rolls up wishes you're not able to fulfill since you don't have the requisite items or interactions available.

jk22

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »
I have a question for Sim Posey Yum.... what kind of benefits would you get from the eternally faithful rep? Just wondering.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
I have a question for Sim Posey Yum.... what kind of benefits would you get from the eternally faithful rep? Just wondering.

From a game standpoint, it's a mood booster.  I'll edit this post a bit later when I find out how much of a boost and for how long.  

EDIT:  Eternally Faithful provides +20 to mood and doesn't appear to have any time limit. 

From a personal standpoint, it make me (the player) feel good, too!  I hated having a Cheater in the family (especially since he never cheated on my sim).

jk22

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »
But, you have to admit that it's fun to have a little player action here and there! It keeps the game and storyline interesting.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
But, you have to admit that it's fun to have a little player action here and there! It keeps the game and storyline interesting.

Hehe Sunset Valley folks have enough shenanigans on their own.  Need I remind you of this thread ---> Sims born to Original Townies?  Pairings and re-pairings galore!  Sometimes I think my sims are the only faithful ones in town!  Somebody's got to set the example :).

****edited to correct a typo -- the "I" needed to be capitalized.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
I'm rather surprised that you like the new memory system, I don't recall many, if any others here actually enjoying it. GEN adds a lot more to do for teens and under, along with LN it really adds much more quality to your sims lives, throughout their life. The new chemistry part of the logic skill is also amazing. Most of the potions are very useful.

jk22

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
Now that I've been playing a little more, the memory system is getting a little annoying. Practically every single thing they do is a memory. It can get on the nerves a little bit, don't you think?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
There's an option to turn the memory notification off under game options.  It doesn't stop the memory, the picture or the smiley-face icon, but it will stop the game from telling you Betty Jo just got another memory.  I had to find it because the memory notifications would never minimize in my game like all the other notifications do.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
The features of the Patch are totally minimal. You get the Memory system, the Build/Buy sorting system, Dates, Reputations, 2 new LTR's, and I think that's it. (Except for Edit in CAS, of course. ;D)
I agree with Memories. Just yesterday my sim received a memory for a fall on the treadmill. And because he's a Firefighter, he's constantly getting the memories for "Saving xy from Death". I do have to say I'm excited at the Prospect of Generations for my birthday, though.

jk22

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:48 PM »
Now, Seabody, you mentioned the edit in CAS cheat... what happened to it? I actually tried using it today and it wouldn't work. Did EA remove it?

anything