Author Topic: Riverview gone crazy.  (Read 5602 times)

Frey

Riverview gone crazy.
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »
I finally got my Riverview to show up in my game... and it's driving me crazy!!! Maybe it's a sign that I should play it lol.

- ALL and every single lot and sim in my game are named under they're file's name (or something like that). Example: World/Riverview/Sims:Marisol World/Riverview/Sims:Lobos, where the first sequence is for the sim's name, and the second for the sim's last name.
- The public school has totally vanished. I mean, the lot is there, but the rabbit hole is missing.
- The mother's "job status" says unemployed, but she's a level 4 doctor, and she still goes tu work everyday.

The last two issues are rather easy to fix, editing the school's lot to put a new rabbit hole and using testingcheats to get her the job "back" (although she still has it... lol). But I have no idea what to do about the names though. I used edit in CAS to change my active sim's names, but there's no way I can do the same thing to every sim and lot in the game! Any ideas? I'm also worried that this is a sign of something worse ???

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm posting this here under Generations beause I think they're all Generations glitches, since this EP has had several school-related issues, and I know I've read about the sim's strange names being a Generations glitch... I just can't find where. I hope it's OK.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Riverview gone crazy.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:45:59 AM »
Is this happening in just one file or do you have other Riverview files that are doing the same thing?

I'm going to go ahead and move this to Miscellaneous Help.  Even if the problems were triggered by Generations, it's not actually a Generations game play issue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 11:57:29 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling Riverview? It's free, so I assume this shouldn't be a hassle. Sadly, it'll probably delete your families, so try moving them beforehand.

If this doesn't work, try running the game without custom content. Again, it may or may not delete your families - move your families beforehand to ensure nothing is lost. You can choose to run the game without custom content on the Sims 3 Launcher.

Frey

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
I've installed Riverview in my game like a hundred times because it always gets glitched somehow. I have no idea what was going on but I ended up deleting that saved game and starting a new one with the same family.

Thanks anyway :)

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
I'm curious what type of computer you're using; Mac or PC? I believe I remember, if you're using a Mac, if you deleted your World Caches that sort of thing happened. Though, now that you've restarted.... fingers crossed it stays glitch free.