Author Topic: How to play The sims 3 in 'Windows mode'?  (Read 65551 times)

HannahEloiseee

How to play The sims 3 in 'Windows mode'?
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »
Hey, I was just wondering how do you play the sims 3 on windowed mode? I can't seem to find how to do it, the only option is small screem mode. I really want to go on other sites the same time as playing. Thanks

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Re: How to play The sims 3 in 'Windows mode'?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
Under the "Options Menu", the (...) button lower left corner, select "Options...". Under the first tab, "Graphics", in the upper left just under where it says Screen Settings, there's a check box labelled "Enable Fullscreen Mode". When this box is checked, the game runs in full screen mode, uncheck the box by clicking on it to switch to Window Mode. Click on the checkmark, bottom right, and after a couple seconds (I think the box that pops up counts down 15 seconds) the game will switch modes.

To switch back to Full screen Mode, simply go back into Options... and check the Enable Fullscreen Mode box.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
If you are playing on a Mac, you could also do command and return together and that will bring you into windows mode.  Command return again and it'll be full screen. 
When in game mode you could also do command and tab and it will hide the game and bring you back to other windows you may have opened or your desktop, command tab again and the game will pop right back up.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
One more thing...  once you're in windowed mode, you'll need to choose the size of the window which will determine how much of your screen the game will take up.  Just fiddle with the different settings until you like the way it looks.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
Thanks guys, I can now do my work and play. :D

anything