Author Topic: Question about gardening/nectar making  (Read 4615 times)

Lisameesims

Question about gardening/nectar making
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:20:13 PM »
If I make a fruit garden and nectar basement at my vacation home in China, will time stop in China when I'm home and not traveling?  Or if I make the garden and nectar basement in China on a community lot, will the nectar age and the fruits be harvestable?

The reason I want to make this is that it takes a major portion of the game play to arrive at the perfect fruits and vegtables, and the aging of the nectar.  And although it was very fun the first time,  I may not want to repeat this process over and over again with each new family I will make in the future.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Question about gardening/nectar making
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
I'm not certain, but I think time stops in China when you return home.  I had a vacation home there with a garden, and I believe that when I returned, the garden was in the same state as when I left it.  Someone may have better than this, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mette s

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »
I am actually quite sure that time stops, as I have homes in all three vacation-areas. My sim-woman have made them. Her boyfriend (and father of two of her children) has not earned visa-points enough to live in the vacation-houses yet, so even though he can pick fruit in the garden, like all other sims, he can´t access the wine-cellar and the wine does not age, when he is in the country on his own either.
Well, it could be because they are not really married, but I think it is because of the visa-points. I´ll just have to wait and see, and maybe I have news to report later. :)

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »
I am actually quite sure that time stops, as I have homes in all three vacation-areas. My sim-woman have made them. Her boyfriend (and father of two of her children) has not earned visa-points enough to live in the vacation-houses yet, so even though he can pick fruit in the garden, like all other sims, he can´t access the wine-cellar and the wine does not age, when he is in the country on his own either.
Well, it could be because they are not really married, but I think it is because of the visa-points. I´ll just have to wait and see, and maybe I have news to report later. :)
If it's because of the Visa points, this could be useful information for me when I get that in depth in WA. Right now, I honestly haven't played that much on WA
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
If someone is part of your household, he shouldn't need his own visa points to live in the vacation house.  It belongs to the whole family.  Doesn't it?  I'm pretty sure anyone in my family could live in the house in China.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
If someone is part of your household, he shouldn't need his own visa points to live in the vacation house.  It belongs to the whole family.  Doesn't it?  I'm pretty sure anyone in my family could live in the house in China.

Nope, visa points are independent from sim to sim. Also, you only gain access to vacation homes if one of the traveling sims is carrying the matching ownership bill/paper/certificate/wevs, independent of which sim originally bought it (much like business ownership/partnership thingies).

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »

Nope, visa points are independent from sim to sim. Also, you only gain access to vacation homes if one of the traveling sims is carrying the matching ownership bill/paper/certificate/wevs, independent of which sim originally bought it (much like business ownership/partnership thingies).
I'm pretty sure Pam knew that Visa Points were independent from one sim to another, what she's saying is if a sim has a deed to a house in a foreign nation, as long as they go on the trip any other sim gets to stay in the house with them.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
Right, I know Visa points are independent.  And I know anyone in the family can stay at the vacation home if the specific owner is also traveling.  But I'm not certain about whether someone in the family can stay there without the specific owner.  I guess that's what the question was in the first place.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »
As long as the sim holds the deed, regardless of the original buyer of the deed, that sim will be able to stay.

mette s

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Well, the fact that the travelling sim have to hold the deed is very valuable information to me! Now hubby will be pleased because he gets access to the wine cellar! And probably the nectar, he doesn´t drink, will age while he is there. Thank you

17irish11

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »
I do not know about the garden, but I do know that I had a sim who had an affair in China and had a kid.  By the time he went back the woman turned into an elder and the baby was a kid. So the progression for people does apply.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »
I do not know about the garden, but I do know that I had a sim who had an affair in China and had a kid.  By the time he went back the woman turned into an elder and the baby was a kid. So the progression for people does apply.
Remember that sims 3 story progression tends to do wacky things from time to time. Insta-aging babies to kids is a common one if i'm not mistaken.
In other words, would need an ampler sample pool to verify the story progression thing.

anything