Author Topic: Things that Sims do that just scare you.  (Read 17745 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Re: Things that Sims do that just scare you.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Execution, did you ever consider turning the aging off, or even making your Sims lucky, handy or natural cooks? Those Sims are less likely to have unfortunate things happen to them. Also, do you have generations? Age freezing will also do the trick.  :)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
I'm a legacy player. I can't turn aging off. The lucky trait does virtually nothing (other than reduce the chance for burglars (which is .3% in the first place, if I remember correctly) and give a moodlet. I assign traits so my Sims can either max a certain skill or get level 10 in a career. Plus, over a 10-generation challenge, it's easier to have 1 handy Sim make everything unbreakable & fireproof than to have 50 handy natural cooks do everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Most of the sims I've seen die are vampires that don't eat before coming to parties. So, I sent my sim to France and she bought plasma nectar, and the moment n invited vampire arrives, she gives them a glass. Unfortunately, when I'm not watching, other invited guests drink the plasma nectar and get sick.  :D

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 06:01:20 PM »
One time i paused my game when I was zoomed in real close to the side of my sims face and they suddenly turned and looked right at me! It scared me to death and since then I always go to map view, then pause.  :o

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 05:49:09 AM »
I find the lucky trait useful. I never seem to cause fires at the first levels of cooking with it, my lucky sims are never electrocuted, they win more games and find better relics. Anyway, back on topic, what really freaks me out is moving when the game is paused, arms and hands becoming randomly disfigured and broken smiles.  :'(

Legacy11

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 06:22:44 PM »
The inventing table startles me when the inventor catches on fire.  Usually when it surprises me, I'm playing on fast speed, and then out of nowhere, there's that crackling sound and it makes me jump.  Eeep.

The chemistry set can char you, and my Sims use it far more often.  Luckily, the sound isn't as disturbing.

bakey34

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
It's not strictly forbidden as much as profanity, but it's not preferred.  I've had people think that LOL means Lots of Love.  We don't want it replaced with smilies very much, either, because they can quickly make a thread untidy.

Welcome to our Forum, too.

Thank you Pam! I will try to cut down on my LoLing as I do use it a lot and I do like to follow the rules. It's pretty much the only shorthand computer terminology I use though. I deeply appreciate that you make everyone type the full word. Sorry off topic

Some of things my Sims choose to paint creep me out sometimes too. I posted a picture of one in the things Sims paint thread it was such a creepy picture and the value was $666. The fact that the grumpy person makes everything blue... its unnerving.
The Grim Reaper creeps me out too!! Ok confession I never finish my families I always get bored and move on that's why my dynasty is such a big deal for me and I just watched Agnes Crumblebottom die (my first Sim death that wasn't an accident). She prayed and begged and prayed and pleaded while everyone in the house sobbed and sobbed and the Grim Reaper laughed when it was all over. He sickled her and laughed. I was taking pictures the whole time too so it seemed to last FOREVER. It was disturbing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
I can't stand playing normal families either. I find them completely, absolutely, and totally boring. All I ever do now Sim-wise is build, write, take pictures, do Legacies and Challenges. That's basically it.

Sim-me has the cowardly trait; I've spent so many hours trying to convince myself to kill a Sim purposely and get over the fear. I made a household. Turned on boolprop. I chickened out and deleted the game file shortly afterwards.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 02:55:15 AM »
Since reading thie thread, I have noticed on my sims when I cue them to do something that they appear to be staring straight at me with an expression of "do I have to?". Kinda creepy; expecially when you have it in close-up movie mode.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:06 AM »
Since reading thie thread, I have noticed on my sims when I cue them to do something that they appear to be staring straight at me with an expression of "do I have to?". Kinda creepy; expecially when you have it in close-up movie mode.

It's called goofing around, actually. I too hate that. This occurs mostly because of "routing issues". So if there are no other Sims nearby, the action will be performed faster (even momentarily). Occurs especially during birthday parties. Once I thought my child didn't want to leave childhood, lol. Kind of creepy when you have to stare at them for seven hours. I mean, her needs were all red and she was just cheering. Not even aging up! >:(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
Sim-me has the cowardly trait; I've spent so many hours trying to convince myself to kill a Sim purposely and get over the fear. I made a household. Turned on boolprop. I chickened out and deleted the game file shortly afterwards.

Geeze, I've killed so many sims intentionally, my victims cannot easily be counted.  Maybe you should start with a more guilt-free way of doing it.  If you want some advice on that, I can help.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »
Isn't talking about this against the rules? -shifty eyes-

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
 :o Oh dear. He knows too much!

Erm, Execution, would you mind standing in this 1X1 room for me? ;)

Leto85

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
Things that sims do that just scare me...

Well, let's see.... Yes, there is one thing; going to the prom with your granddauchter. I'm not so into those pedo-bugs. But for the rest I mostly love this game.
I do hope EA will fix this thing, as that is on my toplist of scaryness in videogames.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
I have a new scary thing

My Simself scares me (i.e I scare myself).

Other than that, when Sims eat on the toilet. I think that's just disgusting. What kind of person eats on a toilet? I'd rather eat on the ground.