Author Topic: Things that Sims do that just scare you.  (Read 17744 times)

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
Things that Sims do that just scare you.
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
I'll make a list here.

• Dance
  • Move around after you pause the game
  • Come to parties without being invited
  • Have mixed up Genetics
  • Die on your lot

The Sims' dancing only matches that of Latin music... Maaybe some pop music. Other than that... I mean, who dances like that to Classical music? Why can't they slow dance?

When Sims are in the middle of social interactions and I pause the game, their heads rotate slowly and awkwardly. It just scares me, shouldn't the game come to a complete stop? It's just.... scary.

George Dean from Riverview always comes to my Sims' wedding, birthday, and house parties without being invited. Always. He's an elder in my game, and he's been alive forever. He also gets stuck on my lot and I've had to resetSim him 4 or so times. He's also stolen my guitar two times. Honestly; I want him to die already. It's true.

In a previous legacy, my founder and his mate both had black hair. Their twins had brown hair and blonde hair. The mate did not have any ancestors with blonde hair but had a few with brown. Similar has happened in other legacies, but more frequently with eye color. It's not scary.... more like annoying. Especially when I'm trying to get my Sims to have certain genetics.

Ugh. Just ugh. My heir likes to play chess, and she's invited a couple Elders over to play ranked chess with her. One has died shortly after losing the match. Obviously, I discarded the grave, but it scares me how Sims come over to people's houses just to die.

bakey34

Re: Things that Sims do that just scare you.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
Haha True that! At least the Sims dying part. I hate that. I had one house where every time I threw a party someone died. I just stopped throwing parties but it was a problem. LoL. Sorry this is actually my first post and it's a perfect one. Am I allowed to write LOL? I read in the rules proper grammar applies, which I like but I assume everyone knows I'm laughing as I write this.

OH MY GOD! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is so freaked out that your Simmies move after you hit pause. I noticed it when I first got the game and was so creeped out. I hit pause/play like 15 times to see if I was going crazy or if they were actually moving. LoL. And when you are moving them for say a family photo. If your Sim is already locked onto to something it will turn while you're dragging it across the lot. I dropped my Sim the first time I saw that. Ha!

When I forget to turn the needs back to dynamic after taking pictures at a birthday party, my Sims gorge themselves on cake. It's the only thing they will do repetitively until all the cake is gone and if there is only 2 of them eating it they become as fat as the game will allow. That creeps me out too. They just don't stop eating. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »
If you throw a party and someone dies; do they die of old age or something else? If it is something else, wouldn't that be your problem? (You should supply their food, not have anything broken, and have food already prepared so there's no need to cook (or start a fire))

Most long-term Sims players frown on using cheats for anything because it's against the rules of so many challenges and legacies, and it causes overall problems. I guess that's what you get for using them?

______
Some members aren't very fluent in English, and may not know what 'LOL' means. A lot of people recommend using a smiley, or something like *laugh* or -laugh-.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:32:08 AM »
For some reason, when the teen gets caught by the police, it startles me. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I'm sure the music has something to do with it. Also, glitches creep me out. Like when toddlers and children stretch out like Mr.Fantastic, and they get mutated from corrupted content, it really creeps me out. I haven't done added anything to my game since I downloaded and played Generations, but even exchange items, and people posting on Facebook, I still can't look. *Shudders*

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:02:40 AM »
Haha True that! At least the Sims dying part. I hate that. I had one house where every time I threw a party someone died. I just stopped throwing parties but it was a problem. LoL. Sorry this is actually my first post and it's a perfect one. Am I allowed to write LOL? I read in the rules proper grammar applies, which I like but I assume everyone knows I'm laughing as I write this. 

It's not strictly forbidden as much as profanity, but it's not preferred.  I've had people think that LOL means Lots of Love.  We don't want it replaced with smilies very much, either, because they can quickly make a thread untidy.

Welcome to our Forum, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Choccolatee

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
Burglars, and death just freak me out.
Maybe it's the music that accompanies it, and death scares me because my very first Sim died prematurely via drowning and that scared me so much I turned aging off.

Yes, I'm a scaredy-cat.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
When my simmies go to sleep, I always have to keep the music on, Just in case of burglars. So, Imagine my surprise when Every Single Night The music comes on. And no burglars.

Also, when they get electric shocked, It scares me. I don't know why  :-X

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Rapturous_Verbatim

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:09 AM »
Walk on water. Or Stand.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »
I've recently installed Ambitions and had my first meteor today. It scared the life out of me when this sudden thudding noise appeared out of nowhere and I got a 'Renesmee wonders why it's dark all of a sudden' (or something like that) notification.. and then luckily I guessed what it was, so cycled Nessie out of the way before the meteor struck ontop of the bookstore she was at..

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 04:24:34 PM »
This isn't something that Sims themselves do, but the music that plays when a sim gets publicly disgraced creeps me out. :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »

Also, when they get electric shocked, It scares me. I don't know why  :-X

LOL I get freaked out by that too. Every single time my Sim is electrocuted, I get really startled. Also, when the Repoman comes, that really startles me. The repoman is just scary to me. I finally figured out how to get away with not paying the bills though.  ;) Thank you "testingcheatsenabled."

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:30 PM »
The repoman? I always pay my bills on time ^^

My Sim got hit by lightning in TS2, it scared me half to death.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 05:20:14 AM »
I've had sims die at my parties, and once my sim went to a party and was talking to the host's wife when she croaked. The Host then says to my sim "Thanks for making my party lame", as if she had killed her!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
I hated lightnings in The Sims 2, too. The thing that scares me the most is quite common, though. It's simple - the Grim Reaper. Especially when he arrives out of nowhere to get my fave elders. It is just so unfair when without a single notification that monster comes and scares the life out of me. >:(
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
I've anti-death proofed my Sims. All my stoves & fireplaces are upgraded to be fireproof, my Electronics unbreakable, and I send my Sims away from the house when they reach elder. I'm just afraid of them dying :\