Author Topic: Deformed Sims  (Read 12417 times)

Messer

Deformed Sims
« on: June 12, 2011, 05:21:33 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with deformed Sims?
When I increase my family the baby is deformed, is there anything I can do to stop this?
It has only happened since I started playing with the 'Outdoor living' expansion.
I have now installed 'Generations' and the game has the up dates installed.
Can anyone help.
Thanks in anticipation  :-*
Messer. 

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
Re: Deformed Sims
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
Would you be able to explain what you mean by deformed please?

It would greatly help us to be able to help you if you can include as many details as possible.

Is this happening on just that one game file?

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
Do you happen to have the third party CC girl doll in your inventory?  It will cause the babies and toddlers to be very deformed.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:02:06 AM »
Not just the girl doll, but lots of other third party items can cause distortion of infants and toddlers.  I suggest removing all third party content and seeing if it helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Messer

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
Hi Guys, when I say deformed the body of some are big with no heads, one baby was ok until it went to the toddler stage and then crawled around upsidedown like a crab and was flat not 3 dimensional, when another entered the young adult stage the whole screen was the colour of it's shirt.
I'm not sure what you mean about 3rd party content, I have only installed the games as per instructions. If third party stuff is the stuff I have down loaded from 'The Exchange' the I have quite a bit and I wouldn't have a scooby on how to remove it.
As far as I am aware I don't have 'CC girl doll' in my inventory I cannot see it.
I am only playing one game so I don't know about other files.
I've kept my Sim going for a long time about 2 years all on Ambrosia.

Hope this info helps

Messer

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:25:43 AM »
When I had some really bad third party CC it came from the exchange. Someone had  content from another site and used it in a lot on the exchange.  My babies were being born invisible. One was truly bizarre.  When placed in the crib it appeared as a headless adult standing in the crib. I aged them to toddlers to see if that would help and they had a toddler head and body but their legs and arms looked as if skis were attached at the shoulders and hips. Pretty funny, but not fun to play.

To remove all doubt I uninstalled everything.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »
The most common cause for the deformed infants and toddlers are third party custom clothes that you may have inadvertently downloaded from the exchange at the official site by downloading sims or households from there which get packaged with those clothes. Some people create sims that have CC clothes which are not properly classified to be for adult/young adult or elder only, so your infant sims or toddler may end up randomly trying to wear the clothing item which only fits grown sims, and hence you get the distorted bodies. Some of the sims uploaded will even have custom naked sections, so do not be surprised if you find a sim townie walking al fresco.

The Sims 3 official forums, under their technical section, has a topic on how to remove bad custom content. I would link it now, but unfortunately the official forums seem to be down for maintenance at the moment. I will try to link it later. But you should search over there when you get the chance.

I stopped downloading sims from the exchange after getting a few surprises and a lot of hair, custom eyes, makeup, skin tones, etc. that I did not like. Better to make your own in CAS.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 02:53:04 AM »
@Messer:

The items you downloaded from the Sims 3 Exchange are quite likely the culprit here.  One way you can remove those items is to open the Sims 3 Launcher and click on the Download button.  This will bring up everything you've downloaded and installed in your game.  You just need to check it off and click Delete.  If there are things that you purchased from the Sims 3 Store, they are fine and can stay in the game.  There may be more involved to removing some of the downloaded content, but this method worked for me until I wised up and stopped using the Exchange.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Messer

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.
Pam, I'll have a go at removing the stuff as you have suggested.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »
@Messer:

The items you downloaded from the Sims 3 Exchange are quite likely the culprit here.  One way you can remove those items is to open the Sims 3 Launcher and click on the Download button.  This will bring up everything you've downloaded and installed in your game.  You just need to check it off and click Delete.  If there are things that you purchased from the Sims 3 Store, they are fine and can stay in the game.  There may be more involved to removing some of the downloaded content, but this method worked for me until I wised up and stopped using the Exchange.

My understanding is that if one deletes the items from the downloads section of the launcher, it just removes the items from the download list, but not from the game. To uninstall an item from the game one has to select the "Installed Content" tab on the launcher, select the items and click "uninstall."

Here's the link to the sticky post on the official Sims 3 forum regarding bad custom content. It is very informative and even has a list of custom content that is known to cause problems.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »
Ah, yes, I think Laurencius is right.  Try that method, Messer.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
I've gotten lot's of 3rd party content from the exchange and most of the stuff on that list I actually have! That will be a big relief to get rid of all that bad stuff.  ;)

Messer

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »
Thanks for the info Laurencius and Pam, I went to the installed bit and saw there was a button indicating I could play without the custom content so I tried that and all is fine now ;D :-* :-*

anything