Author Topic: Problem With Sims Age  (Read 8520 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Problem With Sims Age
« on: June 11, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
One of my sims families had a daughter. I left the family alone for a few sim days to play a different family, and when I changed the household back, the family picture screen showed her as having the body of a child and the head of a teen. In-game, she showed up completely as a child, but completely as a teen in CAS. My Edit in CAS cheat is broken, so I can't fix her with that. What do I do? :(

EDIT: After CASing her, she turned into that creepy hybrid again.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: Problem With Sims Age
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:40:09 PM »
What is her age in the age bar?
And have you tried resetsim?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
Six days until young adult.
Reseting her didn't do anything. :(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »
Okay, after editing her clothes in CAS, she turned into a full teen.
Except she's still in elementary school.
Does this mean she'll be in hight school as a YA?

EDIT:
Okay, so she's not completely fixed. She randomly turns into that stupid hybrid sometimes. This is really annoying! >:(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
What I'd do is try to edit her in CAS, but change her to a child.

By "my edit in CAS cheat is broken", are you trying to enter "editincas" into the Cheat Bar? If you are, that cheat's never worked - it was removed from the final game.
You need to enter TestingCheats, shift-click and press "Edit sim in CAS". Of course, this only works if you have Generations, or the Generations patch. But you have Generations, don't you?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
What I'd do is try to edit her in CAS, but change her to a child.

By "my edit in CAS cheat is broken", are you trying to enter "editincas" into the Cheat Bar? If you are, that cheat's never worked - it was removed from the final game.
You need to enter TestingCheats, shift-click and press "Edit sim in CAS". Of course, this only works if you have Generations, or the Generations patch. But you have Generations, don't you?
Well, when I Shift-Clicked her, the option wasn't there.
It came back for some reason, so I'll try turning her back into a child. :-\
My game is messed up. :P
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »
Reinstall is what I personally recommend in these cases. It's really strange that the newest cheat isn't working properly for you, Simstar. :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
It might be just that game file, Simstar.  Have you checked to see if it happens in other game files?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
@Simstar3

The CAS cheat is a 'newly' sanctioned cheat by EA (but some of us have been doing it a while). It is a very glitchy cheat. Rule of thumb...

1. NEVER change age, weight, or anything in the Basics tab.

That's it. Don't do it. Its only good for changing the way a sim looks.

If you do, your sims will be horribly disfigured. If you want to try and save the sim, maybe take it back into CAS and return it to its rightful age ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
Oopsie. :-[
I've changed a sim's age two times now.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
Welcome back Dolls. :)

But, actually, I have to disagree with what you have said, sorry. :-\ I have changed the weight and muscle definition of my unofficial (yep, the Pieces :P ) dynasty spouse, his name too, and so far, so good. I also added body hair too. Works. ???
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
  ...You need to enter TestingCheats, shift-click and press "Edit sim in CAS". Of course, this only works if you have Generations, or the Generations patch...

Just to clarify, the entry sequence (the way I use it) is:

1) In Live mode (I believe you can be in Pause), press Shift-Control-C simultaneously to open the blue cheat bar (top of the screen).
          2) Type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without the quotation marks), then press Enter.
          3) Press Esc to exit the cheat bar.
          4) Make the sim you want to change the Active Sim (in the list of sim portraits on the left of the screen).
          5) Shift-click the sim him/herself in the game-screen to bring up special options, including Editing in CAS and Modifying Traits.

You do NOT need to have Generations or ANY of the EPs/SPs or any CC.  I have none of that, just the base, vanilla Sims 3.  And the sequence I described works for me.

@Simstar3

The CAS cheat is a 'newly' sanctioned cheat by EA (but some of us have been doing it a while). It is a very glitchy cheat. Rule of thumb...

1. NEVER change age, weight, or anything in the Basics tab.

That's it. Don't do it. Its only good for changing the way a sim looks.

If you do, your sims will be horribly disfigured. If you want to try and save the sim, maybe take it back into CAS and return it to its rightful age ;D

I'm sorry to hear your sims have had disfigurement problems.  That has to be very frustrating.  I have to agree with Chronic, however.  While I haven't changed age or basic body structure, I have fiddled with muscle definition and skin tone and haven't had a problem yet.  Maybe it's just the age tweak that causes problems?

Anyway, as always, one should always save before making any major changes.  Learned that one the hard way.  I didn't save before giving a sim Steel Bladder (a Wish I wish I'd skipped).

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:30:21 PM »
This has happened to me. VERY creepy. Since I don't have Generations I just quit without saving.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:38:10 AM »
You do NOT need to have Generations or ANY of the EPs/SPs or any CC.  I have none of that, just the base, vanilla Sims 3.  And the sequence I described works for me.

I phrased that sentence really badly - I apologise to anyone who followed my instructions and ignorned TestingCheats because they are Generations/Patch-less.
What I meant to say was that, although TestingCheats is a Vanilla cheat, Edit in CAS was introduced with Generations/Patch. I apologise once again. :-[

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »
Welcome back Dolls. :)

But, actually, I have to disagree with what you have said, sorry. :-\ I have changed the weight and muscle definition of my unofficial (yep, the Pieces :P ) dynasty spouse, his name too, and so far, so good. I also added body hair too. Works. ???

Thanks (for the Welcome back). Maybe I worded it wrong, but most of the time the cheat works okay. However, there are some times when you play with things in the basics tab (especially if you're messing with a toddler) you will get a horrible monkey-looking thing in return *especially if you mess with the aging*. Most debugging cheats are powerful and shaky and not to be taken lightly. Its probably why EA introduced as a 'cheat' per se (people were doing it anyway) and not like Sims2's plastic surgery machine.

And changing weight and bust will sometimes work permanently and sometimes not (it takes Something-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named to do it permanently) ;)