Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95691 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: I Probably Have the Unlucky Trait..
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Aww I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I keep at least 3 different backups on a regular basis and every save I do I save it in a different file just in case! I really do hope you get a new computer though. Just keep your chin up and everything I'm sure will work out fine. :)

I totally understand not wanting to replay though, my game crashed the last time I played and I've been avoiding it because I don't want to replay everything just yet!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #466 on: February 06, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
Sorry that the file got corrupt! It is a good idea to save every sim day. You can name the files something that happen in the simday to make it fun. I think your trait is someone that never give up or let go of a dream.(I don't have a word for it in English)  :)

Perhaps something like 'determined' or 'super-ambitious' or just 'crazy'? ;) Lol, thank you loveSims. :)

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I keep at least 3 different backups on a regular basis and every save I do I save it in a different file just in case! I really do hope you get a new computer though. Just keep your chin up and everything I'm sure will work out fine. :)

I totally understand not wanting to replay though, my game crashed the last time I played and I've been avoiding it because I don't want to replay everything just yet!

I do the saving different files thing too. I have two Dreamer files. What happened this time was that the laptop shut down while saving so I lost one file, copied the remaining file and named it 'Dreamer 2' so I had my two files again, but for some reason that remaining Dreamer file was corrupt so it's copy is too. I also have three backups and one on disc, but it turns out the disc one is corrupted as well lol, so my most recent is indeed before Mel's trip to France. It's only one chapter as to where we are on this thread, but in the actual game I was ahead two whole chapters. :( One thing I totally don't want to do again is Ben and Nick's new Young Adult wardrobe! Although I think Ben is worth it, I really think he turned out a right hottie. ;D Thank you, Kattiq!

After all this revising, I'm almost up for replaying a bit! :P I won't play all of it though. I think when replaying France, seeing as nothing too major or central to the story happened, I won't bother keeping Mel there for the whole three days and will just send her back after the opp is completed? The annoying thing is, I don't even know if she got the opp before this save I have to play from.  :-\  Oh well, I suppose I'll send her to France anyway just so she has it on her record. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #467 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »
Important (Very Long) Announcement

Well, as some of you may already know from reading this thread, I have lost my legacy. :( I could technically get it back if I went to Chapter 27 again like I did a few months ago and replayed the entire thing but people, that's far too long ago! I'm not being lazy or anything, you know how hard I've tried to keep this going, but I just can't anymore. I think the problem was a corrupt file but that doesn't really make sense because my backups (the ones that worked perfectly fine before) seem to be doing exactly the same thing as the allegedly 'corrupt' file. The problem is that the Dreamer files keep crashing just before they finish loading. I have tried absolutely everything suggested everywhere and nothing works. I could technically wait till I get the new computer, as this could be a problem with the horrible laptop I'm playing on, but I'm not going to do that because the computer is not a guarantee, and if I do get it it certainly won't be very soon.

So.. The dream is over. I'm sorry. :(

Of course, I'm restarting though. :P I will be continuing with the same family, but I won't be taking the whole family on. I don't have the entire family saved to my library. :( (I did used to, but that was before I did that factory reset a few weeks ago, and since then I never thought to resave the family to the clipboard) Therefore, I need to use the CAS versions of my Dreamers, put them in a household together with relationships intact and restart.

I have decided on what is going to happen to the Dreamers and I have decided on who will survive the tragic event that will take place. Renesmee, obviously, Jayden - of course, and Lori. I feel obliged to keep Lori, I just don't think I could ever get rid of my first sim I ever made. :( When I said she'd be immortal, I wasn't kidding. :P However, I feel that this isn't enough. The family was huge, and I think killing off that amount of sims is not only unrealistic but really, really sad as well. :( So... I'm getting you all to pick who survives! :P

So, before I ask a mod to send this thread over to the graveyard, I'm putting up a poll on Samoht's Den. If the result is a tie, depending on who the sims are, I will either decide to keep both or just pick who survives myself.

I have put up a short (well, it's short in my opinion :P ) description of each sim, and mentioned some implications of what would happen if this sim was chosen.

Because every sim is a CAS sim, I will have to redo any skill the sim has from the start. For the purpose of my sanity, I won't be redoing them all and I won't be bothered with, say, doing the challenge Ben did in France if he gets picked, or redoing Taylor's Visa Level 3. I think redoing them would defeat the purpose of my storyline.

As for the storyline itself, you'll just have to find out. ;) It will be very, very sad, but hey - I cried when my file got corrupt, so it suits! :P

Here is the poll. I have allowed you to vote for two sims if you wish. The poll lasts a week from today. (It will end on Friday the 17th)

Please vote! :) Lori's Dream may be over, but that doesn't mean mine won't continue..!

A huge thank you to everyone who ever clicked the title of this legacy and had a read, every view counts, and an extra thank you to all the commenters. I'm extremely thrilled that this thread had almost 15,000 views because it's almost been a year and that's really wonderful to see. I hope all my current readers go on to read the next legacy and enjoy it as much as they have this one, or far more! I'm going to try and update the next one as best I can, and I will be structuring the way I write a lot more, bettering the screenies I take and organising my editing a little better than I have in recent times. :P Again, thank you all! *Insert some cheesy line that incorporates the word 'dream' and highlights how much I love you all at the same time*  ;D

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: The Dream is Over - You Pick Who Survives!
« Reply #468 on: February 10, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
I can't believe I never commented on this until it was over!  :'( Sorry about the loss of your legacy Fez, but I can't wait for the restart!
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #469 on: February 10, 2012, 03:27:41 PM »
I can't believe I never commented on this until it was over!  :'( Sorry about the loss of your legacy Fez, but I can't wait for the restart!

Aww don't worry. ;D Thank you very much for reading, though. Alex! :) I can't wait to start the restart! ;D My head is bursting with ideas, and gosh - it's going to be nice to play just a few sims again instead of a huge, bustling household!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #470 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »
It's a shame it's over. Can't wait for the restart!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
It's a shame it's over. Can't wait for the restart!

Thank you, Gogo! I know, but at least I can be thankful I bothered to save those sims to my library! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
Thank you, Gogo! I know, but at least I can be thankful I bothered to save those sims to my library! :D

I'm very bad about not saving my sims to the library, but I'm glad you did! I just voted. It's going to be sad to see some of the Dreamers go, but I hope the ones I picked get to stay. I really wanted to pick three, but only two are allowed. :-\

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »
I'm very bad about not saving my sims to the library, but I'm glad you did! I just voted. It's going to be sad to see some of the Dreamers go, but I hope the ones I picked get to stay. I really wanted to pick three, but only two are allowed. :-\

I was contemplating allowing people to pick three, actually, but then I thought that might be too much. :( Thanks for voting and commenting, anyway. :) I only wish I saved the entire household so I didn't have to go through all this but, well, it just takes so long! :P

loveSims

« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
I'm sorry your story must end, but it don't mean the dream is over! Can't wait for the new story. I've voted. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
I'm sorry your story must end, but it don't mean the dream is over! Can't wait for the new story. I've voted. :)

Thank you, loveSims!! You couldn't be more right. ;D

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2012, 01:45:39 AM »
So sad that they are over. :( I hate it when stuff like that happens! It has happened to my previous 2 dynasties.
I have voted though, and I hope they win!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »
So sad that they are over. :( I hate it when stuff like that happens! It has happened to my previous 2 dynasties.
I have voted though, and I hope they win!

Oh no. :( I must not have been here to see those two, but I'm glad you decided to restart again because the current one is amazing! :D Thank you, Kattiq. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #478 on: February 12, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
Hi Fez.

I'm sorry that you lost your legacy file.  It's not uncommon for multi-generational files to become corrupt.  They get so big and have to hold so much stuff that they just crash.  I had that problem in the last few generations of my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty, but was I fortunate enough to be able to finish it before it was truly corrupt.

Do you want me to move this to the Stories Graveyard?

And...  would you mind easing up on the smileys a little?  I counted 14 in your long announcement post.  They do make a post noisy and they are distracting.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2012, 04:45:54 AM »
Hi Fez.

I'm sorry that you lost your legacy file.  It's not uncommon for multi-generational files to become corrupt.  They get so big and have to hold so much stuff that they just crash.  I had that problem in the last few generations of my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty, but was I fortunate enough to be able to finish it before it was truly corrupt.

Do you want me to move this to the Stories Graveyard?

And...  would you mind easing up on the smileys a little?  I counted 14 in your long announcement post.  They do make a post noisy and they are distracting.  :)

I'm sorry Pam, I did go overboard with the smilies. I was half-hoping they wouldn't be as distracting because of the length of the post, lol, I will take more notice in future.

I was going to wait till the end of the poll to ask a mod to move the thread so people could see the poll now and vote, (It ends this Friday, the 17th) then I'd be starting the new legacy on another thread once this one was moved, but if it needs to be moved now because the story is complete then that's fine - I think most people who will vote have voted anyways. :)

anything