Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95771 times)

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Chapter 31
« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
He's pretty dreamy. Nice job with the CAS!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
He's pretty dreamy. Nice job with the CAS!

Thankyou, Deme! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
If my Pets graphics had worked I would have given him the Raised by Wolves LTR. ;)
Bwahahaha! that would have been great! Well you know in the book (& movie) , Jacob imprints on Renesmee. So that's why I was asking.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: January 05, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »
That was a very touching update! At least now the Legacy will go on with a happy heir!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #424 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
Bwahahaha! that would have been great! Well you know in the book (& movie) , Jacob imprints on Renesmee. So that's why I was asking.

Oh. My. Goodness, Yes! This is such a coincidence! I genuinely never even had Jacob in mind when creating him! Jayden's middle name is now Jacob. :P Jayden Jacob Theorose-soon-to-be-Dreamer.

That was a very touching update! At least now the Legacy will go on with a happy heir!

Thank you very much, Gogo! :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
Legacy on hiatus.

I have to uninstall Pets, it is making my game unplayable and the graphics are looking like they are super-low. The graphics alone have become the embodiment of how not well-off my family is. It's like they're mocking me for not being able to afford a better graphics card! Also, just simming in general is leaving me upset. The laptop can't handle any more EPs or SPs, is six years old so is on its' last legs anyways and so and so. Mum refuses to buy anything new, which is understandable anyway.

The only reason I'm not ending this now and quitting altogether is because one person, when I started this, said I'd never be able to do it for a variety of reasons - thirty generations is too much for my laptop to handle, people wouldn't read it because it's tedious and my screenshots aren't good, etc. and I wanted to prove them wrong and I shall, but seriously - that has became the only thing keeping me going.

Hiatus may last anywhere from a week to a month or so, my prelim exams are in February so yeah. Technically, if the laptop didn't constantly crash, my next heir would have been born today and I would currently be writing a wedding chapter but stuff just never seems to work for me. Think I have the unlucky trait.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: On Yet Another Hiatus..
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Well I hope you're computer decides to shape up and let you play at least a little more before you definitely HAVE to get a new computer. Start saving $$!
Could you maybe just play the Sims with just the base game and one or two other expansions instead of all of them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Well I hope you're computer decides to shape up and let you play at least a little more before you definitely HAVE to get a new computer. Start saving $$!
Could you maybe just play the Sims with just the base game and one or two other expansions instead of all of them?

We are so not well-off that saving isn't even an option, bit embarrassing really.. I need to be working three jobs as soon as I turn 16 just to begin affording uni.  :-\

I could try that, but I'd be gutted. Really, it won't improve anything, I still won't be able to increase the graphics or anything - it is just Pets that is breaking my game with all the crashes, and I know it's because it came with a lot of new stuff that just demands a lot from your computer/laptop. I'm uninstalling it now and seeing how my game runs afterwards, then perhaps I will slowly uninstall each EP and SP starting with the newest until my game becomes playable again, but I'm pretty confident it was just Pets that broke it. Perhaps TLS, too, as I installed them one straight after the other.. Thanks, though, Kattiq. :)

loveSims

« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »
That is ok Fez! And you prove that person wrong that is for sure. The game will run better if you uninstall pets for now. Before I upgrade my computer I uninstall some of the expansions and it help a lot.  :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »
That is ok Fez! And you prove that person wrong that is for sure. The game will run better if you uninstall pets for now. Before I upgrade my computer I uninstall some of the expansions and it help a lot.  :)

Thanks, loveSims. I did uninstall pets but it hasn't made a difference. Will try a factory reset tomorrow but as my challenge files work fine I'm guessing that it's just that the laptop has had enough of the Dreamers and their mansion and 7-sim-file. I planned to leave Sunset Valley on generation four but it seems we'll have to half that number. Ugh, I just can't be bothered with all the fuss - really just want to play a normal legacy without all these constant problems, just like the rest of you! Serves me right for expecting a silly laptop like mine to be able to run the game fine.

loveSims

« Reply #430 on: January 06, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
Your legacy will be much better in a new town. All the memories of the townies in a old file can cause problems in anyones game. What is the size if the Dreamers file?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #431 on: January 06, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »
Your legacy will be much better in a new town. All the memories of the townies in a old file can cause problems in anyones game. What is the size if the Dreamers file?

Haven't a clue but I'm sure it is huge.. Will check tomorrow. Problem with moving to a new town this early is I'll run out of new towns to move them to within as few generations, especially now I know I can't install any more EPs. :(

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
 :'(
The Dreamers will live, I know it.
Haven't a clue but I'm sure it is huge.. Will check tomorrow. Problem with moving to a new town this early is I'll run out of new towns to move them to within as few generations, especially now I know I can't install any more EPs. :(
You don't need to move to new towns, just a new Sunset Valley.

loveSims

« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
Something I have done in Sunset valley is to move all the townies out and put my own sims in. It is a lot of fun and you have a brand new town. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2012, 05:05:13 AM »
Something I have done in Sunset valley is to move all the townies out and put my own sims in. It is a lot of fun and you have a brand new town. :)

That sounds like a lot of fun! Will it not lag the file? I should try it! :D How do I move the townies out, though? I never understood how to actually take townies from the town.

The Dreamers will live, I know it.

They shall.  8)