Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95815 times)

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Don't Stop Believing!
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
Aw, Fez! I'm really sorry that it's not working out for you! I'd be upset, too. I hope everything works well for you! I'll still be here waiting for an update, no matter how long it takes!
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »
Aw, Fez! I'm really sorry that it's not working out for you! I'd be upset, too. I hope everything works well for you! I'll still be here waiting for an update, no matter how long it takes!

Thank you so much, it's all of you that keep me going! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
Aw sorry Fez! Since when has all this Sim4 talk happened?? I really kind of hope it stays Sim 3 for awhile, after all I have spent so much money on Sim 3 stuff! Regardless, Amazon usually is VERY good about getting things sent to you on time. I hope it is the case with you!
But always remember that school comes first! And I'd say sleep second because it does effect your school performance ;) I mean use the sims as a prime example. How much effort do you get out of them when they are low on sleep? Haha, but just know I will be patiently waiting for the Dreamers to reappear even if I wasn't around when they started!
It will all be worth it in the end, keep that in mind and the waiting might not be so bad  ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
Aw sorry Fez! Since when has all this Sim4 talk happened?? I really kind of hope it stays Sim 3 for awhile, after all I have spent so much money on Sim 3 stuff! Regardless, Amazon usually is VERY good about getting things sent to you on time. I hope it is the case with you!
But always remember that school comes first! And I'd say sleep second because it does effect your school performance ;) I mean use the sims as a prime example. How much effort do you get out of them when they are low on sleep? Haha, but just know I will be patiently waiting for the Dreamers to reappear even if I wasn't around when they started!
It will all be worth it in the end, keep that in mind and the waiting might not be so bad  ;D

So do I, but apparently they're meant to be releasing TS4 in 2014, along with a Sims movie and stuff. xD All I know for sure is that the domain thesims4.com has been reserved, so it'll arrive some day. :p School certainly does come first, my schedule consists of doing all the school stuff first and then reading one chapter of my subject guides before bed each night with simming inbetween. :p Thanks, Kattiq. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »
So do I, but apparently they're meant to be releasing TS4 in 2014, along with a Sims movie and stuff. xD All I know for sure is that the domain thesims4.com has been reserved, so it'll arrive some day. :p School certainly does come first, my schedule consists of doing all the school stuff first and then reading one chapter of my subject guides before bed each night with simming inbetween. :p Thanks, Kattiq. :)

Sheesh, I can't even imagine what Sims 4 will look like or if my computer could ever run it! I should read a chapter of each of my classes each night but some chapters are over 20 pages long ( I guess I could read while the sims is loading right? ;) )! Thankfully, this year I only scheduled classes on two days! Ahh the joys of University. I do however, volunteer and work the rest of the days so I guess I don't get much of a break regardless :P

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Sheesh, I can't even imagine what Sims 4 will look like or if my computer could ever run it! I should read a chapter of each of my classes each night but some chapters are over 20 pages long ( I guess I could read while the sims is loading right? ;) )! Thankfully, this year I only scheduled classes on two days! Ahh the joys of University. I do however, volunteer and work the rest of the days so I guess I don't get much of a break regardless :P

Haha, that'll be me when I'm at uni, too, I'll need to work lots as soon as I hit 16 just to pay for the accommodation prices. xD

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #396 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
Well, I had a surprise for you all. I had the broken fan sitting kind of diagonally to help the air flow and next to the window so it kept cool, and I managed to play for hours, right up to Chapter 29! I was absolutely thrilled, and ready to take the New Years photo for you all. :)

Then this happened.

I literally cried, I hadn't a clue what to do! Still don't. If I get replies and am able to fix this, without having to rely on that ancient save, then I will continue with this legacy. If not then, and I know I said I'd never give up but this really is too far - Renesmee had only just turned into YA then! - the dream will have to end.

HOWEVER, I have a plan. :) This legacy may end, but I will do what people commonly do - start with the current heir. (Although maybe not just the current heir. ;) ) I have put far too much work into this to let a silly Error 12 ruin it. And don't worry - if it does come to the worst I've already came up with an awesome storyline, that still lets me continue the Max Skills one, to help it along. :) If it does come to that, should I continue posting in this thread or just start a new one? Since it is technically still the Dreamer Legacy, I reckon I will keep it here and provide a link in the first post for where the new legacy starts? Ooh, and in case any of you are wondering - yep, it's still 30 generations. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: The Dream.. Over?
« Reply #397 on: January 01, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
Oh no! I've never gotten that error so I won't be much help but I hope someone else can help you get it working!!
As for the new legacy, I'd personally start a fresh new thread just to keep things from getting confusing between different "legacies". Just name it The Dreamers Legacy take Two! Or something like that :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #398 on: January 01, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »
Oh no! I've never gotten that error so I won't be much help but I hope someone else can help you get it working!!
As for the new legacy, I'd personally start a fresh new thread just to keep things from getting confusing between different "legacies". Just name it The Dreamers Legacy take Two! Or something like that :)

Actually, I tried loading the 'old' file to take Renesmee and Lori and save them as a household, in order to start the new legacy, and in fact it is only dated from the start of Chapter 27! basically, just a few sim days back from where I needed to play from yesterday, anyway. So there's no need for me to start again! I'll try and play up to chapter 29 again in order to get a pic for you all, but it might not happen. I'm quite happy I don't need to restart actually - the storyline I had planned for Mel and Renesmee is far too good to let go! xD

I'm keeping the thread about error 12 up in case there is in fact a way to get back to yesterday, but for now I'm off to play play play my way to 29! :)

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #399 on: January 01, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
Yay! The Dreamers return! I can't wait for the next chapter. :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
Actually, I tried loading the 'old' file to take Renesmee and Lori and save them as a household, in order to start the new legacy, and in fact it is only dated from the start of Chapter 27! basically, just a few sim days back from where I needed to play from yesterday, anyway. So there's no need for me to start again! I'll try and play up to chapter 29 again in order to get a pic for you all, but it might not happen. I'm quite happy I don't need to restart actually - the storyline I had planned for Mel and Renesmee is far too good to let go! xD

I'm keeping the thread about error 12 up in case there is in fact a way to get back to yesterday, but for now I'm off to play play play my way to 29! :)
I'm excited now! Can't wait!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #401 on: January 01, 2012, 05:00:04 PM »
Ahh, for some reason it happened again. The only thing that this incident has in common with the last one was that they were both saved exactly after I attempted to change my sims outfits, which makes me wonder if my create-a-household is bugged. :-/ This time, only one of the two files got bugged so at least I don't have to replay hours again, only minutes this time. I got right up to chapter 29, after the twins' graduation. :) This outfit thing really worries me, though. I know outfits aren't compulsory to sims but Annalie and Mel are going to be walking around in ugly premade clothes if it isn't fixed! xD If it isn't fixed by the time I write a new chapter, I hope you'll all understand why everyone is pictured in old/ugly clothes. :L

Offline Alieana4518

• Llama Wrangler
  • Isn't he a beauty? :)
« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
At least it's only the Create a Household, which is easily avoidable! I can't wait for the next chapter! I've been going through a Dreamer withdraw, here!
One day everything will make sense... On the way there, love like you'll never get hurt. -Erica Kohn

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
At least it's only the Create a Household, which is easily avoidable! I can't wait for the next chapter! I've been going through a Dreamer withdraw, here!

Haha, me too. :P

loveSims

Re: The Dreamer Legacy: The Dream is not Over!
« Reply #404 on: January 02, 2012, 04:23:56 AM »
I'm glad you will go on! Can't give up now ;) It will help with CAH if you make your delete some of your cc.