Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95798 times)

loveSims

Re: The Dreamer Legacy: A Major Interruption and a Very Large Sorry.
« Reply #375 on: December 23, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »
I'm sorry about that. Do what is best for you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you have to end the story it is not your fault. Such a big file can be very hard on your laptop. It must be large with all the memories. Enjoy Christmas and think about playing a new file just for fun.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: A Major Interruption and a Very Large Sorry.
« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
I'm sorry about that. Do what is best for you. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you have to end the story it is not your fault. Such a big file can be very hard on your laptop. It must be large with all the memories. Enjoy Christmas and think about playing a new file just for fun.

Thanks, loveSims. The laptop shuts down with me playing any file, even a brand new one, it's just that I literally can't play without that fan. It would be fine if I had it. I have now been told that the company is sending it out on the 16th of January! So we cancelled the order and we will get one on Tuesday at a shop, but I'm still very annoyed at not having a Christmas picture and it's going to be even harder to squeeze all this playtime in even less time.

Anyway, there's been a slight change of plan - I've decided I'll continue, purely because I hate hate hate giving up on anything.  Even if I have to set the lifespan on short, I will do it. (I won't set it on short though - how will each heir supermax two skills on short? :P ) I'm sorry there won't be a Christmas picture, there will be a new year one. Today I opened the window and used that as a sort of 'fan' for the laptop but it still shut down after half an hour, only allowing me to play half a day from where I begun, but I did save it. At least that's a tiny bit of progress, better than none. :) Even though it's going to be quite hellish and a lot of work, and I'll have to superspeed through most of it, I won't allow the dream to be over.  8) Lori would be very angry at me if I stopped believing, wouldn't she be? :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Don't Stop Believing!
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2011, 09:12:46 AM »
It good that you will get it at a shop. Then when you leave you have it. I'm just sorry tlhat you have so many problems over Christmas poor kid. I'm sure your new years pic will be awesome and I can't wait uitil you contuine the story. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »
It good that you will get it at a shop. Then when you leave you have it. I'm just sorry tlhat you have so many problems over Christmas poor kid. I'm sure your new years pic will be awesome and I can't wait uitil you contuine the story. :)

Thank you lots, loveSims! :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
Well I'm glad to hear that you are still going to continue your story! My laptop would freak out if I didn't have a cooling pad fan that I put it on! Plus it plugs into my USB port and turns the fan on so it keeps my lap cool too :P I don't know if that could also be an option while you wait on your other fan.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2011, 03:54:56 PM »
Well I'm glad to hear that you are still going to continue your story! My laptop would freak out if I didn't have a cooling pad fan that I put it on! Plus it plugs into my USB port and turns the fan on so it keeps my lap cool too :P I don't know if that could also be an option while you wait on your other fan.

That was similar to the one I had before it broke down, lol. For some reason, our cooling fans seem to only last around three months before the sims game suddenly becomes resistant to them and begins shutting down. xD I'll just wait for this new one on Tuesday. Thanks, Kattiq. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #381 on: December 24, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »
That was similar to the one I had before it broke down, lol. For some reason, our cooling fans seem to only last around three months before the sims game suddenly becomes resistant to them and begins shutting down. xD I'll just wait for this new one on Tuesday. Thanks, Kattiq. :)
Weird! I've had mine for over 2 years :P But I'm glad at least you have a (hopeful) solution!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #382 on: December 24, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »
Weird! I've had mine for over 2 years :P But I'm glad at least you have a (hopeful) solution!

Probably to do with my laptop being almost three years old. xD I do have that solution, and like I said before: Even if it takes me to go to such lengths as setting the lifespan to short, I will - somehow - bring you all generation 30 by June 2013. :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #383 on: December 24, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
Probably to do with my laptop being almost three years old. xD I do have that solution, and like I said before: Even if it takes me to go to such lengths as setting the lifespan to short, I will - somehow - bring you all generation 30 by June 2013. :)
WOAH. 30 generations!?! Good luck :) I'll be following along even if it does take till 2013 :P

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #384 on: December 24, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
WOAH. 30 generations!?! Good luck :) I'll be following along even if it does take till 2013 :P

Yes, I always take things that little bit further. :P Thank you, Kattiq, it means a lot! :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #385 on: December 27, 2011, 10:32:49 AM »
Yet another update on what has probably been the most annoying month of my life (xD) : We got uptown.. only to find that the bank hadn't submitted today's money into my Mum's account! We couldn't contact them as they were shut, so this means no fan until.. Friday! And as we all know, Friday is the 30th December, giving me one day to play up till where I am now in order to get a New Years photo that makes sense and, well, I don't think I'm up to playing so much time in a day. That means no new year photo, I'm so gutted. :(

I'm really sorry. We're trying to see if any close friends will lend us some money to get the fan a little earlier but chances of that are a little bleak. This is really going to squeeze my chances of having gen 3 as a teen by the time I get back to school but as long as there's still a possibility, I'm still going to assume I can. Don't stop believing. :)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #386 on: December 27, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
I really can't wait for you to get the fan! All that pain of waiting for it to come must be driving you insane! I hope you can find the money.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #387 on: December 27, 2011, 03:52:58 PM »
I really can't wait for you to get the fan! All that pain of waiting for it to come must be driving you insane! I hope you can find the money.

Ahh, it really really is. I miss my Dreamers so much, it's almost been a whole two months without playing! The good news is Mum has found a (trusted) online site that lets her take out money loans and pay them back within a week, so we might be able to use that and get it tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up in case something goes wrong again. Just keeping my fingers crossed. :) Thanks, Gogo.

loveSims

« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
I hope everything work out for you! :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »
Another update. (Seems these are replacing what should be chapters in my story. >_>)

We had reserved a fan at a PC shop and were going to collect it today. Then, my Mum changed her mind, decided to cancel the reservation and order a cheap gel pad instead, just to save thirty pounds. We got it today and of course, it doesn't work - in fact, my laptop shuts down even earlier than it used to. It doesn't help that my Mum is against me liking Sims, because in her opinion it's just silly and useless, and a lot of other horrible things. So she's a bit reluctant to be getting any of this anyways.

We have ordered a decent (hopefully) fan and a can of compressed air on Amazon. I haven't a clue when it will arrive. I will try, somehow, to get going with this legacy and try and try to get at least one generation done a month (although it should be a lot, lot more than that) as well as compete in the challenge tournament when the fan comes, all while trying to get my needed 5 As in my 5 exams at school this year. I don't know how I'll do it, but the potential is still there. I'll need to give up sleep or something. ::) I wish I could be like the rest, and majority of the storywriters on this forum, who are able to update regularly and have lovely screenshots and brilliant writing and are at least able to entertain you all as well as actually completing a legacy/dynasty challenge. I know a lot of you who read this legacy are either attempting or already have completed a challenge before. I wanted to do that, too. I wanted to start an Immortal Dynasty once I had completed this, but it seems this will not even be half finished by the time Sims 4 comes out. It certainly won't be at the rate I'm currently going. I play TS3 to escape reality for a bit and have fun and take a break from all the problems I've got going on at home, but things are constantly plaguing and attacking it all. It's like fate just doesn't want me to be able to do anything or have any fun.

I'm probably going overboard, sorry. xD I have the over-emotional trait. :P

If the new fans aren't here by January the 9th, when I begin school, I am going to simply abandon everything from the day they get here and my schedule will literally just become studying and simming, so I can actually have a chance of getting somewhere in my exams, the challenge tourny and this legacy. The new year resolution is Generation 20 by the end of next year. :)

I hope everything work out for you! :)

Thank you, I do too.

anything