Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95714 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Chapter 18 - Changing Renesmee (Part II)
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
Actually, I have changed my mind. I reckon I will update for a week or so and see how I feel afterwards. :)

That is good to hear.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:21 PM »
I am so glad to hear that Fez! Awesome. Can we await a new update any time soon? ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »
That's great! Can't wait for more! ;)
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »
I am so glad to hear that Fez! Awesome. Can we await a new update any time soon? ;)

Gosh, I was supposed to update today but I ran out of time. ::)

That's great! Can't wait for more! ;)

Thank you. :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »
Chapter 19 - Changing Renesmee (Part III)

Renesmee
It took a while.. but I found a new style! (Hey, that rhymes!)

Black and purple. :) Okay.. and I couldn't resist some sea foam highlights..

Heh. Well, do you like it?

It wasn't long till the Honour's Assembly. At first, I felt a little scared walking into school dressed like this and I constantly kept looking around to see people's reactions.. Everyone was looking at me, eyes wide. Some were whispering, others laughing, but most were smiling. Not in a smirky way, it was as if they approved!

Then I realised that none of them had recognised who it was.. and I was the one smiling as I sauntered into school.

I was right, no one recognised me! I tried to find Donna before the assembly started, but she was nowhere to be seen.. I did hope she wasn't skipping school today, she couldn't miss this! Then someone tapped me on the shoulder..

"What in the name of sims are you doing?"
"Oh, typical of you to recognise me, Curtis. I think you'll find I don't want to speak to you."

I scampered off before he had a chance to get any other silly words in. I made my way to the library, which for some reason was quite full. I hid myself away behind the geography section (Bleugh. Boring!!) until the bell rang as a signal for the start of the assembly. I waited for a few more minutes, and then made my way down to the hall and through the curtains onto the stage, in my seat. People were confused. Who was this gothic girl in Renesmee the geek's seat? No one said anything yet, though.

Until my name was called.. and I had to go up onto the stage practically blinded by the bright lights, and I got my certificate.. and I said my speech. And everyone gasped. They didn't recognise my looks, but they recognised my voice. Even so, my voice was a lot bolder. I liked this sudden attention, and I suddenly spoke with a more confident air. I used to quietly mumble and trip over my words and then look down at my shoes a lot to avoid eye contact with people but now I found myself looking people directly in the eye. And they were the ones that would look down. They felt intimidated.. scared. They were scared of me.

How awesome!

After the show, I walked home feeling very proud. It was like the beginning of a new era. Here was rebellious Renesmee.. Everything had changed. People would smile to me, and say hi in the corridors. Usually it would be a smirk and a shove as I made my way to the locker room.. I got home, and I found someone there..

Donna!

"You were awesome! Like a party with fifty hot boys and the most awesome electronica music!"

I had my best friend back. And nothing could stop that. Nothing could take that away from me..

The next week was a radical blur of parties, staying out after curfew and playing pranks on strangers with my awesome new friends. I was in the popular group! Larry and Donna and me and the other eight. I still found time for the one skill I was practising, though..

Yes. One. Logic is so boring, so I quit.

That stupid sister of mine Melissa, still had some things to say about my cleverness..

So I argued with her and declared her a nemesis. I'm glad I'm the heir, so I can kick her out as soon as she's old enough to be so.

On Friday, the day marking a week of me being a rebel, Curtis stopped me at lunch..
"I have to talk to you, Nessie.."
"Oh yeah? What for? And it's actually Renneh to you, not stupid Nessie like the Loch-Ness Monster."
"Er.. Renneh?"
"What is it you wanted to say?"
Curtis hesitated for a bit.. Stupid boy, I don't have time for this.
"My friends are waiting. Spit it out."
"I'm.. I'm worried. About you. You and those people.. this isn't you! You would never go out dressed like this! Don't you remember? You talked about how you'd always have good grades at school. They've kicked you off the honour roll! And Mum told me she saw you out at Central Park at 2AM last night! 2AM? Ness.. erm.. Renneh? You'd be snoring dreams about your next game of chess by then! You could do so well but at this rate you're going you're going to end up one of those idiots working part time at the supermarket just to feed themselves and.. that's if they even accept you to work there!"
He was right.. I slowly felt myself wanting to take my silly extensions out, and wipe all my makeup off, and get back into my seafoam jumper and yellow jeans..
"Renneh? Where..? What in the name of my PVC pants are you doing with that?"
"Oh.. erm.. sorry, Donna. I have to go, Curtis. See you around.."

Saturday.. I had to work overtime at the silly bookstore because I had missed my shift last night. Ugh. I was thinking of quitting, actually..
"Ugh." I groaned. And Curtis heard me.
"What is it?"
"Nothing to you."
"It's Donna's party, isn't it?"
Idiot. Why'd he have to know everything, is he a mind reader?
"Yes, as a matter of fact, it is. Her party was the whole point of this! She's my best friend, I can't not go!"
"I.. I thought I was your best friend?"
"Ugh." I groaned, again. I heard Curtis sigh.
"Look.. fine. I'll.. I'll work your overtime. Off you go to the party."
"Really..?"
"Yes."
"Why?" I exclaimed. I would certainly not do that for anyone, and I have the friendly trait!
"Because once upon a time, you would do the same for me."
Hm. He does read minds..

So off I went to the biggest party on the planet.

Why did I feel so bad, then?

I got home. I was still on the phone with Lacey who broke her leg while trying to do a wheelie with her bike on top of a tree, and couldn't go to the party:
"Are you kidding me? It was awesomely immense! Donna is so pretty as Young Adult, you've got to see!"
"Oh.. erm.. hmm. Does she still have her orange hair?"
Lacey was a little stupid at times..

But I wasn't going to give Lacey an answer, because there was something on the news Mum and Annalie were watching..

"There has been a meteor strike at the Divisadero Budget Books Store in Sunset Valley. Luckily, not very many people were at the scene at the time of the disaster, but one boy has been seriously injured and is now in hospital."

That did it.

I ran and ran, as fast as my five-skillpoints-in-athletics-legs would let me. I couldn't drive, not in a state like this. I made it to the hospital, one minute after my curfew broke. But this was no time for rules..

I gave the lady at the desk Curtis's name, hoped against hoped that she would say that it was some other boy that got injured, and felt my heart sink when she confirmed he was in room 224.

I found Curtis, lying in a bed all singed, black dirt everywhere, and with bandages almost covering his entire body.

"Oh my goodness!.. I'm sor.."
I couldn't finish my sentence, for bursting into tears was hard to talk through. This was all my fault. It should've been me under that stupid rock!
"Hey.. it's okay.. they say I'm going to be okay.. Renesmee?"
It was me who had to go to that stupid party.. it was me who Curtis stayed for. All for some stupid recognition..
"I'm going to be okay.. Nessie?"
All for some stupid bit of popularity.. It wasn't worth this.. it wasn't worth..
"HELLO?"
"..sorry.." I snuffled. Gosh, I bet I looked attractive..
"You don't exactly look happy, Renesmee.. there is mascara down your face and.. gosh, I never realised quite the shade of purple that lipstick is, jeez!"
"I.. of course.. and.. and you've got to stop reading minds!.."
"Er.."
"I was just thinking about how I looked!"
"Heh. I guess our minds are just in tune, then.."
There was a moment of silence. I realised how wrong I was.
"I'll change back. I promise. And then we'll go some place. Another movie! Or.. or fishing! I.. don't like fishing.. We could go to the gym together! You are my best friend, Curtis. Not silly Donna that gets me into trouble all the time!"
"Thank you." He beamed. But he wasn't finished..
"Er.. that's another bit of news I have to tell you.."
What? My heart began pounding, do I really need more drama, at a time like this? Oh, it all piles on, doesn't it..?!
"I'm.. moving. Again."
"WHAT?! You can't move! you can't leave me! You're the only true friend I have!"
"Hey, only to Bridgeport!"
"That's far! That's an hour away on the silly train!! Don't leave, please? Why do you have to go?"
"My Auntie's fallen ill.. Look, I'll visit, okay? I promise. And we'll phone.. Just.."
"Yes? What is it?"
"You did mean it about.. erm.. de-rebellising. Right? You will go back to yellow jeans and sea foam wooly jumpers?"
"Heh. And sea foam metal glasses and blonde hair that make people think I'm dumb at first." I chuckled.
"Promise?"
"I promise."

And so it was.. Curtis did move, after his injuries healed. But we still talked. I did de-rebel. Back to sea foam.. and not just hints of it against black.. I continued with logic, as well as athletics. And even started a new skill: Charisma! It helped that I kept my new-found confidence. Mum says it's a 'clue to what my Young Adult trait will be' but my genius brain can't figure it out for the life of me! Hmm.. I realised that popularity doesn't matter, especially when all you do is get in trouble. And I got back on the honour roll. Mel and I didn't stay enemies for long.. I bought a new expensive painting for her bedroom that I thought she might like and she returned the favour with giving me a.. erm.. stolen plate from the Bistro. Hm. Well, I guess we can't all change! :P

Renesmee.. Back to normal, thank goodness!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Chapter 19 - Changing Renesmee (Part III)
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »
Heh, like they say you can't beat the original! I'm glad Nessie returned to her roots... But I have to say Curtis moving made me cry. :'(

Awesome update nonetheless!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »
Heh, like they say you can't beat the original! I'm glad Nessie returned to her roots... But I have to say Curtis moving made me cry. :'(

Awesome update nonetheless!

Thank you, Chronic! ;D There is a reason for Curtis 'moving' and that is that my Edit Town is bugged and therefore I cannot get him into my game. :'( It sucks, because now I need to find a random townie to involve in the next plot with Annalie and Melissa but hey. :)

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »
Great work on this one Fez thumbs up ;)
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:13 PM »
Wow, I-er-loved the hair? :o

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
Wow, I-er-loved the hair? :o

So did I, although the graphics made the sea foam highlights look a little wrong at times, haha. Thanks for reading, Emily! ;D

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2011, 02:02:29 PM »
Haha, you know I read anyway ;D

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2011, 09:11:05 AM »
I quite liked Renesmee's new look, I'd never wear it myself though. :)
Aww, Curtis is gone! I liked him.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

anything