Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95909 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: On Hiatus. Again.
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
I know how you feel. I've just begun a legacy. Today I was playing. I got the second generation from baby to child. She was a level 5 in Logic and was all ready to go to school and make friends, when, BAM!! The laptop just shut down. Apparently it over heated but it wasn't making "I'm about to explode, save the game" sounds like it normally does. I'm so annoyed.

Ahh! I absolutely hate it! Especially when it's something so important! Mine doesn't make any sounds, just shuts down randomly! You have a Legacy, Sophie? Is it on here, I haven't seen it.. What is it called, I will go and read it. :)

Ha! I loved that update, truly hilarious. Sorry about your laptop problems though, hopefully it'll clear up soon. :(

Thank you, Glass! Told ya Mel would be a rebel. ;) I hope so, too!

Oh no! Stupid laptop! This is one of my favorite legacies! Just like Jessie said, I'll be reading the next update no matter how long it takes!

Thank you so much, Alieana! I am truly honoured that the Dreamers are one of your favourite legacies! :D

Thank you all for reading and being there. It means so much to me! I have gotten an extra hour or so of game play so that's good. Maybe, just maybe, I may be able to prepare an update for the day after tomorrow.. And also, I have uploaded Lori and Taylor to the Swap Shop! You can download them here but notice that Taylor needs Ambitions to download as his trait, Savvy Sculptor is a trait only available with Ambitions. :)

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2011, 04:44:52 PM »
Make Mel the heir! I command it  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Make Mel the heir! I command it  ;D

Things may or may not change around, Candy.. but I will let you all in on one thing: The household in my game is full.. but there are only seven sims right now, right? Keep your eyes peeled.. ;)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »
I've not put it on here, I've written it in a notebook and am on the 3rd generation. It's a practice. However, I have a story on the Misc. Story board if you want to read it. It's on hiatus though. There's just too much going on right now.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »
I've not put it on here, I've written it in a notebook and am on the 3rd generation. It's a practice. However, I have a story on the Misc. Story board if you want to read it. It's on hiatus though. There's just too much going on right now.

Oh, okay. :) I'll go check it out.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »
Chapter 13 - Full House

Max
There were seven of them. A Mum, Lori. She tried her best, and so she did the best. She would garden, cook, fish and paint, still being able to look after the young ones and look amazing all at the same time. Taylor was much the same, although he would flaunt a bit more. Taylor was lacking on his own Lifetime Wish because of family, and he knew it. Perhaps he'd change it, there was no way to tell with him. Was this truly what he wanted? The three girls were all in their own little worlds, especially Annalie. And the two little boys were far too young to be spoken about.. that being said, they have had their birthdays:

There are a nice array of genetics there. Both boys bring their mothers eyes. Both boys are blonde, Nicholas having a slight white hue to his father's blonde. It's a wonder where that came from. The boys couldn't be more different. Ben would play with trucks and action figures, while Nick preferred his sister's dollhouse, and had a knack for fiddling with the athletic machines when no one was looking.

Those boys have a lot to learn, and doesn't their Mummy know it..

"Yes, Nicholas. You will make friends at the swimming pool, and you will also fall in love but you must wear a funny hat first. Preferably a Fez. Fezzes are the best."
..and so it was, that Nicholas's first word was Fez..

Days passed, the boys were well and truly on their way to childhood, while one member of the household was days away from becoming a teenager. But Renesmee, our legacy's heir, had been keeping a low profile lately, after winning the Public Speaking cup..  The three girls crowded round the breakfast table, as they always do, and talked about the days' upcoming dreaded maths test.

"I really, really hope I pass. I've been studying for weeks for this. And if I don't get that A+++ then I will just feel terrible." worried Renesmee. Indeed, Renesmee had been studying for weeks. Perhaps a bit above her level, though. It seems our Nessie has forgotten that there is no trigonometry in elementary school. She would surely pass this.
"Pssh.. maths. Who needs maths when you're going to be rich, like me?" said Melissa. Melissa was actually extremely worried about the maths test, and hoped that no one would catch her cheating. She planned to sit beside her other genius sister, Annalie, and copy her answers.
"I hope there is a question about green marshmallows. If there is a question on green marshmallows, then I will surely pass." said Annalie. Annalie believed this, entirely. She had been studying the nature of marshmallows all night. Melissa, after hearing this, made a mental note to sit beside Renesmee during the test, instead.

The girls finished their breakfast and, noticing they had some free time before the school bus arrived, set off in different directions to do different things. Renesmee was off to check that she had memorised the Cosine Rule correctly, and Annalie was going to fish in the swimming pool, hoping to catch a marshmallow. Melissa had different ideas, and decided to stop her sister.

Melissa was extremely bored, and wanted to start an argument with someone, so had decided to offend Annalie by referring to her athletic wear as (horror of horrors) what she would find in a rubbish bin! There was no messing with Annalie, though, who swiftly replied with "Well, I am actually a giraffe. And do you know what? You are a tomato." confusing her sister so much that she made another mental note: never to speak to Annalie again.

The bus arrived and the girls set off to school. The sound of the bus driving off woke up Lori, who suddenly had a wish to teach Benjamin to walk. And so, she did..

After this, Lori was extremely hungry, so off she went to cook some waffles..

while her husband, now awake, sculpted an ice sculpture..

Taylor was quite desperate to sculpt an ice Lori as a special birthday present, for her adult birthday was nearing in a few days, but for such a sculpture to not melt, Taylor had to sculpt 25 ice sculptures. The one he was sculpting currently, was his fourth. Feeling worthless, and a little tired (despite just having woken up), Taylor sat down at the neglected bar stool in the dining room, and read the paper. This was when he found my advert. An advert for a butler, of sorts. Someone who would join the household, willingly help out with daily chores and be a friend to all members of the family. Taylor called the number at once, and here I am.

I am Max Skills, and I have joined the Dreamer household, making the number of sims here eight. That means we're full, and very busy, but I'm happy to be here. I didn't have to step one foot through the door before becoming everybody's best friend, even Melissa. Actually, Melissa, freshly back from school, was the first to speak to me. She asked me to sit down, and offered me a bit of cake. How nice!

Melissa was very friendly to me and stared, wide eyed, when I told her of all the skills I have maxed.

"Even.. athletics?" said Melissa, astonished.
"Yep, even athletics."

Melissa was very, very impressed, and I was beginning to wonder why everyone thought so mean of her.. Perhaps it's just because I'm not a member of the family. I must investigate this more..

No investigating for me, though, I had work to do. I was here for a reason..

So that's what I would do. I would take care of the house, Taylor's old job, while Taylor now had the time to work on his lifetime wish.

He even had the time to potty train Benjamin!

And I was happy to find him playing with Nicholas, afterwards..

Meanwhile, I was happy to see that Annalie had brought home a friend..

Her name was Sylvia Wainwright, and Annalie had met her at school. They had bonded over a shared pencil during the maths test. They insisted on doing homework together, which I thought was sweet..

But then Sylvia had to go.. Just as well, because Annalie was hungry:

Annalie had met Renesmee at the table, who was doing her homework as usual. During their mindless chatter, something amazing happened: they became best friends! Annalie was very happy to have her first best friend and Renesmee felt a surge of adoration towards her little sister.

Melissa was with Ben at the time..

Lori was happily cooking away, and decided to do a spot of gardening, too..

And then she decided to paint a portrait of Renesmee. Good idea, she'll be a teen soon!

Soon, the house quietened down..

Renesmee was dreaming about her future success in athletics..

Annalie dreamt about fish (not marshmallows)..

Melissa dreamt about money..

Taylor dreamt about teddy bears (the family-oriented coming out in him)..

Even I was asleep.

But Lori wasn't. See, it is now two days till Lori's birthday, and at midnight, it will be one. Lori had made a promise that she would stay awake, the whole night, and embrace her last day as a young adult. The next lifestage would be an important one. Lori would step down as heir of the legacy throne, and watch her daughter claim the title. Renesmee would provide us with the third generation, and Lori would watch. Lori was aware of her limited time on this world, and this birthday was making her more aware. Lori spent the night painting her daughter's portrait..

..while dreading the day that she could no longer live in this world.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Chapter 13 - Full house
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
Awwww...
Poor Lori, and welcome Max! Annalie makes me laugh with the marshmallows. :)
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
Thanks, Sophie. Yeah, can't get enough of them marshmallows. ;)

Offline GlassMirrors

• Llama Wrangler
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »
Poor Lori. :(

Cute & funny chapter. I enjoyed it through and through. Nice job, Fez! ^^
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2011, 04:26:13 AM »
Poor Lori. :(

Cute & funny chapter. I enjoyed it through and through. Nice job, Fez! ^^

Thank you so much, Glass. :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:55 AM »
Ooh, welcome Max! I can't wait to see all his adventures in the Dreamer household. Wow, eight Sims! Oh wait, you use cheats. I see. :P

I feel sad for Lori though. Haha, marshmallows are the best! Lol. Awesome update as always, Fez!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2011, 06:25:40 AM »
Ooh, welcome Max! I can't wait to see all his adventures in the Dreamer household. Wow, eight Sims! Oh wait, you use cheats. I see. :P

I feel sad for Lori though. Haha, marshmallows are the best! Lol. Awesome update as always, Fez!

I had actually made a pact with myself at the start of the legacy, that I would only use cheats on the babies and toddlers (the dragging of bars, makeneedsstatic makes my game lag..) but I have definitely gave up, now. ::) Thanks, Chronic.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2011, 07:04:40 AM »
Fez, I just read through your story and love it! The fact that your going for 30 generations is amazing! Good luck!
P.S I love your writing style.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2011, 07:30:59 AM »
Fez, I just read through your story and love it! The fact that your going for 30 generations is amazing! Good luck!
P.S I love your writing style.

Thank you so much, Gogo! It really means a lot to me. I proper hope I can make it to thirty generations, it has been my ultimate dream since I first started playing sims only three months ago! Again, thank you! :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2011, 08:26:28 AM »
Thank you so much, Gogo! It really means a lot to me. I proper hope I can make it to thirty generations, it has been my ultimate dream since I first started playing sims only three months ago! Again, thank you! :D
Only three months ago! Wow, you're ambitious! I remember when I started and my sim married Ethan Bunch. I didn't know how ugly the Bunches were back then.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything