Author Topic: The Dreamer Legacy: This Dream is Over! (Graveyard, Please!)  (Read 95704 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
View the Dreamer family tree here.

Introduction - Meet Lori

Just a Strangetown girl..
Living in a lonely world..
She took the midnight train to..
SUNSET VALLEY! ;D

My name is Lori Dreamer. It's a cliche, but this really is a case of Dreamer by name and Dreamer by nature. I've had dreams all my life, and I'm not talking about the sleeping kind..
First, to have a large family. This being because I was singled out when I was younger.  I was the only child and homeschooled. I had no friends. So, I want a lot of people around me in future. My own children, and someone that loves me by my side.
That right there is my second dream: To find my ideal spouse.
My third dream is to master the painting and cooking skills. I've always loved painting, though I myself am not artistic as my parents would never let me be. They said that painting was for stupid people that had nothing better to do with their lives. I disagree completely. I also want to cook. I've always loved food and the things you can do with it. I never got to try this skill either because, quite simply, my Mother would never trust me near the kitchen.
My fourth dream is to move to Sunset Valley. I first heard about the town on TV when I was very young. All the good TV shows on were filmed there. They said it was the 'Valley of Love'. Love, you say?
My plan was simply to work until I was rich enough to move there. No particular career, just loads of part-time jobs. But don't think that I'm just going to settle for the cheapest place in town, oh no.. because my fifth and final dream is to start a somewhat epic legacy. So when I die I have something massive left behind. Something huge. Something amazing. Something unforgettable. My own special print on the world, continuing and continuing.
I will no longer be Lori Dreamer: The shy girl with the strict parents who gets over excited or cries about everything. NO. I will be Lori Dreamer: Founder of the Infamous Dreamer Legacy.

So.. heaps of hard-earned saved money? Check.
One-way ticket to Sunset Valley? Check.
One independent woman with five big dreams? Check!

Right. So now I'm in Sunset Valley. That's one down, four to go.. But there's one thing I need to take care of first.. A Dream-er needs a Dream-house, right?

Why hello there, wads of saved cash!

Author's Note: Sorry for the same start, I just feel it was too good to lose. ;D I've tried to throw Lori's traits in there by subtly hiding them, but I suspect some may be too subtle, so here are Lori's traits:

Hopeless Romantic
Over-Emotional
Lucky
Great Kisser
Family-Oriented

Her favourites are Red, Hot Dogs and Custom (so she likes the music I like ;D )

and her lifetime wish is obviously the Surrounded By Family one. :)

Thank you for reading! :) x

________________________________________________________________________________________

1st Generation - Lori Dreamer - Wife of Taylor Dreamer (nee Grimshaw) and Mother of Renesmee, Annalie, Melissa, Benjamin and Nicholas Dreamer
2nd Generation - Renesmee Dreamer

Chapters
Chapter 1 - The Dreamer's Dreamhouse
Chapter 2 - Skills and Friendship
Chapter 3 - Meeting Taylor
Chapter 4 - A Certain Question
Chapter 5 - Enter Taylor
Chapter 6 - Nausea, Back Aches and a Big, Round Tummy
Chapter 7 - Introducing Renesmee..
Chapter 8 - Raising Renesmee and a Little Surprise..(or two!)
Chapter 9 - Being Dad
Chapter 10 - A Growing Family
Chapter 11 - May I Introduce Myself?
Chapter 12 - Melissa is Clearly the Best. Clearly.
Chapter 13 - Full House
Chapter 14 - I have a Secret
Chapter 15 - The Heir's Birthday
Chapter 16 - Lori, Continued...
Chapter 17 - Changing Renesmee (Part I)
Chapter 18 - Changing Renesmee (Part II)
Chapter 19 - Changing Renesmee (Part III)
Chapter 20 - Stealing The Spotlight
Chapter 21 - A Girl Named Annalie.. Crazy In Love
Chapter 22 - A Continuing Secret
Chapter 23 - What Did You Expect From A Kleptomaniac?
Chapter 24 - Bonjour Benjamin!
Chapter 25 - Prom Night.. Being Mister Popular
Chapter 26 - Conclusion to Generation One
Chapter 27 - Hey, Renesmee!
Chapter 28 - Egyptian Endeavours (Part I)
Chapter 29 - Melissa: Older and Even Better!
Chapter 30 - Egyptian Endeavours (Part II)
CHECKPOINT

Chapter 31 - Egyptian Endeavours (Part III) and a Secret Revealed
Chapter 32 - Dance the way I Feel

You can download all of the Dreamer Legacy sims, their clothes and even the Dreamhouse (Featured from the beginning of Chapter 16) here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Dreamer Legacy: Let's Hope It'll Last
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:41:38 AM »
Awesome start, Fez! Welcome back Lori and good luck in this attempt! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
Great start Fez, and good luck! Not like you'll need it... *cue terrifying music*  :D
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »
Thank you, Emily. :) I better not need it.. *shudders*

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:33 PM »
Well if it's as long as you said before...  :D
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:03:13 PM »
It shall be. :P Well, let's hope I get to at least 5 generations or even the second, unlike last time..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlassMirrors

• Llama Wrangler
  • What? Never seen a dancing waffle before?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »
Love the start, I'm a big journey fan so you had me in with line one!! Haha :) Can't wait to read more about Lori and her adventures through the Valley! :)
My Links!

• ➸ The Marshall Legacy

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:55:48 AM »
Wel, I'm a big Glee fan (Can You Tell?!) So you had me at Just a Strangetown Girl  ;D I Hope everything goes well :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:06:02 AM »
Thank you GlassMirrors and CandyHeartedSim! :D I also love that song.

An update will be here later today.

Lol@Sam

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »
Nice start. Lori's hot. Trust you to use the icons. xP

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »
Thank you, Sam. :) Trust you to say Lori's hot. ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
Chapter 1 - The Dreamer’s Dreamhouse

I look around at the gorgeous two houses next to mine.. These belong to my neighbours. I have never seen such beautiful lots away from the TV and magazines.. I feel out of place. I feel like an alien to this luxury world. I feel I don’t have the right to be here. I feel overwhelmed.. Then I look again, and I see something different. I see my future. I see my family. I see myself growing old with my husband, surrounded by my now-grown children, and their kids…. *

I wonder if I happen to have some sort of hidden ‘impulsive’ trait. I found myself having a look at the map of unowned properties and, without bothering to actually look at any pictures of the place, buying the most expensive lot immediately. I suppose I don’t really mind; It hasn’t left much of a dent in my wallet, but.. Something doesn’t feel right..

Yes, I am standing here. I won’t try to describe to you what is in front of me because the answer to that is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Well, grass. But how am I supposed to live with just grass? Was this some sort of joke? Oh, I am just ready to march right down to those imbeciles and tell them exactly what I think of them.

There were two guys at the office in charge of housing. I explained my problem to them. They just stared at me blankly and one of the guys, who has a particularly annoying way of raising his eyebrows at me, explained that I am expected to build my own house on that bit of land. They said I could build anything I like and that I could have a massive toilet as my roof for all they cared.  But there is one tiny problem.. I can’t build! All this stress was beginning to build up a lot in my head and.. Well, I burst into tears. In front of everyone. Hello, Over-emotional trait. Thank you for making this surprise appearance. Much appreciated. I feel humiliated now. Mr Raised-Eyebrows turned out to be Mr Nice-Guy, though. I suppose he was rather overwhelmed with my sudden outburst, and so he offered to hire some builders and architects for me. He said it would be free of charge. I sensed that this was out of pity.. I don’t like being pitied…

But hey, free stuff! My lucky trait is coming into play.. High five! :D  

So, the next week or so was spent standing on my lawn waiting for the finished result, with constant trips to the newly built bathroom and the café in town, and sleeping on park benches. Oh, it’s a glamorous life.. But baby, it was so worth it..

So here is my house:

I hear it was inspired from somewhere. Wow, I’d sure like to see this ’somewhere’. I love my new house. It’s everything I’ve ever dreamed of (5 bathrooms: Relief, no matter where you are.. Okay, that’s a bad joke.). The builders say they left me loads of space for my future family.. I felt a little faint with joy. People were actually listening to my views. People were actually listening to what I think and what I want and what I dream. People actually care.. Then the builder’s handed me the bill. Yeah, I got the builder’s and architects work free.. But the actual resources apparently don’t come free….

Okay, so that did leave a dent in my wallet. Meh. I have everything I need anyway. Well, bar friends. And skills. And a boyfriend. And kids. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.. *sigh* Ugh.. Let me get some decent sleep first, please!

*…I look for the third time, and they’re gone. But I know that those people will be back, and they won’t just be a vision this time. I do belong here.  I turn around and face the new house before me, and I smile. For this here, is my home.

Author's Note: As some of you may have guessed, the Dreamhouse was inspired by Filly's infamous and insanely beautiful Redwood Place, which I wish was downloadable. If it was, I can assure you that Lori would be sleeping in it rather than my own inferior creation. But, i did the best i could (and I do realise the measurements are unbelievably wrong and a massive fail) but I like it and have to admit that I'm a little bit proud and that this has got to be one of the best things I have built, even if it was partly copied. :D So thanks, Filly, for an amazing inspiration even if i haven't done it justice.  ::)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
That house is so awesome, Fez! Don't be ashamed, it really is, well done! :D

I especially like that fountain at the top of the build - amazing.

On another note, I really like Lori's outfit, nice work with patterns. What can I say else, awesome update! :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
That house is so awesome, Fez! Don't be ashamed, it really is, well done! :D

I especially like that fountain at the top of the build - amazing.

On another note, I really like Lori's outfit, nice work with patterns. What can I say else, awesome update! :D

Thank you, Chronic. :D I change her outfit every day, so it'll be different in the next update. ;D