Author Topic: What skills do you have?  (Read 26276 times)

Leto85

Re: What skills do you have?
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 03:25:25 AM »
Level 6 logic!? :o
Why do you think that?

Okay, I'll change writing to level 7. Happy?

Totally! Next time, don't underestimate yourself. You can do better than you may think yourself. ;)

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 02:02:36 PM »
Cooking-Minus 1000, if it was possible. I've burnt my hand (actually every time I touch an oven) and Shreddies. :-[

Logic-8 or 9 maybe? I have never learnt to play chess so I couldn't really say anything above that. I am very nerdy, though.

Writing-About 2. I'm not much good at imaginative writing, but can write for hours if it's an informative piece, especially on a topic I like. I read constantly though!

Athletics-At school, -1000000000000000000000 or more, but I used to be ok at ballet and can do hurdles.

Piano-About...4? I teach myself to play pieces but haven't got very far with grades, because I did not have a new teacher until recently.
Guitar-Around 1 :P If the flute existed in TS3 then I'd maybe be around level 6 or so, based on sightreading and general playing not grades (again, due to a problem with teachers).

Collecting-2...because of Pokemon White and the Sims.

I don't really have any other skills that are in the Sims  :D
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 12:05:44 PM »
Hrm.. Let me look at Carl's list real quick

Athletic: 1 -- I love riding a bike or swimming.  I used to race sailboats locally with my parents and sister but I'm really a couch potato at heart.
Charisma: 4 -- Probably have the comedian challenge but not sure about any others
Collecting: I don't actively collect a lot but some figurines by Susan Lordi, books, blankets (can never have enough) and I keep getting gifted Princess Fiona dolls (Shrek reference) because I look a lot like a short, non-green version of her ogre self.
Cooking: 4 -- more of a baker than a cooker but I do try to make good stuff to keep my husband happy
Fishing: 3 -- I've been deep sea fishing and been pier fishing as I live near a major beach but it's not something I do on without a purpose like a family trip.
Gardening: 3 -- I know how to weed and fertilizer.  My grandfather was the owner a plant nursery and my dad works for one too.  I've been used as slave labor when needed, especially if I wanted money for something.
Guitar/Musical Instruments: 0 -- They're so pretty but I have short arms and little fat sausage fingers that make for more laughs than tunes.
Handiness: 5 -- Maybe.  I haven't died doing something stupid yet but I know how to make the toilet start working again and how to stop a leak in the kitchen.
Logic: 5  -- I can't play chess to save my life, however I love strategy games and puzzles.  I might have the tutoring skill challenge because if it hadn't been for me way  back when our high school valedictorian would have probably only gotten a B in Calculus and if it wasn't for him I would have never done my homework XD
Mixology: 4 -- Bartender since I was young, mixing concoctions both wonderful and horrible out of whatever I could find that was edible.
Photography: 2 -- I've taken some nice shots and I've taken some really bad shots.  I like photography but I haven't actively been involved with my camera for a while.
Writing: 5 or 6 -- I did online roleplaying chat forum type stuff from AOL and Yahoo long long long time ago and all that creativity is funneled into my dynasties at this point.  Always said I would write a book but I've never gotten around to it.  However I am a complete bookworm and have read at least 150 in my time.

I think that covers my skills =X
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 04:47:36 PM »
Writing: 5 or 6

I think you need at least a 9 here! I'm sure that Mr. Artie would agree!  :D

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
Athletic - Level 6, maybe? I play outside (more like run and scream) from 10 am to 9 pm on most days in the summer. Not kidding. I also love to ride my bike and swim.

Bass/Drums/Guitar/Piano - 0. I like to make up random sounds on the piano, but I wouldn't call it music. I can't read a music sheet. At all.

Charisma - 5. I have convinced my mom to not clean my room, to buy me cookies, anything. Maybe even a 7.

Collecting - 3. I don't collect a lot, but I have a bunch of BB balls (for the gun) and shells.

Cooking - 8. For sure. I can make cake, cupcakes, custard, mashed potatoes, you name it. I just can't remember recipies, but if I had a cookbook I could cook anything. I can even bake in the oven if I was allowed to.

Fishing - 0.5. I have been fishing once, but it was the most boring experience ever.

Handiness - 0. Although, if this includes work with computers, 2. I am pretty good at figuring out downloads, creating basic HTML goodies, and several other things.

Inventing - 0. Alas, I wish I could try this out. It sounds really fun.

Logic - 9. I'm smart. Like, scary smart. But I have never played chess, so this is why I take one point off.

Martial Arts - 0. Never tried it once in my life, and I don't feel like it either.

Mixology/Nectar making - It would be illegal for me to try this. I'm young.

Painting - 3. Although I love drawing and painting, I'm not good at it.

Writing - 7. I have gotten A's on all my assignments.

Everything else is pretty much 0.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »
I don't think I have that many skills but maybe Athletic 4(I play sports a lot) and logic 6(I'm pretty good at logic had to practice it all the time for my Academic Decathlon)  ;D

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
Hmmm...

Level 3 Cooking (I like to cook, and I'm pretty good at it.)
Level 1 Logic (In some ways, I guess. I'm a pretty logical thinker.)
Level 7 Writing (I'm a pretty good writer.)
Level 1 Piano (Sort of. I make stuff up as I go along, but can't play sheet music because I don't understand it.)
Oh, I guess I have level 1 Martial Arts too. When I fight with my brother, I can block and hit him pretty well.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2011, 10:55:21 PM »
Okay -- it's been fun reading others' skills, so I'll throw mine in:

Charisma -- 7 and probably Comedian since my skits have gotten a few laughs, also the challenge where you know lots of people
Cooking -- 7, probably have cooked more than 28 recipes in the past 35 years
Gardening -- 3, but improving
Handiness -- 2, I can unclog toilets
Logic -- 8, plus Teacher Challenge
Piano -- 3, but way out of practice
Photography -- 5
Martial Arts -- 5? I've taken t'ai chi and done quite a few meditation sesshins, but couldn't kick-box my way out of a paper bag. Oh, and I can't teleport yet either.
Painting -- 4, more drawing,really.
Writing -- 10, considering I used to teach freshman composition, and have written a novel (unpublished) and a fair number of poems.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 11:12:21 PM »
Athletic: 1, but if this includes yoga/other flexible-ness, 9. I'm extremely flexible.
Cooking: 3. I'm not going to burn anything and I've thought up my own recipes a few times.
Bass: 4. I can play the bass a little. I can read all three clefs, so.. yep.
Painting: 5. I've won drawing contests. Whee.
Logic: I don't do any of that Simmy-logic stuff, but I've tutored people, I've had teachers tell me I need to skip several grades, and I'm a certified genius. So 10.
Photography: 5 or 6, I used to take pictures of little babies and edit them in photoshop in exchange for a pretty penny.
Writing: 9. I'm working on getting published, but until then, this is a solid 9.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
Logic-6
Writing-6
Charisma-5
Comedian
Cooking-2.5
Photography-4 I loved doing this as a child, I probably should take it up again.
Collecting-??? Um, well, I have pretty stones in my room. :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2011, 04:01:38 AM »
My Photography skill has improved from -455 to 5. :D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2011, 04:03:27 AM »
My Photography skill has improved from -455 to 5. :D

Haha, that's awesome. And during the photography bug. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:03 AM »
Guess I missed this thread when first put out.

Athletic: used to be 5 as I played on a softball team and volleyball  team. We won the tournament in volleyball (and I was 4 months pregnant).
Charisma: 6 - I chat up total strangers on the Metro and more came to my retirement party than to the one for the CEO.
Guitar/piano/bass and drums: 0
Cooking: 10 - I grind my own meats for my terrrines; make bread, tajines, sushi, etc.
Logic: 3 - always get beat at chess - but often win at poker
Martial Arts: 0 - but I was good at street fighting when growing up in the Ghetto
Photography: 6 - I won an award in high school for some of my photos and I used to develop the film myself.
Painting: 5
Sculpting: 5- if you count pottery as sculpting
Mixology: 3 - I make the mixed drinks for all my guests (often too strong).
Club dancing: 8 - was a ten before my knees started aching, I even danced on the tables at bars.
Writing: 4 - my job was writing contracts with other international companies and often there were few revisions. Other writing (books) would be 0.
Fishing: 3 - I love to do it; but, can't do fly fishing or anything like that.
Gardening: 7 - I have 2 bonsai that are over 40 years old and in mint condition. I can grow vegetables in the smallest pots on my balcony.
Handiness: 2 - I call for HELP

Something not in the sims3 is sewing and knitting: level 7 for sewing (I make quilts) and level 5 for knitting (sweaters)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
Well, my skills are not that impressive but..*shrugs*

Instruments: 3 but not any of the in-game instruments
Cooking: 1 I can cook but  always burn it. I've burned toast before.
Handiness: I'll say 5 because all the sims do is hit stuff with a hammer. And I'm good at hitting things.
Logic: 8 But that's going off of my report cards.
Athletic: 1 And that's only because I can play badminton
Charisma: 3
Collecting: 10 Because of my extensive pokemon collection
Writing: 2 But I am working on that.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2011, 05:51:55 PM »
Now, I've lost many of my skills. Neeed a patch. Carpal tunnel, so can't quilt anymore. Knees are goig out, so no more latino dancing. I need a young again potion!

anything