Author Topic: How many hidden traits can one Sim inherit  (Read 12175 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How many hidden traits can one Sim inherit
« on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
I noticed that in Pam's simbot story thread Chronic stated that a Sim can only inherit one hidden trait. I am pretty sure that this may not be the case.
I had a Sim in my Smith Dynasty,he was Wolff gen 8, who had the pyro trait(inherited from his father)the ability to salute(inherited from his grandfather) and the neat trait(inherited from generation three spouse Herbert who was a maid)

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: How many hidden traits can one Sim inherit
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »
Traits from NPC's can exist with creature or culture traits, as well as each other. But, the three creature traits can't exist together. Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire conflict with each other. The chance to get the latter is higher than of the former. But, sometimes the game can choose only one hidden trait at birth if more than one are possible. If one of those traits is a creature trait, then the NPC trait won't be inherited. Although, it is proven that a NPC hidden trait and a creature trait can exist together during a Sim's lifetime. An obvious example is Beau Merrick. Sims can have more than one hidden trait, if that's the question.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
I get what you mean now thanks for clarifying.

Rachel

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:36:13 PM »
You're welcome. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
Actually if I may can I use this thread to ask a semi-related question? How can you tell if a sim has the pyro or immune to fire traits and so forth? I have two NPC's whom joined my family in a legacy game. Also in the family tree there was a international super spy and a criminal. I've seen one or two of the children with the ability to sneak. Also Ronny (formerly NPC Fireman) can take things like a klepto. All of this has me curious.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
If I clicked on an object my pyro would have the option to set fire to it.

Rachel

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
There is a glitch in the game when you can see hidden traits listed as normal traits. I usually get that while travelling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:50:42 PM »
There is a glitch in the game when you can see hidden traits listed as normal traits. I usually get that while travelling.

That glitch also lets you see LTR's listed as traits.

Also, ratchie, for setting fire to stuff,  I thought that you clicked the ground and the option to "Burn Something Nearby" came up.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:27:34 AM »
Yes, you're right. But only certain rewards, not all of them.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:35 AM »
But, sometimes the game can choose only one hidden trait at birth if more than one are possible. If one of those traits is a creature trait, then the NPC trait won't be inherited. Although, it is proven that a NPC hidden trait and a creature trait can exist together during a Sim's lifetime.

This bit is confusing me a little.  First you said that if a creature trait is inherited, then the NPC trait won't be inherited.  Then the very next sentence says that an NPC hidden trait and a creature trait can exist together during a Sim's lifetime.  Aren't you contradicting yourself?

Also, I don't think I agree with the first part of it.  One of Uriah's daughters inherited the SimBot trait as well as the NPC trait of Immune to Fire.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:01 AM »
Sorry to cause confusion. What I mean is that SimBots, Vampires or Mummies can gain hidden traits during their lifetime - for example my Astronaut SimBot gained the Can Salute hidden trait from his career. It means during lifetime, right? Now that you say it, I remembered that Immune to Fire is also a must trait for SimBots. If the SimBot trait exists, then Immune to Fire is automatically added. I wonder if Uriah's grandchildren will have both hidden traits. Most likely yes. Yeah, I know all this hidden trait stuff is confusing. :-[

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 05:56:38 AM »
Uriah actually has the Pyromaniac hidden trait.  Didn't you or someone else say that Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire are conflicting traits?  I don't know for sure, but I don't see why they would be conflicting.  Seems to me they would go hand in hand.  In my particular game, I thought that Uriah was a Pyromaniac because his SimBot father (Gray) has the firefighter LTW and could have been a firefighter in my previous game file.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

thesweetestpea

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 05:59:09 AM »
Uriah actually has the Pyromaniac hidden trait.  Didn't you or someone else say that Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire are conflicting traits?  I don't know for sure, but I don't see why they would be conflicting.  Seems to me they would go hand in hand.  In my particular game, I thought that Uriah was a Pyromaniac because his SimBot father (Gray) has the firefighter LTW and could have been a firefighter in my previous game file.

Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire are conflicting because they're both gained the same way. You can't have both.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »
Pyromaniac and Immune to Fire are conflicting because they're both gained the same way. You can't have both.

You can, if the Sim in case is a SimBot. SimBots have Immune to Fire from birth, while Pyromaniac can be inherited from one of the parents (of course, if only the birth was natural, like in Uriah's case). Another case is, as Pam mentioned, if a Sim is level 10 in Firefighter profession. That Sim has both traits (ITF and Pyromaniac).
Wow, Pam. Uriah is one interesting Sim(Bot)! Normally, it's impossible to have both ITF and Pyromaniac from birth if the creature in question is a normal Sim.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 06:23:30 AM »
You can, if the Sim in case is a SimBot. SimBots have Immune to Fire from birth, while Pyromaniac can be inherited from one of the parents (of course, if only the birth was natural, like in Uriah's case). Another case is, as Pam mentioned, if a Sim is level 10 in Firefighter profession. That Sim has both traits (ITF and Pyromaniac).
Wow, Pam. Uriah is one interesting Sim(Bot)! Normally, it's impossible to have both ITF and Pyromaniac from birth if the creature in question is a normal Sim.

No they don't. They only get Immune to Fire, which they get at level 8 of their profession. I don't know about simbots.

anything