Author Topic: Sims 3 time gets stuck  (Read 36797 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Sims 3 time gets stuck
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:30:04 AM »
OK, I am having a weird problem. I have all the expansion and stuff packs installed with NO downloaded custom content installed. Lately, the clock in my Sims 3 game gets stuck at 7:59am! Anyone else facing this problem?

How do I solve this problem? Please help! Thanks!

:'(

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Sims 3 time gets stuck
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:16:44 AM »
This issue could also be because I threw a party. Anyone else facing this problem? So how do I cancel the party which starts at 9:00am?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
Hi Blanchflower,

I've already seen my game freezing, but not especially at 7:59am. It might indeed be something specific to your save.

I don't think it's possible to cancel a party once the invitation has been sent. The freeze might be caused by some of your guests stuck somewhere. You could try to check each of them, and if you see one looking stuck, or foot stomping because of some routing issue, then use the cheat code 'resetsim [firstname] [lastname]' on this Sim.

If you can't find anyone stuck, you can use resetsim on your whole town (  type 'resetsim *' ). Everybody will be sent back home, actions cancelled and needs reset, this including your active Sims.

Freezing are "usually" a result of some routing problem in the world. In which world do you play? Is it a home party or a venue party?
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:39:24 AM »
Hi Blanchflower,

I've already seen my game freezing, but not especially at 7:59am. It might indeed be something specific to your save.

I don't think it's possible to cancel a party once the invitation has been sent. The freeze might be caused by some of your guests stuck somewhere. You could try to check each of them, and if you see one looking stuck, or foot stomping because of some routing issue, then use the cheat code 'resetsim [firstname] [lastname]' on this Sim.

If you can't find anyone stuck, you can use resetsim on your whole town (  type 'resetsim *' ). Everybody will be sent back home, actions cancelled and needs reset, this including your active Sims.

Freezing are "usually" a result of some routing problem in the world. In which world do you play? Is it a home party or a venue party?

Thanks, so can you tell me about the cheat code and how may I proceed?

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:42:36 AM »
Hi Blanchflower,

It is a venue party by the way..............

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 04:46:09 AM »
This is not specifically about Late Night, so I'm moving it to the Miscellaneous Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 05:01:35 AM »
Hi Blanchflower,

How do I use resetSim for the whole town? I clicked on the * button but it did now work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
For the cheat code, PJSim posted a nice explanation in Technical help board, with picture and example. Here is the link: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,451.0.html.

In case resetting specific Sims, one by one, is not enough to solve your problem, then you might want to perform a "reset" on everybody. For this, open the command line and type 'resetsim *' (without the quotes).

Then maybe there is something wrong with the lot. The entrance area might be too narrow, and the game fails to find a routing path for the Sims. Or the access is through elevators, and they are a common cause of lags and freezes. You can always try to 're-plop' this lot, it helps the game to redraw the routing connection along the boundaries of the lot. (for this, go to Edit Town, save the lot to library, bulldoze it, and place again the copy from library).

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:40 AM »
I typed in resetsim * but the problem remains. The clock still stops at 7:59AM. This problem is just ruining my game. I have come so far and now this! Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »
Freezing are "usually" a result of some routing problem in the world.

Freezing is usually the result of cache file problems, especially when that game freeze happens at the same time when the save is reloaded.  This is especially prevalent in Riverview and Barnacle Bay, since these worlds use World Cache files as well.  It has little, if anything, to do with sims not being able to get from point A to point B.

Try deleting your cache files.  This is safe to do (and should become part of your routine game maintenance anyways), as the game will recreate these files if they are missing.  All they really do is store information that allows objects in the town render faster when you move your camera to them.

Follow this path:  Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3.  Once there, find these 4 files and delete them:

CASPartCache.package
scriptCache.package
compositorCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

Once you've done this, open a folder named "WorldCaches."  There will be 2 files in here for each world that did not come with the base game (Riverview and Barnacle Bay for certain, but CAW worlds may create files here too).  Delete everything in this folder.  It's entirely possible that you don't have a WorldCaches folder.  If you don't, all this means is that your computer doesn't require them, or you don't have any towns that generate World Cache files.

From my experience, it is likely that this will fix your issue.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply but that solution does not work. The time still stands till at 7:59AM but the needs of my Sims moves as if the time is progressing. My Sim is able to move but the time stays stuck. Is there another solution for this?

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »
Have you tried simply exiting and restarting your game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 11:10:19 PM »
I have tried doing that but the problem still remains!

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 01:27:13 AM »
OK, I have finally solved this problem! I made my Sim go to China and when he came back from the adventure, the time continued again! I hope that this information will be useful to people having the same problem!

Cheers!

:)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 04:20:14 AM »
Good news to see you solved your problem, Blanchflower!

I'm afraid you were hit by an unusual bug, since all the 'standard bug fixing procedures' didn't work for you. A last bit of advice: if this is a save/Sims you really like, make back ups. Once 'big bugs' start to appear, it can result in some crescendo to the complete unplayability of that save. Copy your Sims to the Sim bin (in the dresser/plan outfit, you can save them), copy your household with or without home to the household bin in Edit in game.

anything