Author Topic: Trigger animations  (Read 11873 times)

Leto85

Trigger animations
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »
Hi all,

I'm always on the lookout for interesting sims animation (and specially facial ones) that I can use in filming. I remember that for The Sims 2 there was an object that you could use to trigger certain animations. Does anybody know if there is such an object or another way in The Sims 3 to kind of do the same thing? It will make seting up decors and every sim in place even more practical than the way I do it know.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Trigger animations
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
I remember that item, you had to use the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat to access it. Sorry Leto, but I don't think it's included in the Sims 3 :(. EA removed a lot of the cheat options between the games, probably because you could seriously mess up your files with boolprop if you weren't careful. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there allowing you to generate animations for The Sims 3. I'm not recommending it by any means, but I think the fact that it exists is pretty solid evidence that EA didn't include it in the game. I know it would make you life a bit easier, but I think your videos are fantastic anyway.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:37:55 AM »
I remember that item, you had to use the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat to access it. Sorry Leto, but I don't think it's included in the Sims 3 :(. EA removed a lot of the cheat options between the games, probably because you could seriously mess up your files with boolprop if you weren't careful. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a mod out there allowing you to generate animations for The Sims 3. I'm not recommending it by any means, but I think that it exists is pretty solid evidence that EA didn't include it in the game. I know it would make you life a bit easier, but I think your videos are fantastic anyway.  :)

Haha, thanks Ausette! Yes, you will love the next video. I've checked Youtube and just like my previous vid, nobody has done something like this before. If people will like it on Youtube I have to wait for that until it's release, but I think they do.
All the members here who are playing Medieval will love it anyway. ;)

About the mods, they probably do exist, but to be honnes, I haven't look for such a thing and will not do it at all. You know I'm busy on vid totorials and already for that reason only I won't use mods. I can't give people advice if I do it another way than people are aloud here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »
Leto, there's an object in buydebug, called fog emmiter. It is used to create many visual effects in the game. It's available when Ambitions is installed. The Sims Wiki has a long list of effects it provides. Here's the link in case you are interested. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Leto, there's an object in buydebug, called fog emmiter. It is used to create many visual effects in the game. It's available when Ambitions is installed. The Sims Wiki has a long list of effects it provides. Here's the link in case you are interested. :)

Wow, what a list! :O Thanks, I think I indeed can use it. Months ago I had take a look at it after sawing things about it on YouTube but was to busy with other things to keep my attention.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:48:14 PM »
Wow, what a list! :O Thanks, I think I indeed can use it. Months ago I had take a look at it after sawing things about it on YouTube but was to busy with other things to keep my attention.

You're welcome, Leto. :) I know you're fond of stuff like that. Looking forward to your next creation. I am sure it will be wonderful.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

Wow!  I knew the fog emitter did a lot, but I had no idea how much it actually did!  I wonder if there's a list somewhere that explains what the different groups actually do.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 04:53:49 PM »
It's just an object used by the developers to add certain special effects to the game. It acts just like the FX machine from Late Night, but has more abilities.

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »
It's just an object used by the developers to add certain special effects to the game. It acts just like the FX machine from Late Night, but has more abilities.

And that FX machine is also under BuyDebug?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 03:48:11 AM »
The FX Machine is in the Recreational Tab in Buy Mode, in the Party Sub-menu.

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 04:15:46 AM »
The FX Machine is in the Recreational Tab in Buy Mode, in the Party Sub-menu.

Oh, wait. That thing! I already use that but must have forgotten the name. Thanks.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »
You're welcome.
I find that when fog is eternally activated, in a basement with walls down, it makes a rather mystic feel.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »
I find that when fog is eternally activated, in a basement with walls down, it makes a rather mystic feel.

That's exactly what it was created for. ;)
The main difference between these two similar machines is that (besides that FX is buyable without cheats, but fog emitter needs a cheat) the FX Machine is visible in Live Mode, and Sims treat it as an object, while the fog emitter is invisible in the Live Mode.

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »
That's exactly what it was created for. ;)
The main difference between these two similar machines is that (besides that FX is buyable without cheats, but fog emitter needs a cheat) the FX Machine is visible in Live Mode, and Sims treat it as an object, while the fog emitter is invisible in the Live Mode.

Exactly. And beside that, the Fog Emitter can also trick things like lightning (on the ground) moving insects and explosions. It's a wonderfull object. I've done some experiencing with it today.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
Someone used fog emitters to build a shark tank in a house.  While I can't link directly to this person's website (they have houses that have 3rd party CC in them), I can link to the YouTube video of the tutorial for it, since it doesn't link back to her site, either.

A really nice piece of work.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything