Author Topic: Trigger animations  (Read 11857 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Trigger animations
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Someone used fog emitters to build a shark tank in a house.  While I can't link directly to this person's website (they have houses that have 3rd party CC in them), I can link to the YouTube video of the tutorial for it, since it doesn't link back to her site, either.

A really nice piece of work.

Indeed.

The person who created it is very creative. Thank you for sharing, Hosfac. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
Indeed.

The person who created it is very creative. Thank you for sharing, Hosfac. :)

Aah, SimEve1 from YouTube. Yes, she is very good. I've saw a lot of her work on YouTube and she is a very talented person. Also very patience and helpfull, as she was willing to help me with some things multiple times.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Aah, SimEve1 from YouTube. Yes, she is very good. I've saw a lot of her work on YouTube and she is a very talented person. Also very patience and helpfull, as she was willing to help me with some things multiple times.

Really? Then why she doesn't join our forum? I will be glad to see such a talented person here as a member. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
Really? Then why she doesn't join our forum? I will be glad to see such a talented person here as a member. :)

Me to, but she has her own website. And I've asked her a while back ago.
Well, maybe I can ask her again when my account is more setup.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 06:48:40 AM »
I think it's worth a note that now (with patch 1.22 onwards) we have a new cheat, moviemakercheatsenabled true, which is really awesome, as it can make a Sim do any and all animations in-game. It can be enabled by...

1. Opening the cheat panel => Ctrl+Shift+C
2. Typing "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks.
3. Typing "moviemakercheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks.
4. Voila, Shift+Click on your Sim and a new pie-menu will appear, "Animation...".

:)

Leto85

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »
I think it's worth a note that now (with patch 1.22 onwards) we have a new cheat, moviemakercheatsenabled true, which is really awesome, as it can make a Sim do any and all animations in-game. It can be enabled by...

1. Opening the cheat panel => Ctrl+Shift+C
2. Typing "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks.
3. Typing "moviemakercheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks.
4. Voila, Shift+Click on your Sim and a new pie-menu will appear, "Animation...".

:)

That's just totally awesome! Thank you so much. Have you tried it out yourself already? To enjoy the many possibilities?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 08:32:14 AM »
That's just totally awesome! Thank you so much. Have you tried it out yourself already? To enjoy the many possibilities?

Yep I have! It's totally awesome for movies and screenshots. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »
Thank you, Chronic, that's terrific info to know!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
Thank you, Chronic, that's terrific info to know!

You're welcome CSquared!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
Oh my god...finally!  But it's a little late for poor Leto, and his time traveling epic:  Cavesims.  I still wonder how much of his sanity is left after all of the trial and error he must have had to endure to get the animations he needed.   :D
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »
Oh my god...finally!  But it's a little late for poor Leto, and his time traveling epic:  Cavesims.  I still wonder how much of his sanity is left after all of the trial and error he must have had to endure to get the animations he needed.   :D

Ha! Yeah, it was a lot of waiting and such, resulting in only needing 5 seconds of the total 5 minutes I've record something, for example. Now things are going to work more faster and smoother.
Only thing I am wondering is how does this cheat influences the way sims speaks to each other? I mean, is that included in the animation set also? And does it include sound as well?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Only thing I am wondering is how does this cheat influences the way sims speaks to each other? I mean, is that included in the animation set also? And does it include sound as well?

Erm... I'm afraid your Sim's voice won't be any different than it is usually. :-\

Leto85

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »
Erm... I'm afraid your Sim's voice won't be any different than it is usually. :-\

Oh, so there is a voice. Good, that was all I wanted to know actually.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Oh, so there is a voice. Good, that was all I wanted to know actually.

Yeah, there are trait-associated animations and most of them force the Sim to make a sound. Like the one for Born Salesman trait. :)