Author Topic: Toddler Hygene  (Read 20932 times)

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
Toddler Hygene
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:57 AM »
I know that to replenish a toddlers hygiene bar you change a dirty nappy. My toddler has been potty trained and he has the first bad hygiene moodlet! How do I replenish it? I've clicked the bath, the shower and the sink and there's nothing for my toddler.

Please Help.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Choccolatee

Re: Toddler Hygene
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
I think you just change the toddler's diaper to refill their hygiene bar. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
I think you just change the toddler's diaper to refill their hygiene bar. 

Just like every other sim, a toddler's hygene will drop.  This is the only way to bring it back up.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:29:29 PM »
I know that but what happens when there potty trained? The don't use their nappies after that they use the toddler toilet. I can't play the file (which is my favourite) until I know what to do. Sorry about the wording I'm panicking at the moment.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »
The option to change the diaper is still available after they are potty trained. Its the only way to fill the hygine bar.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »
Yes, all you do is change their diaper. Take an active teen-elder sim and select the toddler as you would if you want to tickle or play with them. There, the option for "Change Diaper" should show up. Also, even if they are potty-trained, sometimes they cannot reach the potty chair in time and will end up using their diaper, which will show up as "Change Dirty Diaper".
Hi!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »
Like I said, a toddler's hygiene will drop throughout the day, just like every other sim.  It doesn't have all that much to do with making it to the potty chair or not, as if they're hygiene gets low enough, it will say "Change Dirty Diaper" even if they don't have an accident.  It's just how things work. 

In real life, when you change a child's diaper there is much more involved than removing the old diaper and putting a new one on...in fact, if you only do that, the child won't be very comfortable or clean.  Thus, it's easy enough to assume that when you change a baby/toddler's diaper in the Sims 3, there is more involved than just slapping a new diaper on them.  You just don't see it all happening.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »
Cool. So basically don't use the potty at all unless required.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »
Have them use the potty whenever it seems prudent to do so.  I always have toddlers use the potty before they get put to bed.  That way they can sleep and get fed shortly after waking up without having to worry about it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »
Cool. So basically don't use the potty at all unless required.

Going potty and hygiene are separate issues once the toddler learns to potty.  If he needs to potty, let him potty.  If his hygiene is down, change his diaper.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 07:29:16 PM »
Toddlers will potty automatically once they're trained. I think it would be realistic to just have their parents bathe them like TS2...toddlers overall are very unrealistic in my opinion.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
Toddlers will potty automatically once they're trained. I think it would be realistic to just have their parents bathe them like TS2...toddlers overall are very unrealistic in my opinion.

More like babies, I might say. Toddler means 3 to 5 year old children in real life, right? They behave either like 6 to 9 years old (the potty part), or 1 to 3 years. Though, it's a game. After all, the Moodlet Manager and other stuff is unrealistic too. No need to compare Sims to real life.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:15 AM »
More like babies, I might say. Toddler means 3 to 5 year old children in real life, right? They behave either like 6 to 9 years old (the potty part), or 1 to 3 years. Though, it's a game. After all, the Moodlet Manager and other stuff is unrealistic too. No need to compare Sims to real life.

The Sims is a life simulation, so there is plenty of reason to compare it to real life.  But since it's a game as well, LTR like the Moodlet Manager and the various abilities to be gained are there to make things a bit easier for more experienced sims.

A toddler is the equivalent of a 1-4 year old.  A child is 5 years old to about 10-11.  And I don't think I've ever heard of a 6-9 year old who was still using a potty chair.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 11:30:32 AM »
The Sims is a life simulation, so there is plenty of reason to compare it to real life.  But since it's a game as well, LTR like the Moodlet Manager and the various abilities to be gained are there to make things a bit easier for more experienced sims.

A toddler is the equivalent of a 1-4 year old.  A child is 5 years old to about 10-11.  And I don't think I've ever heard of a 6-9 year old who was still using a potty chair.

Well, I wasn't able to go to the toilet (or potty, however you call it) myself till 5-5.5 years old. And it's a game, after all, don't take it close to the heart. We all love it, but RL is RL. :) Okay, going off topic now.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 09:01:19 PM »
I didn't have the change diaper option until after she'd relieved herself in the bed during the night.

anything