Author Topic: Gobias Koffi and the Alvi brothers' dad  (Read 9462 times)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
Gobias Koffi and the Alvi brothers' dad
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »
In all of my games, I noticed that even though Gobias Koffi is designed to be a possible homosexual (and will eventually date a male townie through story progression), he's usually ending up in heterosexual relationships (mostly with either Jamie Jolina, Molly French, Madison VanWatson, Emma Hatch, or Pauline Wan), and only had two homosexual relationships (one with Leighton Sekemono, and another with VJ and Miraj's dad) VJ and Miraj's dad (someone wanna tell me his name?) however has had many homosexual relationships with other male townies (mostly Leighton Sekemono and Christopher Steel) and was romantically attracted to Milton Tong, while he was in a relationship with Emma Hatch. Has anyone else had homosexual relationships that didn't involve Gobias Koffi progress in their games?

Milton Tong and Hank Goddered seem to be romantically attracted to each other from time to time as well.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Gobias Koffi and the Alvi brothers' dad
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
His name is Iqbal Alvi.

I'm usually so involved playing my family that I don't really look at the town relationships until generation 2. Although I've seen plenty of homosexual relationships, I can't recall any original townies in homosexual relationships.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
Thanks. I guess everyone is different. Gobias is weird though.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »
There are actually "settings" in the game that help to determine their autonomous gender of romantic preference.  Most sims start out as neutral (having no automatic preference), but several sims that do have a preference.  But all this really means is that these sims are more likely to initiate romantic interactions with sims of that particular gender at the start of the game.  Once the town goes live, story progression takes over, and these preferences can change depending on the romantic interactions they are involved in.

For example:  Gobias Koffi's preference is weighted towards males.  This means that he is more likely to flirt with men.  However, if he develops a high relationship with a female sim and she flirts with him, his preference will take a step back towards neutral.  If he continues to be the subject of romantic interactions from female sims, his preference will eventually change.  Also, just because his preference is males to start off with doesn't mean that he won't flirt with a female sim he has a high relationship with.

In my games, Gobias ends up in a relationship with a male only slightly more often than he does with a female.  But a majority of the time, Gobias lives out his entire life without having any relationship at all (that I am aware of).  Madison Van Watson also seems to have a preference for same sex relationships.  She has been involved with Tori Kimura and Ayesha Ansari, but more often than not she ends up in a relationship with Monika Morris...leading me to believe that Monika may be weighted slightly towards females, too (however, it may be due to nothing more than their BFF relationship at the start).  Also, Jett Atkins in Bridgeport has ended up in a romantic relationship with a male he went to high school with in all 3 games that I've played there.  Moe Pesce and Dude LaMer ended up in a relationship once in Barnacle Bay, but only once.

It's also worth noting that it appears that sims you create can end up with a same gender preference, too.  A sim I created not too long ago constantly got wishes to kiss her female coworkers for the first time (and never got wishes to kiss males), despite the fact that there was an even split between the two genders.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
There are actually "settings" in the game that help to determine their autonomous gender of romantic preference.  Most sims start out as neutral (having no automatic preference), but several sims that do have a preference.  But all this really means is that these sims are more likely to initiate romantic interactions with sims of that particular gender at the start of the game.  Once the town goes live, story progression takes over, and these preferences can change depending on the romantic interactions they are involved in.

For example:  Gobias Koffi's preference is weighted towards males.  This means that he is more likely to flirt with men.  However, if he develops a high relationship with a female sim and she flirts with him, his preference will take a step back towards neutral.  If he continues to be the subject of romantic interactions from female sims, his preference will eventually change.  Also, just because his preference is males to start off with doesn't mean that he won't flirt with a female sim he has a high relationship with.

In my games, Gobias ends up in a relationship with a male only slightly more often than he does with a female.  But a majority of the time, Gobias lives out his entire life without having any relationship at all (that I am aware of).  Madison Van Watson also seems to have a preference for same sex relationships.  She has been involved with Tori Kimura and Ayesha Ansari, but more often than not she ends up in a relationship with Monika Morris...leading me to believe that Monika may be weighted slightly towards females, too (however, it may be due to nothing more than their BFF relationship at the start).  Also, Jett Atkins in Bridgeport has ended up in a romantic relationship with a male he went to high school with in all 3 games that I've played there.  Moe Pesce and Dude LaMer ended up in a relationship once in Barnacle Bay, but only once.

It's also worth noting that it appears that sims you create can end up with a same gender preference, too.  A sim I created not too long ago constantly got wishes to kiss her female coworkers for the first time (and never got wishes to kiss males), despite the fact that there was an even split between the two genders.

My theories have been proven. the Madison in my games has ended up dating Christopher Steel most of the time. A couple of times he had been Christopher VanWatson. Zelda, seems to be the most neutral. She and Jamie were girlfriend/girlfriend a couple of times. Tamera Donnor had had a couple of homosexual relationships with Emma Hatch.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:37:20 AM »
My theories have been proven.

Oh yeah, long since proven...you just might not have known for sure until now lol.  I lurk on game mod forums from time to time, for no other reason than to learn how the internal game mechanics work. 

There is an actual numeric value associated with each gender for every sim.  Accepted interactions increase this number, while rejected interactions decrease it.  If those numbers are at 0 (as most are at the start of the game), that sim simply has no preference yet.  If one number is dramatically higher than the other, that sim will have a preference towards that gender.  If those numbers are somewhat close to each other, that sim will effectively be bisexual.  While I'm not totally sure what affect a negative number has (it doesn't seem to happen often), it's likely that it would decrease the chances of them initiating a romantic interaction, and might even increase the thresholds for mood and relationship in regards to them accepting. 

This number only affects the likelihood of initiating or acceptance romantic interactions, and are only considered on an individual basis.  Sims are, by no means, ruled by it.  A high number does not mean that they will seek out sims of that gender.  It only increases the chances of an autonomous romantic interaction when conversing with a sim of that gender.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline jorose2009

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 03:58:58 AM »
You know the whole Gobias thing is in reference to a tv show called Arrested Development in which it's debated wether the character is gay or straight so in this case the creators decided to give him both homosexual and heterosexual tendencies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.