Author Topic: Ugly Townie: A Genetics Experiment  (Read 50029 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Ugly Townie: A Genetics Experiment
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
They say beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes down to the bone.  But perhaps it's deeper than that.  As anyone who has done legacies (which is probably most of us lol) can attest to, a single poor choice in regards to selecting a spouse can lead to some lasting consequences for the poor, unfortunate generations to come.  And it goes a long way to prove that old saying, almost to the point of it being confirmed as scientific fact.

Everyone knows the forerunners when it comes to genetics.  Christopher Steel is definitely in the lead for the men, and Agnes Crumplebottom is considered to be the top-shelf female (but in my opinion, the fact that she's loaded probably skews the results a bit lol).  But what about the underdogs?  Genetically speaking, they're veritable unknown quantities.  Well, I do want to know.

As a result, I'm launching a project, and I'm hiring qualified applicants from the shallow end of the gene pool!  But since I don't know every sim in every town, I'm going to ask for some help from my esteemed colleagues (that's you, by the way :P ).  There is only one qualification:  applicants must be as ugly as possible.  While I'd prefer that females be mature adult or younger, I would not be opposed to taking a sufficiently hideous elder female back to CAS to age her down a notch (thanks goes to Pam for this, as she is the inventor of this de-aging technology).

I'm looking for 8 couples to start with from across all the towns, and they need not even live in the same town.  One can be saved to the bin and deposited into a town containing another qualified applicant.  These couples will produce 8 demon spawn children of equal gender, who will then be paired up with each other.  This will continue until I have combined all 16 sims into the most tragic individual that could possibly be imagined.  Even vampires qualify, although they will be de-vamped prior to any breeding.

I'll start this process going with a few of my own nominations:

Males:
Arlo Bunch (Sunset Valley)
Walter Grisby (Riverview)
Tay Bayless (Twinbrook)
Harwood Clay (Twinbrook)
Juan Darer (Twinbrook)
Beau Merrick (Bridgeport)

Females:
Vita Alto (Sunset Valley)
Elaine Joy (Riverview)
Jessica Talon (Bridgeport)
Laurel Grisby (Riverview)
Chase Bayless (Twinbrook)
Lucy Ferne (Twinbrook, Homeless)
Dee Liver (Twinbrook, Homeless)

The application process is now open!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Ugly Townie: A Genetics Experiment
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 01:02:24 AM »
The Bayless family from Twinbrook is pretty hideous. Then again, pretty much all of Twinbrook is ugly.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:09:38 AM »
I'd say little brother Tay is worse than Chase for looks. Being a child, his features are a lot softer, but if you grow him up he's got Grisby ears and a rather distinctive nose. I'd also recommend Harwood Clay, the old sculpter. Oh, and are ghosts excempt? There's some fantastic zombies buried around Twinbrook just waiting to be revived.

I agree with Simstar; you should definitely set this experiment in Twinbrook. The quirkiness of the residents is one of the reasons I love the town, but still...

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 01:56:52 AM »
Oh, and are ghosts excempt? There's some fantastic zombies buried around Twinbrook just waiting to be revived.

In my Stop the Presses challenge game, I've noticed that Harwood Clay and Molly Coddle hooked up (???) and they have a baby.  But yeah, now that you mention it, he would definitely be a good candidate.  But one thing I'm starting to notice is that most towns are stacked pretty heavily with ugly men lol.  I'm having trouble finding women who qualify.

I wouldn't write off ghosts, either...if I could manage to actually get the "Oh My Ghost!" opportunity.  But I think I understand it a little more than I used to now.

Slightly off-topic:  While doing my exhaustive internet searches about this, I discovered a thread on a forum devoted to mods where one of the developers talked about it.  He had mentioned that it has some unusual requirements.  Since he writes mods, it was a clear indicator that he's seen the game code, so I asked him what they were.

Apparently, you have to have a "long term relationship" with a deceased person who's remains are still available in the game (friends, half way or higher).  But, the opportunity is categorized as a skill opportunity for generation, even though it's a special opportunity.  Thus, if your skill slot is full, you won't get it even if your special opportunity slot is open.

I have yet to be able to test this, but there are several games where these conditions are close to being met.  So, just to be on the safe side, I may have to swipe some tombstones, put them in a chest on a 10x10 public lot, and save it to my bin.  That way I can put them in any game where that opportunity comes up.

Isn't the Tragic Clown buried in Twinbrook?  :P

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:22:12 AM »
Oh, I definitely think you should include Juan Darer (lives alone in Twinbrook). I chose him for my Barnacle Bay project cause of his interesting (awful) looks. He is elder though, so you may want to age him down so he doesn't die too soon. For women, I would maybe suggest Laurel Grisby? I chose the Grisby family for their faces. Or what about Elaine Joy? I found her face to be quite difficult to do a good makeover on (though I was hampered by the need to make her look like a country farmer).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 02:25:42 AM »
Vita Alto in Sunset Valley is not about to win any beauty contests anytime soon.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
Tragic Clown is buried in Sunset Valley.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 02:45:01 AM »
Beau Merrick (Bridgeport vampire) has very strong features. He's not exacly pretty.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
For women, I would maybe suggest Laurel Grisby? I chose the Grisby family for their faces. Or what about Elaine Joy?

Actually, despite that nose, Laurel cleans up real nice with a little makeup and a new hairstyle.  However, I'm running out of female options, so...:P

Elaine Joy, while not hideously ugly like Arlo Bunch, is just manly enough for a woman to qualify lol.

As far as Barnacle Bay goes, I think I've found a winner.  Victoria Inkbeard looks a little rough, even for an elder.  But I'll have to do a bit of age regression on her to know for sure.  The problem with Barnacle Bay is that I most of the people living there that I remember are exceptionally attractive...and even the ones that aren't are average looking at the very least.  However, I don't remember everyone, and the Sims Wiki is seriously lacking in pictures of them.

I don't remember anyone being really ugly in Bridgeport, either.  But Elvira Slayer's angular face is close.  I need to see what she looks like unvamped.

Vita Alto in Sunset Valley is not about to win any beauty contests anytime soon.

Wow, how could I forget about Vita?

Tragic Clown is buried in Sunset Valley.

Thanks Pam.  I don't need him for this experiment, but I always thought he deserved another chance at life.  :P

Choccolatee

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:37 AM »
Also, how about using the other Bunch kids?

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
Would you consider Claire Ursine or Emma Hatch?  I know they both clean up nicely, so maybe they are too pretty for this 'experiment'.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
In my Dynasty, I've discovered little Zo Wheloff has a nasty profile that takes at least 3 generations to breed out! I recommend checking her out for this experiment.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »
Would you consider Claire Ursine or Emma Hatch?  I know they both clean up nicely, so maybe they are too pretty for this 'experiment'.

After a session on the treadmill and a makeover, I think Emma Hatch is utterly gorgeous.  Claire Ursine on the other hand, has that weirdly shaped chin that kinda bugs me...but I don't think she's overly unattractive.

It's looking like Twinbrook is going to be a goldmine lol.  But I'm going to get into Bridgeport and see what it has to offer.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »
I personally thought most of the men in Barnacle Bay were quite unattractive, (to be kind about it).  Ok, no Arlo Bunches in the lot but the noses!  OMG they all have hideous noses!  The women, on the other hand, were quite attractive and even the homely ones clean up pretty nicely.

mmmm, what's the name of the dude in the Penny Pincher family in Twinbrook?  He was no beauty contest winner.  Might clean up nice though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
I'm definitely going to be watching this one. The only names I can think of is Vita and Arlo but they've already been mentioned. I can't wait to see if the non-pretty ones can have cute babies!