Author Topic: Ugly Townie: A Genetics Experiment  (Read 50024 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Ugly Townie: A Genetics Experiment
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2012, 12:07:28 AM »
@Castaras:

Are you doing this the same way Hosfac originally planned on the first page?  Also, would you mind linking to the full size images instead of the thumbnails?  Thanks.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:55 AM »
@Castaras:

Are you doing this the same way Hosfac originally planned on the first page?  Also, would you mind linking to the full size images instead of the thumbnails?  Thanks.

Pam: Yes, I will be. Not sure which towns I'll use right now. The children up above were me testing the waters to see how ugly some of them could be.

I'll get on to sorting out large images instead of thumbnails - photobucket was being uncooperative last night about resizing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:54 AM »
Pam: Yes, I will be. Not sure which towns I'll use right now. The children up above were me testing the waters to see how ugly some of them could be.

I'll get on to sorting out large images instead of thumbnails - photobucket was being uncooperative last night about resizing.

Ok, thanks.  Are you playing these Sims and making them have children, or is it all done in CAS?  It sounded like the latter to me.

Did you know that we have a Gallery for hosting Sims 3 images that are used on the Forum?  Just take a look at this thread for information and instructions.  Besides being very convenient, it will also automatically re-size your images to the preferred size for the Forum.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:45 AM »
Elaine's daughter with Tay sorta looks like a man! Can we add Darlene Bunch? She is pretty ugly as a teen.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
Well, since the OP is online, I think he should edit his post to add these Sims to the list of breeding for an ugly Sim:

-Kim Marshall
-Chaterall Riffon
-Jenny Howlet (Science Geek)
-Imogen Pelly

They're all from Appaloosa Planes.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2012, 05:43:54 AM »
Did you know that we have a Gallery for hosting Sims 3 images that are used on the Forum?  Just take a look at this thread for information and instructions.  Besides being very convenient, it will also automatically re-size your images to the preferred size for the Forum.

Ooo, had forgotten about that. Think I might have an account on it... I'll look into it.

Right, plans for the ugly townies.

I'm going to set all these townies to young adult, and pair them up to create the next generation. I'll play through with the families on Short lifespan (still gives a chance to see the kids through all their ages, but isn't so slow that it takes forever to do every single family). I'll probably have 1 couple a household, and see if I can get 6 kids in total, so we can see a nice range of how the little kidlets look. Then once I have 8 families with kidlets, we can choose which ones we want to see the kids of.

List of Townies will be below - I'm only going to include one family member from a household (so only one Bunch - Yes, I'm looking at you Arlo), because otherwise we'd end up with weird creepy things of Judy Bunch being grandmother and greatgrandmother of a kid, etc. I'm also going to try picking townies from different neighbourhoods, rather than getting them all from Twinbrook.

Not sure how I'm going to decide which original townies are going to pair up with which. I was considering splitting them randomly into two households of 4girls 4 guys, and then using freewill to see which characters end up friends quickest, but that might be a little unwieldy - thoughts?

Current list of ugly sims:
Girls:
Kim Marshall (Appaloosa Plains)
Chaterall Riffon (Appaloosa Plains)
Jenny Howlet (Appaloosa Plains)
Imogen Pelly (Appaloosa Plains)
Vita Alto (Sunset Valley)
Hetty Lionheart (Appaloosa Plains)
Jessica Talon (Bridgeport)
Lucy Ferne (Twinbrook)

Guys:
Arlo Bunch (Sunset Valley)
Walter Grisby (Riverview)
Tay Bayless (Twinbrook)
Harwood Clay (Twinbrook)
Juan Darer (Twinbrook)
Beau Merrick (Bridgeport)
Girbits Worthington (Starlight Shores)

So ideally I'd get rid of a few of the Appaloosa Plains sims, and along with that find one more male sim. Going on holiday tomorrow so when I'm not hiking I'll have a chance to start all this off and hopefully have some semblance of starting the games when I return.  :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
Since you're lacking a male sim, try Buck Green of Twinbrook. He's a special kind of ugly!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
Real life's decided to throw me a loop, joy of joys. Had a run with Lionheart and Clay, but didn't get far enough to get any kidlets. Not sure when I'm going to be able to do this, so I'll just step back for now... sorry.  :-[

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2012, 01:50:37 AM »
I've seen his name come up a couple times, but what town is Christopher Steel in?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:51 AM »
Sunset Valley. :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
I shall seriously have to try playing with townie genetics, and borrowing him for at least one of the nooboos xD

anything