Author Topic: I might have discovered a quick way to get from friend to romantic interest  (Read 5597 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Have your Sim invite their friend over to the house. Sit on couch invite friend to cuddle on couch. Click on the kiss option and voila romantic interest.
You still have to work on the romantic socials if you want them to be boyfriend/girlfriend or engaged. But if you just want them to reproduce this is the quickest way I have found of doing this.

I am going to do some experimentation to see if this works on mere acquaintances or if they have to be friends first.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
Thanks for the tip, Rachel.

In my Wishmaster challenge last year, my Inappropriate Sim met someone new and, immediately after introducing himself, he rolled the wish to kiss her. Given the nature of the challenge I though what the hey, go for it! So I cued him up for "Kiss" and she accepted! Instant Romantic Interest! With this action he, and I, found out that she was also Inappropriate and Hopeless Romantic/Flirty (I can't remember which). So that's something else people can try.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
With this action he, and I, found out that she was also Inappropriate and Hopeless Romantic/Flirty (I can't remember which). So that's something else people can try.

Lol, what are the odds of that!  And it was probably Hopeless Romantic.  They tend to be receptive to the first kiss a lot sooner than most...plus they get non-specific wishes to have a first kiss.  It doesn't really matter who it is, so long as he/she can kiss them lol.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
I was once playing a pre-made character in Riverview, just mucking about (Lorraine Catina I believe). Anyhow, sent her to one of the parks and there was a male sim there that she didn't know. Before they even introduced each other they both walked up to each other and started kissing, just like that! No hellos, no hesitation, nothing. It was like watching one of those romantic movies were the hero and herroine just run into each others arms.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Lol nice discovery, thanks! I really have nothing to add except that there are some key interactions that open up new ones. For example, Sim A flirts with Sim B, it opens the option 'Amorous Hug', then they hug, after that the option to 'Give Massage', and only then 'Kiss'. I think I'm missing something, so feel free to add. :) Thanks again for the helpful tip.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
Hmmm ... I used to try that when I was a teenager.  All I usually got was a slap!  ;D

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Believe me all that was missing from that scene was the romantic/dramatic music in the background. Plus they wouldn't let go of each other once the first kiss was over. I was like, guys, go get a room!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

stephalina

Ha ha, that's certainly better than really pouring on the charm with 8-10 romantic socials queued up and STILL getting rejected for a first kiss. Bebe Hart and my perfectly crafted Male Sim just weren't meant to be I guess. Her loss!  :)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Lol nice discovery, thanks! I really have nothing to add except that there are some key interactions that open up new ones. For example, Sim A flirts with Sim B, it opens the option 'Amorous Hug', then they hug, after that the option to 'Give Massage', and only then 'Kiss'. I think I'm missing something, so feel free to add. :) Thanks again for the helpful tip.

What actually opens up those paths is the description of what the other sim is thinking.  When you first start being romantic, the other sim thinks you're flirty.  Your options are somewhat limited at this point, so you have to keep flirting until the other sim thinks your sim is "very alluring."  When that happens, it opens up several new paths (including "confess attraction" and "first kiss" which will upgrade your relationship to Romantic Interest).  After that, if you keep the ball rolling the other sim will find your sim "Totally Irresistable," and that is the keys to the kingdom.  That opens up pretty much all of the romantic interactions, although depending on their traits and their long term relationship (the green bar), this does not guarantee success.

However, if the sims in question are already romantic interests, they can kiss at pretty much any time.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
When they kiss on the couch they go from Sim X thinks Sims Y is O.K to romantic interest with out having to go through all the other romantic socials.
I would like to add that this is before they have had their first kiss.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
I've done this recently with an Inappropriate sim who had the Master of Seduction LTR lol.   ;)

Offline xakzen

• Llama Wrangler
I unexpectedly found an inappropriate girlfriend in bed with the boyfriend's brother. Curious, I wake up the brother and relaxed him in the bed. When he clicked on her he instantly had the WooHoo option! More curious (it killed the cat, why not me?) I kicked it and she accepted (after being woke up with that in the queue). In the morning it was chaos [edited - saltypaws] in the house and everyone in the family hated the brother including the inappropriate girlfriend.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Hi Xakzen, welcome to the forum. Your scenario is hilarious! I would have loved to see it!

My sim had a in her que to cuddle on couch with a friend's daughter (I didn't see it at the time as cuddle, I thought it was be asked for autograph), so I deleted it when I saw it was cuddle; but, she was publically disgraced anyways for being a cheater. She never even sat on the couch.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
...and everyone in the family hated the brother including the inappropriate girlfriend.

Yeah, I guess she felt like he had taken advantage of her inappropriateness.  :P

Offline xakzen

• Llama Wrangler
Oh and of course the inappropriate GF did remain a Romantic Interest, but with such a low relationship nothing could come of it without fixing that which would have been a lot of work since she so hated him that most interactions resulted in double negs.

This brings up a point I've been also curious about with my married couples. When their relationships get rocky, it sometimes gets hard to get them to TRY. I found this especially early on in my Baby Boomer challenge before I could afford all the nice stuff to keep them happily slaving away for the babies. My question is:

Is there a higher probability that a sim will be receptive to the WooHoo/TRY advance if they are asleep and abruptly woken up?

It seems to me that they are although it does seem to have a negative on their relationship since I see the red neg arrows whenever this happens, but can be a useful tactic for getting a quick baby in the queue knowing that it will have to be fixed later.