Author Topic: Astrological/Zodiac Signs - Patterns by Gheez  (Read 12070 times)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Astrological/Zodiac Signs - Patterns by Gheez
« on: March 15, 2011, 06:23:11 PM »

These patterns are all classed as Themed.  The clipart used is royalty-free.

Patterns Containing All Zodiac Signs

Iconic Symbol Zodiac patterns
  • Sagittarius
  • Pisces
  • Taurus
  • Aquarius

Iconic Picture Zodiac patterns
  • Libra
  • Leo

Pictorial Zodiac patterns
  • Aries
  • Virgo

Symbolic Astrological patterns
  • Capricorn
  • Cancer

Iconic Zodiac Patterns
  • Gemini
  • Scorpio

I haven't shared all twelve Zodiac signs* in all the various patterns so feel free to request a particular sign in a particular pattern.

*I have no plans to add the 'new' 13th Zodiac sign, Ophiuchus.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
Re: Astrological/Zodiac Signs - Patterns by Gheez
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »

These patterns contain all the twelve original zodiac signs.

Horizontal Zodiac

Pattern with two layers.  Background is fully recolourable.  The shades of the 'iconic' zodiac signs may be altered.

Pictorial Zodiac

Pattern with two layers.  Background is fully recolourable.  The shades of the 'pictorial' zodiac signs may be altered but the results may not be totally as anticipated.

Astrological Signs

Pattern with two layers, a background layer and a layer containing the 'symbols'.  Both layers may be full recoloured.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
Thanks Gheez - these look great!

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
Great patterns Gheez!

And I love your model, he looks so...jolly!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
Iconic Symbol Patterns

Sagittarius

Pattern made in three layers.  Background and Zodiac symbol are both fully recolourable; to a lesser extent, the layer contain the Zodiac icons may also be recoloured.

Pisces

Pattern made in three layers.  Background and Zodiac symbol are both fully recolourable; to a lesser extent, the layer contain the Zodiac icons may also be recoloured.

Taurus

Aquarius

Thanks Joh and Alexandria_.  The model is Murray Christmas, I'm so pleased that you think he looks jolly, I was hoping that he did as he was my version of Santa Claus  ;D.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:47 PM »

Iconic Picture Patterns

Libra The Scales

This pattern was made with three layers.  Although all layers may be recoloured, only the background layer is fully recolourable.

Leo The Lion

This pattern was made with three layers.  Although all layers may be recoloured, only the background layer is fully recolourable.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »

Pictorial Zodiac Patterns

Rammish Aries

Pattern created in three layers.  Background and Zodiac symbol fully recolourable. The Zodiac picture can be recoloured, though results may vary.

Virginal Virgo

Pattern created in three layers.  Background and Zodiac symbol fully recolourable. The Zodiac picture can be recoloured, though results may vary.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »

Symbolic Astrological Patterns

Symbolic Capricorn

Pattern created with two layers, both layers are fully recolourable.

Symbolic Cancer

Pattern created with two layers, both layers are fully recolourable.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 08:37:41 PM »

Iconic Zodiac Patterns

Gemini Zodiac Sign

Pattern created with two layers.  Background is fully recolourable.  Zodiac icon can be recoloured but the effect may vary.

Scorpio Zodiac Sign

Pattern created with two layers.  Background is fully recolourable.  Zodiac icon can be recoloured but the effect may vary.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Sweet! I don't usually download patterns, but I'm so snagging the Astrological Signs. Written Simlish contains a lot of zodiac sybols you know.  :P

Offline Joh

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 07:27:07 PM »
Murray Christmas?  I think your talents extend far past eyecrossing.  You're patterns are amazing, and I love your sense of humour.  You officially slay me, I love it.  (I use to be an elf!) 

You really should let Murray into the swap shop for next Christmas!

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
@Gheez

Excellent patterns!  I'm messing with CAP myself.  How in the world are you getting a fully recolourable backgrounds?  I've been messing for hours with the square, but even coloring it and the real background layer white turn it pink in game play!  LOL.  So I made myself a white 256x256 square jpg in photoshop & imported that and now I can make white to dark grey.  Color me unamused.  But I am determined!  Any advise for a noob to CAP?

Thanks in advance!

*hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
Any advise for a noob to CAP?

Have you had a chance to check out the tutorial for CAP on the guide?
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
Yup, was all over that.  Obviously though, there's a way that's been discovered to get the pattern "background" to be adjustable in color.  Not the background itself, of course, but a solid shape on the first layer.  However, even doing that it comes out pink despite being white in CAP and in my install screen.  I get in the game, go into change, say a fabric, and it's a pink background.  The color IS adjustable to a degree, but it's not the correct color (turns kinda orangey when I'm on as red as red can be for example), and it's definitely not white despite having a hex value of 'ffffff'.  More of a horrid littler girl barbie princess plastic pink.

I imported a white square as a new sticker, used that as the base layer above the background, and it was white, but would only change along a grey scale.

Looking again at the tutorial to be sure, and this issue isn't addressed there.  It's a great tutorial, but there are CAP users here making a solid first layer color changeable, and I'd love to know the trick.

Thanks and *hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
I agree that the tutorial on the Guide was really useful.  I also found a conversation between Ausette and Jancy very helpful (on the second page of this thread).

So, like you ladydragon, I created a white square and added it as a sticker.  I add the white square to the bottom layer.  Resize it to 256 x 256. Place it at X128 Y128.  Then click the button (the one next to the one that looks like a rubber or eraser at the bottom of Layers) to change the square to a stencil.  Then change to colour to something else as, clicking the stencil, normally turns my white square to a vivid blue.  Add the other patterns as further layers, save, export, etc.  This then works, in game, like a recolourable background.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing what you create - if you share...hope you share  :)

anything