Author Topic: Fire your boss (I mean ingame, not Carl)  (Read 17382 times)

Leto85

Fire your boss (I mean ingame, not Carl)
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
If you officially have bought out the building your sim is working in, you have the ability to fire people, right from a list. What will happen if you decide to fire your boss? Will you go up in rank or will the game create a new one?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Fire your boss (I mean ingame, not on this forum)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
I think you'll just get a new one. Remember, you can't fire the last worker of any building, so I suppose that one last will be your boss. I'll have to check that, though.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »
If you officially have bought out the building your sim is working in, you have the ability to fire people, right from a list. What will happen if you decide to fire your boss? Will you go up in rank or will the game create a new one?

I've never done this, but the game keeps coming up with new bosses if one dies or retires, so I think it would just give you a new one.  In my Clan Douglas Dynasty, one of the clan had been working at the Diner for many generations and the game kept giving her new bosses, all of whom were at a lower career level than she was.  It seems odd, but apparently the player-controlled sims never get to be boss.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »
My sim once had to fire her boss, as she was enemies with her. It took a week or so, but she was replaced. :)
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:59 PM »
My sim once had to fire her boss, as she was enemies with her. It took a week or so, but she was replaced. :)

It took a week? Wow, that's pretty long I think. What happens in between, working without a boss?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
Technically, you have a boss even if you fire him/her. (S)he's just not appearing in person. :-) I wonder if you can use the boss-related work options even if your boss is absent.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

Re: Fire your boss (I mean ingame, not Carl)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
I wonder if you can use the boss-related work options even if your boss is absent.

That's a good question. It's so good, I don't have an answer. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 06:28:45 PM »
Talking of Boss, then I wish to tell ye something. Most of you people may have noticed that your boss is on even lesser post than you, don't you?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »
It seems odd, but apparently the player-controlled sims never get to be boss.

Actually, the founder of my immortal dynasty just reached the top of the thief branch of the criminal career.  She no longer has a boss.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »
Yes. I agree with Hosfac, there are some careers which (logically) make your sim the boss at level 10. Other careers may not have this option. Certain upcoming challenge will be a good way to test this. ;-)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »
Well, I don't know for sure that she's actually the boss.  It just seems like it. 

Right after she hit level 10, her boss was no longer employed.  And she didn't retire because she's a still a mature adult (which in and of itself seems weird, because my founder is an elder lol).  It's been nearly a week, and there's been no change.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
Talking of Boss, then I wish to tell ye something. Most of you people may have noticed that your boss is on even lesser post than you, don't you?

Haha, you're mentioning Carl, don't you? ;)
All I can say is that he's a busy bee, having more websites to look after and probably forums to manage. I have known one other website, but have forgotten the name. It's about another game, that's for sure.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »
I have known one other website, but have forgotten the name. It's about another game, that's for sure.

Diablo, maybe?
Formerly Simstar3

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »
Diablo, maybe?

Could be. What made you think it is that game?

Priyansh

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »
One thing you can do is to purchase the building and fire anyone who you wish to, with an exception for the last person.

Haha, you're mentioning Carl, don't you? ;)
All I can say is that he's a busy bee, having more websites to look after and probably forums to manage. I have known one other website, but have forgotten the name. It's about another game, that's for sure.

Well the 'post' here means 'rank'. I said that because my sim is astronaut and his boss is the latrine-cleaner. :o

Hee hee, what I said can mean for Emperor General Lord Carl, too! ;)

Disclaimer: Anyone whom I called Emperor General Lord, I mean there that he is above gods and goddesses. It is a very high word for respect. :)

anything