Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3  (Read 9439 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Patch 1.8/2.3
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »
Woo, the new patch is out. We've got some nice fixes here, I'll highlight a few that have come up in posts:

*Food spoiling - fixed
*Collecting deeds - fixed
*Photography and Martial Arts skill journals now show what their challenges do

I'm also happy to see some stability improvements for people who play the game for long periods of time. There are two listed which both affect long-term players. We'll see how that works out..

Also we won't be asked to make nectar with things Sims can't use.

Photography gets even better as one of its challenges (Photog) has been fixed. Turns out we were supposed to make even more money with it.

Relics also sort better, which is nice. But why can't I just get an auto-sort feature to arrange my items by type? I also admire the concept that you now are more likely to find the pieces you're missing from collections. It sort of makes sense, if I already have one part, why would I find that one again? Sure, we'll still get duplicates but this is helpful anyway.

EDIT: Right on, I gave my fortune cookie maker the upgrade and it didn't wreck my handiness skill journal :P

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:22:46 PM »
Great news, Carl! Thanks for the heads up. I'm off to patch up....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 03:28:27 PM »
I think I'll wait a little bit to see if this thing actually works...

Also we won't be asked to make nectar with things Sims can't use.

What, no more steak nectar?!? :'( :D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
I downloaded the patch, but haven't been in my game yet...I'm off to go see what happens!  :P

Oh they also have CAW available now:
http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

for those brave enough to try it!  I think I'll wait on that to see how the patch is working.  :-\

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 10:00:34 PM »
Although we've already had one member with a problem, it's been a good experience for me so far. Especially the stability increase over long periods of play. My cpu hasn't buckled like it usually does. It's a bit jittery when rotating the camera as usual, but it's staying at that same acceptable level through hours of play testing. It's really helpful when fast forwarding.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:36:26 AM »
I'm doing ok with it, too.  It's nice to have the refrigerators working again!!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

yigsstarhouse

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »
Hmmm. I did the install and it only took me to the 1.8 and it says I'm up to date. Would be nice to have a deed fix! Haven't had problems with fridge, thankfully.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:28:28 AM »
@yigsstarhouse, 1.8 is the patch number for the vanilla game, 2.3 is the number for the same patch if WA is installed.

Still undecided about this one, some of the problems on the official site are pretty severe like game not loading and some minor like all custom content (from store & exchange) disappearing  ???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
0 problems (knocks on wood) so far with 2.3.

yigsstarhouse

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
Thank you Helen, and btw, you folks can call me Yig! It's a lot easier... Well, patch didn't fix the deeds then! Sigh....

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 06:24:36 PM »
btw, you folks can call me Yig! Its a lot easier... Well patch didnt fix the deeds then! Sigh....

I guess the patch is probably not retroactive for bugged deeds? I guess I'm saying it's possible only Sims in new games can collect and enjoy the bugfix. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely glad we can, Yig. I can add you to igzig, Metro, PJ and wildred. Your abbreviation takes the cake for characters saved.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
Definitely glad we can, Yig. I can add you to igzig, Metro, PJ and wildred. Your abbreviation takes the cake for characters saved.

Ha. Yeah, really. My forum name dates backs probably 6 or 7 years when I was playing Sim City 4. At the time I loved creating enormous "Metropolis" like cities in SC4, so that's how I came up with the name. I've just used the same name for all game forums I've ever registered at. Almost no one uses their real name as a forum name, so to be honest, I was surprised when you and Pam just used your real names. Anyway, 99% of people call me Metro. And that's how I refer to myself in rulesets, etc. But, Metropolis Man, Tom, Hey You, whatever works, right?  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 02:18:14 AM »
I'm not good at making up names for myself and I didn't have anything immediately came to mind, so I'm just me.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
I'm not good at making up names for myself and I didn't have anything immediately came to mind, so I'm just me.  :)

Ditto, I'm usually under some variation of my own name although I've occasionally used 'Kyana' (if nobody beats me to it)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
EDIT: Right on, I gave my fortune cookie maker the upgrade and it didn't wreck my handiness skill journal :P

Yay!

I don't have any CC's and have had no problems with this patch so far.

When I use "testingcheatsenabled true" and shift-click my Sims I now get the option to change their favorite music. This works for NPC's as well.
I love this because I use the stereos a lot, it's a nice and easy mood boost. Now there won't be anymore changing of radio stations to kids music! I can just make everyone like what I like. ;D

I also seem to be able to delete Sims this way (and other objects) but I haven't tried it because I don't want them deleted.