Author Topic: Reaper's Rewards event  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Reaper's Rewards event
« on: September 25, 2024, 01:34:50 AM »
Has there been any leaks or announcements about what goals will be in the coming weeks' segments of this event?  I'm just wondering what I'll really need to plant or keep around for the duration.  My sim is a spellcaster and already has death flowers, she found them at the vendor at Magic HQ.

You'll want to put a roof over your garden, unless you don't have Seasons.  This way, you won't have to worry about anything being in season.  The needed plants to get a death flower have all different seasons, so it would be very difficult or at least take forever if you were growing stuff outdoors.  Roofs cost nothing, you can place a room out in your yard, give it a roof-- which can be much bigger than the room-- and demolish the room out from under it.  You'll still have a levitating roof.  You can put in some columns so it doesn't look weird, but the columns don't actually need to be there.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Rewards event
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 12:14:33 PM »
Thanks Brian for the reminder!

I wanted to add the faq page link for the event.

Reaper’s Rewards Event
https://www.ea.com/en/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/reapers-rewards-faq

I don't know much about it, but am hoping the faq page will help. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 12:57:27 PM »
I've heard people are having a lot of bugs, there's a workaround if it happens to you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Reaper-s-Rewards-GUI-not-showing-tasks/td-p/14084056
I didn't have any problems, I heard it seemed to happen after entering CAS, and I didn't do that.  After reading the workaround, I've moved the accountDataDB file to my desktop.  Hopefully this means I won't have an issue at all.

Anyway.  I also fished until I caught an angelfish, put a pond on my lot, and stocked it with angelfish only.  Now if there's a task to catch one later, it will take no time at all.  My sim also has a sheltered garden with snapdragon, lily, orchid, apple, cherry, pomegranate, and death flower-- all in case upcoming tasks are to harvest or graft specific things.

Also you'll need to work on aspirations or wants until you have 1,500 Satisfaction available, because the final ingredient will be a Potion of Youth.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2024, 03:58:47 AM »
As for me I maxed cooking, gourmet cooking, fishing and gardening. I have angelfish stocked in my pond and on my inventory, Death flowers planted in a greenhouse and in my inventory, and points for the portion of youth ready and one in my inventory. My sim is fully ready to make ambrosia.  I also maxed my paranormal skill, maxed my friendship with the grim reaper and maxed both my charisma and my Mischief just in case. I hope I am ready and yes this is a new save for thus challenging.

I went a bit nuts didn't I? I wonder how many people I will need to ask about the dish over this though. Yes I get it. Fishing, gardening and the cooking skills are needed to make it. My sim already has made ambrosia just for fun.

Maybe I should max bartending just to be sure as there is a drink Grim loves just to be sure. What do you guys think? I already have the ingredients for it in the greenhouse. While I am messing with Grim maybe do the grilled cheese thing while I am at it?

Yes, I am nuts but having fun.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2024, 07:44:26 AM »
Thanks for moving my post to which ever mod moved it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2024, 03:21:56 PM »
Yeah I have a save where I had already gotten all the "same thing I do with every new save" things out of the way, ready for the Life and Death pack.  So that's the save that I'm using for this event.

Morticia Goth is patiently waiting for this week's installment to open tomorrow:
TS4_DX9_x64 2024-09-30 15-13-53.jpg

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2024, 06:35:07 PM »
Well week two changes was easy as long as cooking was level 4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2024, 01:06:33 AM »
Yes, took no time at all.  They told you to plant apple and cherry last week... then this week it's a task.  Since they didn't specify what you had to graft, Morticia grafted a money tree cutting to her sheltered cherry tree.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2024, 05:50:54 AM »
I grafted one to a random covered tree as well. Only issue I had was ot was winter on my game making me travel to fish. Easer then last week but the rewards weren't as useful.

anything