Author Topic: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global
« on: August 26, 2024, 06:41:41 AM »
The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The team is offering up another two-part challenge for September. In Part 1, you took the role of an aspiring music manager, nurturing your aspiring musicians through childhood & adolescence while juggling the Business career. Now, in Part 2, your two wonder kids grow up and become Young Adults, embark on a 14-day world tour, and write & license songs while you promote them by joining the Social Media career and gaining followers.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • If you are continuing your The Hits Keep Coming - Part I file, take note of your starting Day & Time. You will be playing 14 Sim Days. You must also record your Household Funds.
  • No moving. No household additions. No one may leave the household. If a household member dies, stop your file and post your score as DNF.
  • Before doing anything else, your Manager must quit his/her job in the Business Career and join the Social Media Career.
  • The only increase in Household Funds can be from the Manager's Social Media salary, the Musician's Tips, and the Musician's Royalties. Your Helper Sim CANNOT earn any Simoleans.
  • You must “Play for Tips” in different Worlds. You may not repeat a World until all non-vacation Worlds in your game have been used.
  • Pause your file at the end of 14 Sim Days.

----

• If you are not continuing your The Hits Keep Coming - Part I file, create 4 Young Adult Sims — 2 any life state as the Manager and utility/helper, 2 any life state as the Musicians.
  • Move your Sims to any lot. Pause your game and record your Household Funds.
  • No moving. No household additions. No one may leave the household. If a household member dies, stop your file and post your score as DNF.
  • Your Manager must immediately join the Social Media Career.
  • The only increase in Household Funds can be from the Manager's job, the Musician's Tips, and the Musician's Royalties. Your Helper Sim CANNOT earn any Simoleans.
  • You must “Play for Tips” in different Worlds. You may not repeat a World until all non-vacation Worlds in your game have been used.
  • Pause your file at Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Scoring: You need to accomplish three things in this challenge. 1) Your manager Sim must gain as many followers as possible; 2) Your two Musician Sims must earn Tips and Royalties in different Worlds; 3) Your two Musician Sims must License Songs. Once 14 Sim days have passed, pause your game.
Take your ending Household Funds and subtract your beginning Household Funds.
Notate your Manager's Social Media Followers and divide by 1,000.
Your Licensed Songs Multiplier (LSM): Start with 1.0 and add 0.5 for each Licensed Song.

Example: Your beginning Household Funds are §2,000. Your ending Household Funds are §5,000. Your Manager has 1,050,000 Social Media Followers. Your two Musician Sims Licensed a total of 5 Songs.
Household Funds: §5,000 - §2,000 = §3,000
Social Media Followers: 1,050,000 / 1,000 = 1,050
LSM: 1.0 + (0.5 x 5) = 1.0 + 2.5 = 3.5

Total: (§3,000 + 1,050) x 3.5 = 4,050 x 3.5 = 14,175

With all of the math involved, please use the spreadsheet. When posting your score, include your Household Funds (beginning & ending), Social Media Followers, and Licensed Songs.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            (Household Funds +Followers)     X Licensed Songs     = Total     
Rebelangel75078572661106477390
kinseyam7739760.711852035
sone6852532.29510.5719852
Eighty8Keys55438218429695525
Elinoee20407730303280311
Metropolis Man43217113824.5245696
junegem4748435237435
SueDenim119634004.74.571851
Deklitch1175.58811176

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global <<Challenge Starts Soon!>>
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 04:11:11 AM »
So if one of my sims dies in a cooking fire in part 1, I can start with four new sims in part 2 and hopefully they'll get through the next 14 days?

Sorry, I need to correct the above. I see two mistakes in my question, I've corrected it below

So ifwhen one of my sims dies in a cooking fire in part 1, I can start with four new sims in part 2 and hopefully they'll get throughwatch in fits of giggles as at least one of them dies in a cooking fire during the next 14 days?

There, that's more realistic! an idea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D ;D :) ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2024, 04:32:02 AM »
So if one of my sims dies in a cooking fire in part 1, I can start with four new sims in part 2 and hopefully they'll get through the next 14 days?

Sorry, I need to correct the above. I see two mistakes in my question, I've corrected it below

So ifwhen one of my sims dies in a cooking fire in part 1, I can start with four new sims in part 2 and hopefully they'll get throughwatch in fits of giggles as at least one of them dies in a cooking fire during the next 14 days?

There, that's more realistic! an idea:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D ;D :) ::)

Oh Dek - you crack me up  ;D ;D ;D
Yes, you can start Part 2 with a fresh file.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024, 09:10:47 PM »
Oh ... so the musicians can't join the entertainment career/music branch of it. Almost missed that part ... Was about to put them both in it, when my brain went warning, check before you do, so you don't disqualify yourself from the get go. :D

Yeah, its the 9th here, so I thought I'd at least try to start early and then forget about it until the Friday before it needs to be submitted and panic and set the low score mark early so that lots decide to participate.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 01:26:26 AM »
How long do they have to play in a world before it counts? Can they drop in, play for 5 mins, move on? And she's it have to be both musicians?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global <<Live Event -- Jump In!>>
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 05:29:19 AM »
How long do they have to play in a world before it counts? Can they drop in, play for 5 mins, move on? And she's it have to be both musicians?

There is no time requirement per world, so it's up to you. Both musicians need to "play for tips" to earn some money.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2024, 07:20:29 AM »
Do the Magic Realm and/or Sixam count as non-vacation worlds?

And if not, can we play in either of those places anyway? Aliens and Spellcasters deserve to jam to the latest and greatest hits as much as normal sims, merfolk, vampires, werewoles etc do :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2024, 09:09:29 AM »

And if not, can we play in either of those places anyway? Aliens and Spellcasters deserve to jam to the latest and greatest hits as much as normal sims, merfolk, vampires, werewoles etc do :)

Lol. Indeed, they do. The Magic Realm and Sixam would count. Rock on!

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2024, 12:54:35 PM »
We really do have to go on Sixam before repeating a world where the musicians have already play for tips?

Not sure to understand the part with playing tips in all the worlds. Do they HAVE TO go and play for tips in all the worlds, or is it ok to only go to some of the worlds, or even not to play for tips?
If it's obligatory to play for tips, do they have to do that each day?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2024, 01:24:34 PM »
We really do have to go on Sixam before repeating a world where the musicians have already play for tips?

No. I look at Sixam and the Magic Realm as extra areas. They're not worlds you can choose from Manage Worlds.

Not sure to understand the part with playing tips in all the worlds. Do they HAVE TO go and play for tips in all the worlds, or is it ok to only go to some of the worlds, or even not to play for tips?
If it's obligatory to play for tips, do they have to do that each day?

And yes, you have to play for tips in all your available worlds at the Manage Worlds screen. That's what the world tour is all about. How long you spend doing that in each world is up to you, but spend long enough to register some income.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2024, 06:59:00 PM »

Lol. Indeed, they do. The Magic Realm and Sixam would count. Rock on!

Awesome! Time to Rock the Horta at Tatooine!
Note: Please don't pay attention to my silliness (but if you want to know ... Horta are an intelligent rock species alien from Star Trek, Tatooine is a Star Wars Desert world)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2024, 08:07:19 PM »
Note: Please don't pay attention to my silliness (but if you want to know ... Horta are an intelligent rock species alien from Star Trek, Tatooine is a Star Wars Desert world)

I remember. Hey, that reminds me... would you like to join me to go see Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra?

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2024, 08:15:10 PM »

I remember. Hey, that reminds me... would you like to join me to go see Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra?
Anytime! :D

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2024, 07:21:55 PM »
I *think* sims can only earn tips if they play on community lots. There are some worlds that only have residential lots (e.g., Newcrest and Forgotten Hollow for me). How should we do the world tour for those worlds?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2024, 08:08:41 PM »
I *think* sims can only earn tips if they play on community lots. There are some worlds that only have residential lots (e.g., Newcrest and Forgotten Hollow for me). How should we do the world tour for those worlds?

If that is indeed true, then there's no harm in skipping a residential-only world.