Author Topic: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global <<Live Event -- Jump In!>>
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2024, 07:24:17 PM »
So my results, starting funds 46,610, final funds 94,094. Social media followers 3005, Licensed songs 8.  I put it into the spreadsheet and it said it was 237,435, hope this is right. Didn't do as well as I would have liked, but still enjoyed it.  some of those scores are amazing.

Is your social media followers amount after you divided by 1000? i.e. did you originally have 3,005,000?

EDIT: Nevermind -- I see how it all worked out *thumbs up*

Offline kinseyam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2024, 07:43:51 PM »
Household funds : 117,749 – 40,352 = 77,397
Social media Followers: 60,763
Songs licensed by the two musicians: 20

Plugged it all into the spreadsheet and came up with a score of: 852,035

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2024, 08:24:06 PM »
Yep, I know. Thanks, Dek. The 1 is the final multiplier. Everyone started with a 1.

Ok, thanks Metro.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2024, 09:35:17 PM »
Didn't have time to finish this one (got about 5 days in) and I think I was doing it wrong (also, got too frustrated):
change in household funds:  11963
SM followers: 4,004,707
7 songs licensed:  71851.5

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2024, 02:34:10 AM »
OOh sorry Metro. I was rushing to get it done and did NOT divide by 1000, I just put the actual figure of followers, 3005, into the spreadsheet and pressed. Totally forgot about the divide by 1000, just relied on the spreadsheet to do the work, didn't even double check, really sorry.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2024, 03:00:20 AM »
Surprising no one, I'm running this one up until the last minute yet again despite my best intentions XD
Had to stop playing a little before the last in-game day, a day and a half early sim time.

After a world tour, a fight between one of the kids and their vampire manager, lots of liscensing and lots of tears from emotional breakdowns and burnout; our manager and prodigies setteled into a more comfortable life at Hazakura Lounge where our B-Listers took advantage of people tipping in between 'volentarily' donating plasma to the weirdo in the corner on their phone/laptop who apparently never stops working; and the occasional apperance of a mysterious 'helper'.

Start funds: 21,889
End funds: 90414
Social media followers: 32295
Songs liscensed: 19

Total score: 719852

Edit at 12:45 am, 45 minutes post-deadline(oh if only I had woken up an hour sooner...)

If I'd made it to my end time of thursday at 5:13pm, final score would have been:

Start funds: 21,889
End funds: 112,709
Social media followers: 41,383
Songs liscensed: 20

Total score: 999020

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 2: Going Global
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2024, 06:38:02 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Another win for @Rebelangel—congrats! @Elinoee, the team reached out to you on one thing, so check your PMs. Everyone is now free to discuss their strategy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2024, 08:43:45 AM »
My strategy for this challenge was centered around a few observations:

1. Like in every high school movie, sims don't have to be liked to be popular
2. Playing for tips is probably not the most lucrative source of income (i.e, it was faster to get $1M followers than earn $1000 in tips)

Manager was the focus on my time and efforts. From the last challenge, she had gained an atrocious reputation, was a 2 star celebrity, had the connections rewards, and had ~10,000 SM followers. She started by joining L3 of the SM career. She gained more initial followers using the drone and using the various interactions unlocked by the SM career as well as the upload viral video (unlocked at L10 charisma) and had the possibility of earning her >1M with one click. She used her reputation to bribe her boss until she reached L8 of the career (which took 1 sim week), at which point she unlocked the highly valuable, and extremely broken stream "lets play" interaction under the play video game menu. For some reason, the sims team designed this so that 5-star celebrities would get 1.4M followers without any time, so she cued up and ended a bunch of these interactions. Since this was pretty boring, I decided that I would stop at 500M followers, at which point Manager would sit around and periodically go through the rest of the SM interactions whenever the cool down period ended. "Prank streamers," "upload viral video," "promote image," "start funny meme" all that had potential to earn 30,000-2M+ followers.

For the musicians, I recalled the game had a silly rule where it was only possible to license a single song per instrument per week. Thus, the musicians - Billie & Elsa - had each written 3 songs on 3 different instruments in the last challenge, and immediately licensed them. I was dubious they could make that much money from playing for tips, so they focused their time on writing more songs. They spent the next few days writing a song on the fourth instrument (organ for Elsa, piano for Billie) and licensed that as well, as well as additional songs on the four instruments. The next four songs they licensed the following week. It wasn't until later in the challenge, I realized they could also write a mix-tape on the DJ booth, and license that as well (so my eighteen songs game from 2 violin, 2 piano, 2 organ, 2 guitar, and 1 DJ booth).

After they finished their song writing spree, they went on their musical tour. They generally played violin at a bar/night club until they got a few tips, at which point they moved onto the next. For the residential worlds, Newcrest + Forgotten Hollow, they did busk on the City Living busking station (which felt like in the spirit of the challenge) and "Helper" tipped them (though this did not change the net value of the household income). After they finished the world tour, they set up shop at the Planet Honey Pop Bar in San Myshuno (this was also a good location since Manager could sit at a table with a portable laptop and do her SM interactions).

Ultimately, most of the household earnings came from their royalties, which was boosted by the marketable rewards trait and the "established name" celebrity perk. There were some days they netted >$7K in royalties alone. Manager also earned a fair amount of simeloeons by getting promoted to L9 in the SM career by the end of the challenge (though also burned a fair amount of simeloeons through bribes)

In terms other set up from the last challenge - before it ended, I made sure to purchase 2 violins, 2 guitars, 2 portable pianos, 1 portable laptop, and 1 organ for this challenge (so it wouldn't have to come out of the starting household funds). I also deleted all the other furniture except the toilet to try to minimize bills. Helper had a constant stream of plentiful needs potions (which was boosted by the copypasto spell) to address all other needs.

Stray observations
1. The SM followers function in the Sims is very simplistic (you essentially get within a narrow range of followers for almost every SM interaction, whether it's the drone, SM interactions on the phone/computer, or the "Lets Play" interaction for video-gaming)
2. The most lucrative way that I found to earn tips is to use the busking station, play long enough for a crowd to gather around, and then click the "solicit tips" interaction. I could get ~$100 in 1 sim hour.
3. Manage purchased the trailblazer perk. One of the effects is that all the sims in the world will wear the same outfit as your sim. It took me a while to figure out why everyone kept wearing the same outfit!

^Here, Lily Feng, Kayla Flemming, and Billie Jang are all wearing Manager's outfit (which ironically Manager didn't even wear throughout the challenge)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2024, 09:55:24 AM »
Before I update the World Ranking, the team must get a multiplier issue with @Elinoee all squared away. There was some misunderstanding on that. @Elinoee -- you had a total of 4 licensed songs, correct? So, 4 / 2 = 2. Then, 2 + 1 = 3 for your multiplier. Is this correct?

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2024, 10:45:20 AM »
Yes @Metropolis Man, as I told @sone in private message, I completely misunderstood the rules concerning the songs.
Didn't realize that "licensing" meant sending the song via the mailbox but thought it was only about creating the songs.

So yes, my LSM multiplier is 3 and not 26, which makes a big difference. Bad strategy due to my mistake!
Sorry for that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2024, 10:51:05 AM »
Yes @Metropolis Man, as I told @sone in private message, I completely misunderstood the rules concerning the songs.
Didn't realize that "licensing" meant sending the song via the mailbox but thought it was only about creating the songs.

So yes, my LSM multiplier is 3 and not 26, which makes a big difference. Bad strategy due to my mistake!
Sorry for that.

No worries! It's all good. Guess what? I messed up my own multiplier too! Lol. It happens. :)

anything