Author Topic: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing
« on: August 26, 2024, 06:38:06 AM »
The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The team is offering up another two-part challenge for September. You'll take the role of an aspiring music manager to search for potential childhood artistic talent and nurture them through their teen years while juggling the Business career (part 1). Ultimately, your two wonder kids grow up and become Young Adults, embark on a 14-day world tour, and write multiple songs (part 2).

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Create two Young Adult Sims — any life state. Assign one Sim the role of music manager. The other Sim will be your utility/helper Sim.
  • Move your Sims to any lot.
  • The only allowed Household additions are two Children your manager must meet at a community lot.
  • Must attain Good Friend status with a child on a community lot before moving them into your household via Manage Worlds.
  • Any Child from all worlds can be a prospective target for your manager. But, traits and aspirations can only be changed after your manager has attained Good Friend status with them.
  • If any household member dies, post your score as DNF.
  • Once all requirements have been completed, age your Teens to Young Adults and pause your game.
  • See Scoring below for the specific requirements for Part 1.

Scoring

Time: You need to accomplish several things in this challenge.
1) Your manager Sim must unlock the Management branch of the Business career;
2) Your two Child Sims must attain A's in school in both the Child and Teen life states;
3) Both children must complete the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration.
Once you have completed the required tasks for part 1, pause your game and enter the necessary information into the spreadsheet to calculate your time.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Time     
Rebelangel4782
Elinoee6300
LenaLJ6304
sone6310
Eighty8Keys13544
kinseyam17820
SueDenim17820
Metropolis Man19747
Savage Sunshine23580
junegem23881
Deklitch25028
techiechickDNF

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh! A two-part music-centric challenge!  This sounds so fun!!!

Question:
Changing a personality trait in CAS doesn't remove the original trait's buff, only changing the traits listed in the sim's profile/CAS.
Are we talking re-traiting potions here?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Changing a personality trait in CAS doesn't remove the original trait's buff, only changing the traits listed in the sim's profile/CAS.
Are we talking re-traiting potions here?

I guess to keep it simple, just leave the two kids' traits completely alone. When they come into your home, you're free to do whatever you like.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
by 'the world' do you mean that you can only visit community lots in your neighbourhood and gets two kids from there, or does world mean you can visit any community lot from any neighbourhood you have?

By neighbourhood, I'm meaning eg Willow Creek, not the sub parts of Willow Creek.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
by 'the world' do you mean that you can only visit community lots in your neighbourhood and gets two kids from there, or does world mean you can visit any community lot from any neighbourhood you have?

By neighbourhood, I'm meaning eg Willow Creek, not the sub parts of Willow Creek.

Meeting the kids is not restricted to just your neighborhood. The term neighborhood is not used in the rules. Just make sure you meet them on a community lot (park, library, etc) in any world you choose.

EDIT: Oh, I read your second sentence above more carefully. Willow Creek is considered the world or one world. The subsections are the neighborhoods.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
Just to clarify the "world" rule, if we move into Willow Creek that means the only child targets that can be moved in are Alexander Goth and Olivia Kim-Lewis (since they are the only children in Willow Creek families)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Just to clarify the "world" rule, if we move into Willow Creek that means the only child targets that can be moved in are Alexander Goth and Olivia Kim-Lewis (since they are the only children in Willow Creek families)

No. All children from all worlds qualify. I see no reason to have any limitations in that department. I will edit the rule.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
I am really looking forward to this one but I do have a few questions about it. I am sure it is me being a bit dim, but if you could answer my queries I would appreciate it.

Firstly, if you pick a child that becomes a teen before you can get 'A's at school is that it, or do you kick them out and try again? Secondly, if the child has achieved 'A's and the Artistic prodigy can you age them up or must you wait until they age up naturally? Finally, is the business manager level 7 or is it one of the earlier levels? Sorry for so many stupid questions, but I do not want to get it wrong.  I am really enjoying these 2 stage events, as they really make you think about your strategy. Thank you for coming up with these challenges for us.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
I am really looking forward to this one but I do have a few questions about it. I am sure it is me being a bit dim, but if you could answer my queries I would appreciate it.

Firstly, if you pick a child that becomes a teen before you can get 'A's at school is that it, or do you kick them out and try again? Secondly, if the child has achieved 'A's and the Artistic prodigy can you age them up or must you wait until they age up naturally? Finally, is the business manager level 7 or is it one of the earlier levels? Sorry for so many stupid questions, but I do not want to get it wrong.  I am really enjoying these 2 stage events, as they really make you think about your strategy. Thank you for coming up with these challenges for us.

There really is no rule preventing you from kicking one of the musicians out and bringing in another. You'd have to do that in your example because getting A's as both a Child and a Teen is a requirement. To your second question - as long as you get the A requirement, aging them up to Teen is fine. Your last question...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/business/

So, everyone needs to grind through the first six generic business levels. Then you need to pick a path, Management or Investor. You're done once your manager unlocks (chooses) the management side. You do not need to gain any levels in it. You'll have to quit anyway for part 2.

EDIT: And thanks so much for the nice words, @junegem. :)

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. You have really helped me understand the options I have for this part. Really looking forward to getting started. Good luck everyone. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
This two-part music challenge goes live on Monday, so please let's try to get all questions answered before that. Good luck, everyone!

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing <<Challenge Starts Soon!>>
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2024, 08:22:46 PM »
Given its the 2nd here, it is time for me to start and see how quickly my sims can die in a cooking fire I mean, I can get the kids to YA age and their Manager to their required level of the business career. Have fun, everyone!

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing <<Challenge Starts Soon!>>
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2024, 12:00:43 PM »
6310 minutes for my household in part one.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing <<Live event -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2024, 05:43:49 PM »
13544 minutes for my household in part one.

Offline Savage Sunshine

• Nooboo
Re: The Hits Keep Coming - Part 1: The Next Big Thing <<Live event -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2024, 10:12:38 AM »
23580 minutes for part 1.

anything