Author Topic: Love Struck first impressions thread.  (Read 803 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Love Struck first impressions thread.
« on: July 29, 2024, 02:10:15 PM »
I am surprised no one started this thread yet. Love Struck is of course a pack centered around adults dating as I am sure you know. I was hyped when it was announced. I didn't think I could get it right away but a friend bought it for me as a gift. And I am thankful for it.

That being said overall I am disappointed in it as a expansion pack. It is fun but overall a bit shallow. Out side of dating and romance it is lacking any content. Let me break it down for you.

The word quality is lacking. There are missing doors in some builds. There are unessary gaps in front of some lots. The world feels a bit empty. There is no 64X64 lots. And Honestly Mexico isn't someplace I think of as romantic. It isn't horrible but not up to recent standards. I give it a "D+". It needs editing point blank.

CAS is much better. Yes some items like the catfish costume are of limited use but are fun. Also men gained some good items for once. Outside of the costumes it is limited but what is there is mostly quality. It looses major points for ignoring for the most part children and younger. Over all CAS in this pack is fun a solid effort. I give CAS a "B+". Better than most packs but do to many costumes it isn't as deep as some.

Build/buy is hard for me to grade. I love the heart vibrating bed. And the costume box is one of the funniest items in a while. Nothing is unusable but that said you can't furnish a house with it. Not much for a kitchen for instance. You can't furnish a house end of discussion. Again a $40 US pack sould allow you to build a house and you can't. I love lots of it but because it is very lacking I give it a "C-". I like what it has for the most part but a full explanation pack should allow one to build a house and you just can't. I do love the costume chest.

Game play is another area this pack is lacking. Outside of dating it is way lacking. There is some small thing like the bear quest but mostly this is just a dating pack. A good one but very narrow. It feels very much like a game pack. There is no gameplay for children too younger. The job is a rabbit hole. The aspirations are both tutors for then challenges. I think it adds more to dating then any one mod but it isn't in my mind $40 US in value. I see this more as a game pack in value. I grade it a "D+". It does one thing well but only one thing. Dates are fun as is the romance system but it needs more. Outside of young adults it is just needing to add more to justify the cost.

This pack has some bugs but it isn't My Wedding Stories buggy. Over all it is fun but feels limited. Over all I find it lacking outside of young adults. The world needs help. I like it but it just is lacking. I would be happy if this was a game pack and they fixed the world but as is I give it a "D+" as it is lacking in too many areas. Love the costumes though. That box is so fun. I give it an "A+".

Let's get more opinions as I was a bit overhyped. What is your thoughts?

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Love Struck first impressions thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 04:22:34 PM »
I like the new requirement to keep romancing one's long-term partner to avoid romantic dissatisfaction.

As a Dynasty/legacy player, it's all too tempting to ignore a couples relationship once they've pushed out the next gen.
My middle-aged father of 7 autonomously suggested a date to his spouse. I though that was sweet.

I've had a couple of new "crafted" dates that didn't complete milestones - "eat food" didn't complete even though they definitely did, for example, leading to Bronze medals. So that may be a bug.

Generally, being in the middle of Teens dating plus their parents rekindling their romance, I've been having a lot of fun. Adults doing the seductive dance together in their work clothes is hilarious.

Setting attraction turn-ons and turn-offs is interesting and I'm still getting to grips with that.

Teens can't use the online dating, btw. I think that's a fair restriction hut may be frustrating for some.

I haven't explored the new world properly so can't comment on that yet. There's quite a range of CAS for Teens+. I guess nothing for Child- makes sense for an adult-themed pack.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 05:25:32 PM »
I am still waiting for the sixth generation children of my legacy challenge to age up to fully explore this pack.
But I've created a post that details all 13 lots in the new town of Ciudad Enamorada.
If your sim plans to move or build there and would like some guidance, look no further.
Here's the link to neighborhood maps and lot info for Ciudad Enamorada: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29518.msg526103#msg526103

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2024, 10:34:46 AM »
I was going to skip getting this pack. I didn't like what I'd seen of CAS, and the only thing I wanted from Build/Buy was the woohoo blanket. But although the trailers were not intriguing the reviews were.

The one thing this pack does is make Sim dating fun.

Gone for me are the days when I push 2 Sims into "try for baby" within 24 hours of meeting each other. Using Cupid's Corner is a must now, and the selfies are hilarious. The first time I tried a blind date, my trial Sim wound up with a werewolf. The NPCs actually respond now. Even though my Sim didn't have green hair and wasn't wearing black or white clothing (his turn-ons), her date still wanted to go to her place when she asked him how it was going, and later asked her to move in with him. I understand that the NPCs will propose autonomously, too.

I'm playing rotationally, so it will be a while before I find out how my married couples are doing. One good omen is that I've encountered some of them sitting together on a bench on a community lot, sky-gazing.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2024, 04:01:06 PM »
One good omen is that I've encountered some of them sitting together on a bench on a community lot, sky-gazing.
Seeing various couples out sky-gazing is really cute.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2024, 08:47:58 PM »
Did get the "Have 7 perfect dates" challenge for a sim-reality show. Completed it and got the Heart bed, 25,000 simoleons, plus a certificate for the challenge. As for the pack, i'm enjoying it so far. It's nothing earth-shattering but is fun for the most part.

anything