Author Topic: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge <<Live Event -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2024, 12:57:23 PM »
Another heroic effort worthy of the trash bin. I was only able to get through four days. Too much on my plate.

Total Lot Value = 293267
PM (4 unique parties) = 1.20
Final score = 351920

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2024, 07:00:44 PM »
The Jones only managed 3 parties, lot value 47279  = 54,371. Ran out of time. Sorry. Could do better.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2024, 07:22:24 PM »
Another great challenge. I was racing at 3X speed to finish up.

Total Lot Value = 1017872
PM (14 unique parties) = 1.70
Final score = 1730382

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2024, 09:11:04 PM »
Only had a few human hours today that I could play.

Total Lot Value = 197,977
PM (4 Unique Parties) = 1.20
Final Score = 237572

Offline kinseyam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2024, 11:58:45 PM »
Didn't finish in time (so close!) but a fun one!

Total lot value: 626403
Unique parties: 10
Total: 939,604.5

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2024, 06:08:11 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Another event in the books. Congrats to @Nutella on yet another win. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2024, 06:39:30 AM »
Yay, congrats Nutella. My first three parties in order were Dance Party, Ranch Gathering, House Party. They also were my last three parties, and middle three parties :P I got gold medals for Ranch Gathering and House Party.

I started with the two two storey starter houses in Windenburg and then went to Crick Cabana in Willow Creek.

In slightly related news, I've been playing around with ChatGPT of late, having it create stories for me from prompts I give it. On more than one occasion, it has given the name of a settlement 'Willow Creek', it never gets the name of the library right though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2024, 08:12:54 AM »
Main strategy involves stealing and spellcasters.  I didn't see any bans for clubs or spellcasters, I hope I didn't break any rules.

A) I would steal all the most expensive stuff townies had in their homes (like the $15,000 violin, $10,000 computers, $8200 knights) every 8 hours - both sims stealing.
B) During the 8 hours downtime, one sim concentrate on leveling spellcasting while the other sim throws party (did easy parties for the first few days). 
C) By day 3 my spellcaster sim finally got "copypasto", so both sims took vacation to the jungle museum to steal the gold plate $8,000 - this item goes into personal inventory.  Make sure spellcaster sim have the point in practical magic always succeed while in neutral state - then start copypasto the gold plate.  Money was never a problem from this time onwards, I could afford anything.
D) The rest of the days were just plenty sleeping and then throwing one unique party a day -- was quite boring for me since after the party I had my sims just sleep and sleep and sleep to go to next day.

These are the 15 locations I stayed in:
San Sequoia -- Sequoia Cottage
Brindleton Bay -- Ragdoll Refurb
Willow Creek -- Brook Bungalow
Willow Creek -- Parkshore
Strangerville -- Plateau Place
Henford -- 3 Olde Mill Lane
San Myshuno -- The Old Salt House
Oasis Spring -- Granada Place
Windenburg -- Pier Palace
Willow Creek -- Umbrage Manor
Oasis Spring -- Rio Verde
Brindleton Bay -- Hound's Head
Willow Creek -- Oakenstead
Del Sol Valley -- Chateau Peak
Oasis Spring -- Yuma Heights

14 Parties Thrown:
Potluck
Baby Shower
Birthday
Pool Party
Keg Party
Slumber
Wedding
Weenie Roast
House Party
Dinner Party
Incognito Costume
Black and White
Family Reunion
Spooky Party

Spooky party is the only party I didn't gold, in fact I didn't even get bronze.  Could not find pumpkin carving station in any place and since we can't buy anything in build mode to put in house, this party was thrown just so I get the multiplier for 14 unique party thrown.  The rest of the parties got gold but some don't even give any rewards (like Family Reunion).  If anyone have any questions on how to gold the parties, let me know I can help.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2024, 04:31:12 PM »
Great job @Nutella !

My 2 sims were also spellcasters and also worked hard until they got the "copypasto" spell!
Your idea to steal a plate from the selvadoradian museum is great, I only copied spell books from the spellcasters store  :)
But finally I managed to earn money much easily than with the "copypasto" spell: one of my sims got the spellcaster reward that allows you to buy everything with a 50% reduction by the spellcasters stores. I then bought many of the most expensive brooms everyday and sold them at their 100% price!
That was really a fast way to earn much money (in fact, the fastest way I ever discovered in game). Once they got that my sims could have afford anything, but it was only on day 5, so my 5 first houses were small ones (after that, I moved in the 10 most expensive houses available in game).

I got 9 gold medals from my 14 different parties, 2 silver ones, 2 bronze ones, and one was a big failure!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2024, 07:34:55 PM »
one of my sims got the spellcaster reward that allows you to buy everything with a 50% reduction by the spellcasters stores. I then bought many of the most expensive brooms everyday and sold them at their 100% price!

@Elinoee -- that is an amazing idea.  I will probably steal your idea for my dynasty challenge, fabulously wealthy aspiration here I come (spellcasters of course).