Author Topic: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge
« on: July 29, 2024, 06:13:06 AM »
15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In honor of Carl's Sims 4 Guide and the forum's upcoming 15th anniversary (August 31st), the team has put together a house flipper event in which you may live in 15 different Sims 4 premade homes. A key strategy will be to plan daily social events and earn rewards to place in the homes to add to each home's value.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Create two Young Adult Sims — any life state.
  • Your Sims may only move to empty premade homes (i.e., Crick Cabana). No apartments.
  • You cannot ask anyone to join the household and you cannot add to the household.
  • You are allowed one move daily at 8 a.m. Your first house counts as your first move.
  • Make sure to check "Do not Move with Furniture" when moving.
  • Party rewards cannot be sold, but earned career rewards can be sold.
  • You can plan one social event per day. The only change you may make to any home is to place any party rewards before moving to your next home.
  • If a household member dies, continue with the other Sim. If both die, stop your file and post your score.
  • On Sunday, Week 3, Day 1, at 8:00 a.m., move to your last home (moving is always a choice, not mandatory), do not throw a party, and calculate your score.

Scoring

Total Lot Value: Immediately before moving, remember to place any party rewards earned. Party rewards cannot be sold (but earned career rewards can be sold). Click Build Mode (F2), click Venue Info (picture of house in upper left corner), and locate the current Lot Value to enter into the  House Flipper Spreadsheet.

PM (Party Multiplier): For every unique party type thrown add .05% to the multiplier.

Final Score : Your total lot value X PM. Again, use the House Flipper Spreadsheet to calculate your score.

Example: The Total Lot Value (after placing your party rewards on all lots) comes to §1,500,000. You hosted 9 different party types, adding .45 to the PM. Final Score = §1,500,000 X 1.45 = §2,175,000.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we may ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Lot Value     PM     Final Score     
Nutella§18353801.70§3120146
sone§17446861.70§2965966
Elinoee§17319461.70§2944308
Rebelangel§16912961.55§2621508
Eighty8Keys§10178721.70§1730382
kinseyam§6264031.50§939604
Savage Sunshine§3534531.70§651870
Metropolis Man§2932671.20§351920
mismck§1979771.20§237572
junegem§472791.15§54371
Deklitch§372291.15§42813

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge <<Event Starts Soon!>>
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 03:59:33 AM »
In light of my brilliant and fiery effort in the handiness challenge ... I need to ask a question ... thanks though for already confirming what happens should should either/both sims die in this challenge.

If something untoward happens while you're in a house
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are you allowed to replace anything impacted?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 04:07:15 PM »
In light of my brilliant and fiery effort in the handiness challenge ... I need to ask a question ... thanks though for already confirming what happens should should either/both sims die in this challenge.

If something untoward happens while you're in a house
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are you allowed to replace anything impacted?

This came up in the last team meeting, and if my aging brain recalls, yes, you can return a home to "as is" or "day one" condition. In other words, you could only replace a damaged object with the exact same object.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2024, 05:19:17 AM »
"The only change you may make to any home is to place any party rewards before moving to your next home."

I assume that means we can't place anything in the house using build mode, even if we remove the thing(s) before moving?
Are we then allowed to place temporarily something from our sim's inventory (and remove it before moving)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2024, 05:31:25 AM »
"The only change you may make to any home is to place any party rewards before moving to your next home."

I assume that means we can't place anything in the house using build mode, even if we remove the thing(s) before moving?
Are we then allowed to place temporarily something from our sim's inventory (and remove it before moving)?

No. You would be changing the house then. A big part of this challenge is simply living in a home "as is."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2024, 05:41:50 AM »
Clarified the following rule...

• You cannot ask anyone to join the household.

to...

• You cannot add to the household.
[/quote]

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2024, 06:54:01 AM »
Thanks for the clarifications @Metropolis Man  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2024, 10:52:37 AM »
I edited the following rule...

• Your Sims may only move to empty premade homes (i.e., Crick Cabana). No apartments.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2024, 09:55:29 AM »
Sorry for the late change with this event starting tomorrow, but a question came up just now and I made an edit to the following rule...

Total Lot Value: Immediately before moving, remember to place any party rewards earned. Click Build Mode (F2), click Venue Info (picture of house in upper left corner), and locate the current Lot Value to enter into the  House Flipper Spreadsheet.

Now reads...

Total Lot Value: Immediately before moving, remember to place any party rewards earned. Rewards cannot be sold. Click Build Mode (F2), click Venue Info (picture of house in upper left corner), and locate the current Lot Value to enter into the  House Flipper Spreadsheet.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2024, 01:14:12 PM »
I needed to also clarify and reword the following...

• You cannot ask anyone to join the household and you cannot add to the household.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: 15th Anniversary House Flipper Challenge <<Live Event -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2024, 08:39:31 PM »
Does "Date" count as social event?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2024, 06:21:10 AM »
Does "Date" count as social event?

No. From the phone, you choose "Plan a Social Event."

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2024, 08:27:14 PM »
Is the "Do not move with furniture" requirement the same thing as selecting "sell furniture" (as opposed to "keep furniture")?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2024, 08:33:11 PM »
Is the "Do not move with furniture" requirement the same thing as selecting "sell furniture" (as opposed to "keep furniture")?

I believe so. You are not taking anything with you. Leave the house as is except for placing the rewards.

Offline kinseyam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2024, 08:02:11 PM »
A couple questions:
  • Moving into an empty household: so we cannot evict Sims in order to move into an occupied house?
  • On the last day when we can move to a new house: do we also check the lot value in build mode and add that to our total?

Thanks!