Author Topic: Spoils of Handiness  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Spoils of Handiness
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2024, 10:06:47 AM »
Congrats, @Nutella!

I upgraded every other bathing-related object, but didn't even think about trying the hot tub!

Freshmaker was fickle for me too. I ended up getting it to trigger by upgrading a fridge on a different lot (one that didn't have the "simple living" trait) and repeatedly cooking eggs or something like that. It worked on the second try.

How do you trigger the fun-employment moodlet? I also upgraded the expresso machine with consistent pulls and tried drinking the special drink, but nothing happened.

One other moodlet I found: if you upgrade the television with super reception, you get access to the fireplace channel which gives the "Feeling the Heat" moodlet

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2024, 10:43:47 AM »
Congratulations to @Nutella !

I got approximately the same moodlets than you, expect than I was luckier with the "how fresh!" from fridge (but also didn't get the coffee maker nor the shower ones!)
I didn't know about the expensive bathtub nor the microwave and the expresso machine ones!

Here are the 4 moodlets I got some that are not on your list:
- Fresh maker (fridge) → happy moodlet « how fresh ! »
- Super reception (tv) → happy moodlet « feeling the heat » by watching Fireplace channel (which is only available after upgrading)
- Photon projector (talking toilets "Talking John") → focused moodlet "information commission"
- Stereo installation (hottub) → happy moodlet "great tunes"

Not sure if the last 2 count: it's possible to get them with another "non upgraded" item (talking toilets "Potty Mouth 2.0" for the "information commission" moodlet and stereo for the "great tunes" moodlet, but to get them by using "Talking John" and the hottub you have to upgrade these 2 items.
If not ok, please remove 200 points for my score.

Concerning the sauna, @Nutella are you sure that the 3 moodlets come from the upgrade ? I also got them after upgrading it but thought that they were related to the basic sauna because it's not specified that they are related to the upgrade. Same concerning the "prisitine clothing" one from the washer...
So I got those 4 moodlets with upgraded sauna and washer but I did not list them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2024, 11:00:50 AM »
I will check out all the upgrades later this evening, have work can't do it now.

How do you trigger the fun-employment moodlet? I also upgraded the expresso machine with consistent pulls and tried drinking the special drink, but nothing happened.

You have to make coffee for "To Go", then it will trigger if you drink it from the togo cup.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2024, 11:45:54 AM »
Concerning the sauna, @Nutella are you sure that the 3 moodlets come from the upgrade ? I also got them after upgrading it but thought that they were related to the basic sauna because it's not specified that they are related to the upgrade. Same concerning the "prisitine clothing" one from the washer...
So I got those 4 moodlets with upgraded sauna and washer but I did not list them.

Hmmmm...do both of you want to possibly test this today just for a bit more verification? I am also tagging @sone so he is aware of this. Post the results in this thread so I know if scores need to be changed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2024, 11:56:25 AM »
@Metropolis Man

@Elinoee is correct.  I tested the sauna on my lunch break and the non upgraded sauna gave me the same 3 moodlets.  Same with washer, so subtract 400 points for me :)  Congrats @Elinoee

Sorry about my mistake, I thought the moodlets was from the upgrade didn't cross check with the non upgraded version.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2024, 12:04:29 PM »
@Metropolis Man

@Elinoee is correct.  I tested the sauna on my lunch break and the non upgraded sauna gave me the same 3 moodlets.  Same with washer, so subtract 400 points for me :)  Congrats @Elinoee

Sorry about my mistake, I thought the moodlets was from the upgrade didn't cross check with the non upgraded version.

Okay. Congrats on the win, @Elinoee. I will adjust the World Ranking, too. It only impacts the two of you.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2024, 12:22:33 PM »
Whoops! I also counted 1 of the 3 sauna moodlets in my score :-[ (admittedly, I didn't test this out either - I just saw that it had language about being at the optimal temperature and assumed it was related to the upgrade)

I don't think in this case it has an impact, but technically my score should also be 100 points lower.

Side note: It's my lunch break too and I just tested out the consistent pulls with the togo cup. My sim had a job and got a different moodlet, "bright-eyed"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2024, 07:57:28 PM »
Wait- pristine clothing is from upgrading the washer?...+1 for me then; I always use the non-machine for laundry where it's not from an upgrade so I didn't count it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2024, 08:24:24 PM »
Wait- pristine clothing is from upgrading the washer?...+1 for me then; I always use the non-machine for laundry where it's not from an upgrade so I didn't count it.

I made the change. I think it only impacts @Rebelangel -- instead of her beating eight players, she beat seven since she tied with you.