Author Topic: (Bug) Plants outside lots dying or won't grow.  (Read 559 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
(Bug) Plants outside lots dying or won't grow.
« on: July 27, 2024, 04:27:06 AM »
Hello.

So I had this problem in my one of my installs. I did send a sim out to another world to harvest fruit and herbs but he did not find anything. the plants did not evolve.  I did try for (in game) days. (In other areas of the same worlds there were plants to harvest though). So I played another family and it did not surprise me that the garden plants glitched and went back to piles of dirt. But the plants outside the lot also did that! On the first day of autumn a couple of apple trees simply died on me. How?  :o

Now I know that there is a mod that keeps track of the plants and adjust them if needed but I do run a very low patch level on this install (and I will not change that) so I don't know if I can use it. But is there anything else I can try first? Like deleting cache files or something? Or should I try the mod?
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: (Bug) Plants outside lots dying or won't grow.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 09:29:31 AM »
I did a search on the bug. It sounds as though this is still an issue for some in various ways. I was able to find some bug reports linked below. 

I did see where other Simmers like you mentioned there is a recommended gardening mod that can be used.

I don't know if the mod creator keeps a catalog of their mods for older patches, but it might be something to look into.

----

[CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Plants-reverting-to-Dirt-Piles/m-p/13008501

[NEEDS INFO] Plants don't grow
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-Plants-don-t-grow/m-p/9614616
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 03:40:43 PM »
As it seems, it's still a thing. Even for those who keep their game fully maintained.

The thing was that I did send my sims from Willow Creek to  Oasis Springs and the plants down by the food stall in Bedrock Strait  did not seem to evolve at all. And the wild plants in the area (sage) could just be viewed. In other areas like Skyward Palms and Acquisition Butte everything worked fine. The family who had apple Trees outside their lot lives in Ridgeline Drive, Newcrest. I can be OK with plants glitching out on lots as I can restore them with the Testingcheats cheat but outside lots?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 10:05:52 PM »
I'm not sure what to do about plants outside the lot.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 01:31:17 AM »
Have you tried uprooting them and then seeing if the replacement plants are "healthy"?

I've not tried it myself but it might be worth a shot as a work around.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 02:05:52 AM »
I haven't tried that but I could but it might work.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 07:59:22 AM »
As it seems, the option was not available in this install. For some unknown reason (I thought it have always been in there).  Maybe it was added later... My sim could only  take cuttings.

NotDoable.jpg

After a week of play the Apple/Pear trees still looked like this. After reloading the lot they finally changed.

AppleTree.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2024, 10:22:44 AM »
That's a real shame. Hope you find a solution.