Author Topic: The Sims 4 Love Struck July 25 2024  (Read 3035 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
The Sims 4 Love Struck July 25 2024
« on: July 11, 2024, 01:49:25 PM »
I am shocked no one already started this thread. Sorry I haven't done so before now but in my defence I was in the hospital twice do to heart issues (and more) one of those times was for over a 5 weeks and a nasty depression set in. In addtion I have not been working do to heart issues and will not have funds to buy this pack anytime soon. I am excited for it more so than any pack since seasons.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT_Xl19t1YM&t=1s

Game play trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-MgruM4Fso

Offical blog

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/lovestruck-expansion-pack

Order blog

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/store/addons/the-sims-4-lovestruck-expansion-pack

Laundry list

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/laundry-list-july-9-2024

This pack looks fun. I am getting it as soon as I can. I thought romance was lacking in the Sims 4. This addresses that. Anyone ecited?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Love Struck July 25 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 01:21:56 AM »
Um... I like the cheap awful bed that actually looks cheap and awful... I always want new worlds...
But I don't see anything else that isn't already done much better with mods.  I'm sure I'll get it eventually just to add the world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2024, 10:02:12 AM »
Better? In some ways for sure, but this looks fun and once the mods incorporate it they could be enhanced. Dates has always been an area with or without mods I thought lacking and avoided other then to do the aspirations. Hopefully this will improve them as dates should very in goals for it. I am excited. But yes some.mods add things EA never will and are better over all. But combined could be better yet.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 11:48:14 AM »
LIke everyone else, I always welcome a new world!  My Wedding Stories still is filled with bugs, but Tartosa is magnificent.
I'm excited about a world with a Latin American flair and hope we get new recipes, too!
The costumes might come in useful for bachelorette parties.  Not crazy about the new dance.
I've tried online dating apps with two different mods but didn't like how they worked. I"m curious to see if EA gets it right.

I'm not sure about the gameplay.  I won't be pre-ordering this pack but might buy it before Sep 5 (because I can't help myself).

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2024, 02:00:17 PM »
Yes, me too, I intend to buy it just in time for the extras.  They'll have 6 weeks to fix the bugs by then.
Hoping the rabbithole love hotel can be demolished and something useful built there instead, and it's not like the completely useless temple and tiger sanctuary.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2024, 07:12:39 PM »
I'd get it before I get the Star Wars pack, and after I get horse ranch, and I've got about a 5% chance of getting the horse ranch.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2024, 11:19:33 PM »
Yes, me too, I intend to buy it just in time for the extras.  They'll have 6 weeks to fix the bugs by then.
Hoping the rabbithole love hotel can be demolished and something useful built there instead, and it's not like the completely useless temple and tiger sanctuary.

Haha, don't get me started on the Temple and Tiger Sanctuary.
I was never able to Adopt a Tiger and get that little tiger plushie.  Were you? Any tips on that?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2024, 01:49:50 AM »

Haha, don't get me started on the Temple and Tiger Sanctuary.
I was never able to Adopt a Tiger and get that little tiger plushie.  Were you? Any tips on that?

Honestly I was so disappointed in that pack, I haven't set foot in Tomorang in forever.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »
Ok, well... I like the world.  I know it checks off multiple boxes for a lot of people:  another urban setting, and it's not the US again, for sure.
CAS stuff?  Eh... not terrible? but it can't compete with CC.  I know I will never, ever use the ridiculous costumes.
The relationship stuff is going to do nothing but interfere with the mods I already have.

So, my opinion has not changed at all after seeing the live stream.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 09:04:40 PM »
Ok, well... I like the world.  I know it checks off multiple boxes for a lot of people:  another urban setting, and it's not the US again, for sure.
CAS stuff?  Eh... not terrible? but it can't compete with CC.  I know I will never, ever use the ridiculous costumes.
The relationship stuff is going to do nothing but interfere with the mods I already have.

So, my opinion has not changed at all after seeing the live stream.

What!? You're not going to dress your favorite female sims' love interests in that eggplant costume?  For real?
I agree about the CAS clothing. That unbuttoned shirt on that male sim featured in the trailer is SOOOOO tacky! *rolls eyes

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2024, 01:53:45 AM »
What!? You're not going to dress your favorite female sims' love interests in that eggplant costume?  For real?

Ooh eggplant costumes ... take my money now! lol

Why wouldn't you want a sim dressed as an eggplant? I mean, isn't that the height of fashion?

Tell me it helps confuse the seasons so that my plants can grow whenever I want them to grow (without having to put them inside).

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2024, 01:34:09 PM »
With that "3 strikes and we're done" mechanic... The Romance Festival is going to become the Divorce Festival!  Just invite the Goths to come with you, let the inevitable happen, and be ready to comfort Bella so she doesn't die of a broken heart.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2024, 09:28:51 PM »
This evening I watched both DrGlueon's Gameplay video and LilSimsie's Honest Review video, both on Youtube.
LilSimsie's video was hugely informative and covered the pack extensively, whereas DrGluon's video was a hilarious look at his sims dating misadventures.
The dating app looks good.  The Create-a-Date option looks better than the ones I've tried out in mods.
Looking forward to playing this pack once my next heir ages up to a teen (first week of July)?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2024, 08:29:05 PM »
@scoed
I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues.  I don't usually click on your new-pack-related links so I didn't read your first post carefully.
I hope that you are recovering your health day by day.  <3

So, I pre-ordered Lovestruck and downloaded it today, then immediately disabled it because I'm not at the point in my legacy where my next heir can live in Cuidad Enamorada.
However, Lovestruck released on July 25 and so far we've had:
(1) Update on July 23
(2) A hotfix, also on July 23
(3) And another hotfix today (July 25).

Poor Deaderpool released two versions of his MCCC mod on July 23rd.  Oh, I better go check if there's a new version to go with today's hotfix., *sighs
Not an impressive track record so far, Lovestruck developers!

Still, I'm excited about the new world and the many new Build/Buy assets. I'm just glad I can't play it for another 7-10 real-life days...

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2024, 09:22:17 PM »
@oshizu thanks foe the well wishes. Things are looking up. I will be able to return to work soon. And a friend bought me the pack and fixed my PC as a get well gift and to say thanks for the times I helped his family out. I haven't played it much yet but love the catfish and eggplant  costumes. Now I have a sim in an eggplant costume. This amuses me. That is as far as I got with the pack so far. LOL.