Author Topic: It's Rewarding Life - Part I  (Read 5067 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: It's Rewarding Life - Part I <<Live Challenge -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2024, 09:09:49 AM »
I reloaded my file before I bought all the rewards, this time using the points and counting potions, I have 44.  Metro no need to change my score, keep it at 30 but going forward Ill be sure to ask more questions.  Still 53 rewards is crazy Rebel, grats.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2024, 09:16:52 AM »
I reloaded my file before I bought all the rewards, this time using the points and counting potions, I have 44.  Metro no need to change my score, keep it at 30 but going forward Ill be sure to ask more questions.  Still 53 rewards is crazy Rebel, grats.

No, no. You absolutely will be scored at 44. You did nothing wrong. You were unaware that potions counted.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2024, 11:34:15 AM »
Tabitha Myrick managed to get 45 unique satisfaction rewards by close of play :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2024, 11:58:06 AM »
Tabitha Myrick managed to get 45 unique satisfaction rewards by close of play :)

Granny! Welcome back to the Tournament.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2024, 05:50:50 PM »
My Sims got 64 rewards. This was a very ahem... rewarding challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2024, 05:55:01 PM »

This caught my attention right away. Did you score more than your starting Sim?

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2024, 06:08:24 PM »

This caught my attention right away. Did you score more than your starting Sim?

Yes.

I saw this:
Additions to your household may only happen in Live Mode.
and then I completely missed this:
by your Starting Sim only

Well, that explains why noone has scored higher so far...

I guess my actual starting Sim only has a grand total of 3 rewards.

I'm glad you're paying attention at least.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2024, 06:10:57 PM »
Okay, thanks, @Nandarelle . I'll get your correct score entered. I looked at the Wiki page for the Reward Store traits and only counted 55 possible, so I figured something was wonky. :)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2024, 06:19:59 PM »
My game has 66 rewards in the Rewards Store. Wonder when the Wiki page was last updated.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2024, 06:43:10 PM »
My game has 66 rewards in the Rewards Store. Wonder when the Wiki page was last updated.

Oh, my gosh. How embarrassing. I thought I was looking at the Wiki. It was Carl's old traits list on his Guide. Sheesh. Lol. But yeah, the Wiki looks to have 60+

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2024, 08:43:44 PM »
41 -

I'm not sure if I set myself up well for part 2.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2024, 10:52:34 PM »
My starting sim earned 30 rewards.
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: It's Rewarding Life - Part I
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2024, 06:31:29 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Despite the fact that this was a little one-week event, a few things stand out to me on this challenge. First of all, it did not end up being so little—15 participants jumped in. Yes, that is a far cry from the Sims 3 and early Sims 4 days of 50+ participants, but it's still the most of any event this season. Why is that? Well, right off the bat there were three returning players that are former Tournament participants — @Granny Lawlor, @Noyo, and @Nutella . When Nutella posted, I blinked and ensured my eyes were not playing tricks on me because she had been gone for seven years. So, welcome back to all of you. The challenge format might also have been attractive to players—linking two events in a month with players continuing their file for Part II. The only similar thing we have done is allow Finale players to use their file to continue in a Dynasty.

So, It's a Rewarding Life - Part I saw significant participation. But that brings up a second storyline for me—if you look at the leaderboard, a pretty obvious omission is apparent. Where's @LenaLJ? Yeah, it's a sad fact, but Lena was MIA for the first time this season, which is a real bummer. Let’s face it — yours truly is not a great player, but I am a massive fan of all of you superstars. I love the competition. And what looked like a truly exciting two-horse race over the last few months has now become a one-horse race with Lena not being able to participate. I would never say it’s all over, but the lead the new front-runner earned today will be hard to overcome.

Now to the front runner herself, @Rebelangel, and the last thing that stands out to me about this challenge. Does anyone care to guess why this win for her is special? Let's backtrack to the last event, Aspiring Story Mode. Rebelangel won that, and she had also won the previous two events, Baby Boomer, and Unlucky Chef. In 15 years of Sims challenges, I do not think anyone achieved a hat trick more than once or twice. I would need to research that. But, with this win, that makes it four in a row for Rebelangel, which is just mind-blowing. A first. Well done.

Everyone is now free to discuss the event; however, given the linked nature of this with the Part II challenge, I am guessing the champ will not reveal too much until that event is complete.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2024, 07:25:41 AM »
Congratulations Rebelangel and welcome back Nutella, Noyo and Granny Lawlor.

There were a couple of things I did that directly impacted my score for this. They were done in anticipation of Part II.

In reflecting on what I did, I could have done a couple of things differently, and picked up maybe one or two additional rewards, but having said that, my scoring file was better than my practice ones.

Thanks for the challenge.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2024, 09:32:02 AM »
To buy so many rewards, Tris Prior had to get as many aspiration points as possible. The overall strategy was 1) aim for the faster aspirations to complete (e.g., Friend of the World vs. the music one), 2) have other household members "assist" with completing aspirations where possible, and 3) sequence the order in which aspiration milestones were undertaken

The set up
Tris started out by moving into good ole bargain bend and adopted a child. The child was aged up to an adult, and both Tris and Child 1 adopted three more children in anticipation of Big Happy Family. All but one were aged up to adults, and were eventually all added to a club.

How household members assisted
Household members could indirectly assist with the completion of aspirations in a couple of ways. If they reached L10 of a mentor-able skill, they could mentor Tris. They also helped raise money for the completion of the two wealth aspirations through craftables (which Tris sold). Finally, they helped collect things that would be useful for later aspirations (for example, on Day 1, the whole family was sent to the Oasis Springs Park. Two children were sent off to mine/collect stuff from the rocks, 4 children fished at the back pond until they got a cowplant berry (necessary for the last milestone of Freelance botonist); 1 child caught frogs (the second milestone of the Curator); and Tris introduced herself to ten sims (first milestone of Friend of the World)

Sequencing
I won't go into every detail, but Tris completed aspirations that would not be assisted by a bonus trait (e.g., Creative Visionary) first, such as the Curator and the family related aspirations. There were also some aspiration milestones that made sense to complete before others - for example, during Serial Romantic - Tris made friends with the 8 boy/girlfriends (which also doubled for Friend of the World), and once she had Great Kisser, she also maximized charisma (also Friend of the World and a bunch of other aspirations). In short, the goal was to complete aspirations first that could be used to help other aspirations later.

Completed Aspirations
Tris fully completed 10 aspirations (Painter Extraordinaire, Chief of Mischief, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, The Curator, Leader of the Pack, Friend of the World, Party Animal), and reached the final milestone of 5 others (Master Chef, Successful Lineage, Big Happy Family, Nerd Brain, Freelance Botonist), and had partial completion of a handful of others

The other seven sims
You'll just have to wait for Part II ;)