Author Topic: It's a Rewarding Life - Part II  (Read 4798 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
It's a Rewarding Life - Part II
« on: June 24, 2024, 06:32:11 AM »
It's a Rewarding Life - Part II

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Part I of It's a Rewarding Life focuses on unique rewards purchased from the Rewards Store. In this Part II challenge, you can continue your Part I file and now focus on unique career rewards obtained from your household over the next two Sim weeks.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • If you continue your It's a Rewarding Life - Part I file, household additions may only occur if an open slot was never filled.
  • No one may leave your household. If a Sim in your household dies, they may not be replaced. If your Starting Sim from Part I dies, stop your file and post your score.
  • The Wishing Well and Celestial Crystal Crown are banned.
  • Changing lot traits and types is banned.
  • Pause your file at Week 4, Day 1, at 8:00 a.m.

----

• If you are not continuing your It's a Rewarding Life - Part I file, create 1 Young Adult Sim — Human.
  • Move your Sim to any lot/house/apartment you choose.
  • Household additions may only occur in Live mode. No one may leave the household. If a household member dies, they may not be replaced. If your Starting Sim dies, stop your file and post your score.
  • The Wishing Well and Celestial Crystal Crown are banned.
  • Changing lot traits and types is banned.
  • Pause your file at Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Household Unique Career Rewards. You may only score items on this list (i.e. if you are awarded a stylized room from hitting a career level and that room is NOT on the linked list, it does not count). Give yourself the same number of points for the corresponding numbers that precede the awards. You may only score items on this list. Rewards earned during the Part I challenge do not count. Must be placeable objects to count, so things like simoleans or new interactions cannot be scored. Several careers at level 10 unlock styled rooms. Treat these rooms as one placeable object.

Example: Sim 1 in your household attained level 6 in the Criminal career and chose the Boss branch. So, the objects that appeared in the Family inventory were: (2) Emblems of Espionage, (4) Vintage Baseball Bat Sculpture, and (6) Stolen ATM.

Sim 2 in your household attained level 5 in the Culinary career. The objects found in the Family inventory were: (2) Corporate Chic Countertop, (3) Stainless Steel Auto-Pot, (4) Umber Kitchen Sink, and (5) Corporate Chic Counter Island.

Household Unique Career Rewards = 2+4+6 (Sim 1) + 2+3+4+5 (Sim 2) = 12+14 = 26

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Household Unique Career Rewards
Nutella850
Elinoee834
Rebelangel798
Nandarelle671
sone602
Eighty8Keys466
Granny Lawlor267
Deklitch261
junegem225
Metropolis Man225
CynKuy83

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Added the sentence at the end to clarify...

Household Unique Career Rewards. Take a look at this list and give yourself the same number of points for the corresponding numbers that precede the awards. Rewards earned during the Part I challenge do not count. Must be placeable objects to count, so things like simoleans or new interactions cannot be scored. Several careers at level 10 unlock styled rooms. Treat these rooms as one placeable object.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
I reworded the first sentence so everyone is clear that only items on the list can be scored. The frustrating thing is that there are other missing career rewards not on this resource, but we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Household Unique Career Rewards. You may only score items on this list (i.e. if you are awarded a stylized room from hitting a career level and that room is NOT on the linked list, it does not count). Give yourself the same number of points for the corresponding numbers that precede the awards. You may only score items on this list. Rewards earned during the Part I challenge do not count. Must be placeable objects to count, so things like simoleans or new interactions cannot be scored. Several careers at level 10 unlock styled rooms. Treat these rooms as one placeable object.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Criminal boss branch career example: 

2- Emblems of Espionage
3- Duffel o'Cash (placeable item but not on list can't count)
4 - Vintage Baseball Bat Sculpture
5- CAS parts (non placeable object can't count)
6- Stolen ATM
7- Bars of Gold
8- Stolen Necklace of the Late Duchess Pinky
9- Computer Interaction (non placeable object can't count)
10- Fisticuffs Punching Bag
10- Styled Room

So my points for this sim will be 2+4+6+7+8+10+10 = 47 (correct?)

The styled room assuming I need money to place it down (also assuming I have the space on my lot) before I can count the 10 points right?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Criminal boss branch career example: 

2- Emblems of Espionage
3- Duffel o'Cash (placeable item but not on list can't count)
4 - Vintage Baseball Bat Sculpture
5- CAS parts (non placeable object can't count)
6- Stolen ATM
7- Bars of Gold
8- Stolen Necklace of the Late Duchess Pinky
9- Computer Interaction (non placeable object can't count)
10- Fisticuffs Punching Bag
10- Styled Room

So my points for this sim will be 2+4+6+7+8+10+10 = 47 (correct?)

The styled room assuming I need money to place it down (also assuming I have the space on my lot) before I can count the 10 points right?

Your scoring example above is correct. Unlocking your career items is all that is needed. You do not need to buy or place them.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
For several careers the counting in the list restarts after a branch starts.
For example: Boss - 1.Stolen ATM, §1148
In the example this is scored as 6, so do we just always use the career level to determine te score?

I also have a scoring example question:

Engineer - Computer Engineering at level 7 (1 after branching) gives:
  • Collect Qualitative Feedback, Design New Computer Hardware, Guest Speak at Computer Engineering Class - interactions, so no scoring
  • 5 Mechanisms, 3 Computer Chips - both show up in personal inventory, but are not placeable in the word, so no scoring
  • 10 Robotics Salvage - placeable; I can count 1 unique reward (not 10)
So this promotion would give me 7 points (career level 7). Is that correct?

Does the unqueness requirement also mean we can score duplicate items from different careers only once?
For example:
Sim A gets the Stainless Steel Auto-Pot in Tech-Guru level 2, sims B gets the same one in Culinary level 3. Do we only count in once?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
For several careers the counting in the list restarts after a branch starts.
For example: Boss - 1.Stolen ATM, §1148
In the example this is scored as 6, so do we just always use the career level to determine te score?

Basically, yes. That is the idea to keep the scoring simple.

I also have a scoring example question:

Engineer - Computer Engineering at level 7 (1 after branching) gives:
  • Collect Qualitative Feedback, Design New Computer Hardware, Guest Speak at Computer Engineering Class - interactions, so no scoring
  • 5 Mechanisms, 3 Computer Chips - both show up in personal inventory, but are not placeable in the word, so no scoring
  • 10 Robotics Salvage - placeable; I can count 1 unique reward (not 10)
So this promotion would give me 7 points (career level 7). Is that correct?

Correct. You are unlocking one unique reward (Robotics salvage) at level 7, so 7 pts earned.

Does the unqueness requirement also mean we can score duplicate items from different careers only once?
For example:
Sim A gets the Stainless Steel Auto-Pot in Tech-Guru level 2, sims B gets the same one in Culinary level 3. Do we only count in once?

Correct. If you could count duplicate items, then they are no longer unique. I am glad you asked that because I forgot there was some overlap in rewards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
I reworded the first sentence so everyone is clear that only items on the list can be scored. The frustrating thing is that there are other missing career rewards not on this resource, but we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

Almost all careers at level 10 unlock styled rooms, but are not on that list.  Can we count or no?  Because you also mention here that stylized room not on linked list doesn't count.   The list is missing a lot of room template unlocks.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher

Almost all careers at level 10 unlock styled rooms, but are not on that list.  Can we count or no?  Because you also mention here that stylized room not on linked list doesn't count.   The list is missing a lot of room template unlocks.

Yep, I am aware of that, unfortunately. You can only score what is on the linked list. So, missing rooms cannot be counted.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Yep, I am aware of that, unfortunately. You can only score what is on the linked list. So, missing rooms cannot be counted.

I am not keen on how to even update Wiki pages, but I suppose that is a possibility if someone wants to do that.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: It's a Rewarding Life - Part II <<Live Challenge -- Jump in!>>
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2024, 10:31:12 AM »
Whole household counts? Not just starting sim?
I...misread that and have made mistakes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2024, 10:48:07 AM »

So, this baby is my event. You can blame me, Sue. Lol. No, seriously, many of the restrictions from Part I remain, but I didn't just want a clone of Part I with the only difference being you're now charging head long into grabbing career rewards instead of Reward Store traits. So, there are a few differences.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2024, 01:13:51 PM »

So, this baby is my event. You can blame me, Sue. Lol. No, seriously, many of the restrictions from Part I remain, but I didn't just want a clone of Part I with the only difference being you're now charging head long into grabbing career rewards instead of Reward Store traits. So, there are a few differences.
It actually is a really good idea. And I have learned some things about reading comprehension already :)  But I'm certain that when I do this, there will be a lot of "I should have done ____ last week." and "**, why did I do _____."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2024, 07:11:48 PM »
Thank you for making this challenge so rewarding, Metro! 8)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2024, 05:18:25 PM »
Just to clarify: does each placable item count an amount of points? I mean, if a career level is rewarded by several items, do we count each of them?

anything