Author Topic: Unlucky Chef: This Challenge is on Fire!  (Read 1139 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
This challenge ends Sunday night, so there's little time left. Good luck finishing up.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Nice challenge. My Chef reached level 4 culinary career and had 1 cooking fire.

Yay, another member of the cooking fire club, here's your official membership object - a burnt stove made into a stylised flame. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
Sadly I did not get a fire.  I feel I am letting the side down. However, here are my results.

4 x 200 = 800
No cooking fires :(
UER = 1.00 + (35 x 0.10) = 1.00 + 3.5 = 4.50
800 x 4.5 = 3,600

Carly Cook is having the week off from kitchen duties.  Thank you all for the work you put into these challenges.  It really is much appreciated. Good luck to all those yet to submit.

Online mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
Julia Child reached Level 7 of the Culinary Career - Chef Branch, experienced 0 Cooking Fires, and made 97 Excellent Unique Recipes.

Career Level 7 x 200 = 1,400
0 Cooking Fires x 50 = 0
Career Levels + Cooking Fires = 1,400
UER = 1.00 + (97 x 0.10) = 1.00 + 9.70 = 10.70

1,400 x 10.70 = 14,980

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Gordon Ramsay reached level 5 in the Culinary Career without any cooking fires. I mean, come on. It's Gordon Ramsay. You won't hear him say, "This Tofurkey Grand Meal is excellent. Well done. Delicious. Now put out that %$#!ing fire and get out of my kitchen!" Potty Mouth Gordon also made 31 Excellent Unique recipes.

Career levels + Cooking Fires = 1000 + 0
UER = 1.00 + (31 X 0.10) = 1.00 + 3.10 = 4.10
1000 X 4.10 = 4100

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
No relation to @Metropolis Man, but Chef Gordanna Sheepsay also had a bit of a potty mouth. However, that did not stop her from making it to level seven of the culinary career and creating 128 unique excellent recipes. Despite turning up the heat on the competition, there were no kitchen fires :'(.

Score
Career Levels = 200 * 7 = 1400
UER = 1 + (128* 0.1) = 13.8
Total = 1400 * 13.8 = 19320

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Time came to a close, and my sim managed to cook 135 unique excellent recipies while mainting level 6 of the culinary career.

Score: 200*6 = 1200
1200*14,5 = 17400

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
Career level 6 for my sim, who managed to set 2 times her kitchen on fire  ;D
She made 74 excellent recipes.

200x6+50x2=1300
UER= 1+ (74x0.1) =8.4

Total: 1300x8.4= 10920

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
Gal Fieri made a major tactical error that she couldn't recover from. As a result she reached career level 3, had no cooking fires, and made 28 excellent recipes.

Career levels + Cooking Fires = 600 + 0
UER = 1.00 + (28 X 0.10) = 1.00 + 2.80 = 3.8
600 X 3.8 = 2280

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
Career level 6 for my sim, who managed to set 2 times her kitchen on fire  ;D

Yay, another member of the cooking fire club, here's your official membership object - a burnt stove made into a pair of stylised flames. :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Unlucky Chef: This Challenge is on Fire!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2024, 06:41:59 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Another win for @Rebelangel—if my math is correct, this is her sixth win of this season. Very impressive. She will inch a little closer to @LenaLJ regarding the overall ranking.

This event comes courtesy of team member @mismck. The original idea was to have players do the actual game Unlucky Chef Scenario since the Tournament challenges are never about Scenarios. But, after testing, we discovered the scenario is bugged, and it is nearly impossible to start fires. As it turns out, even without players choosing the bugged Scenario, most still could not produce fires. Oh, well. :)

It was very fun, nonetheless. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2024, 09:06:16 AM »
This week on Hell's Kitchen Nightmares Everything Goes Really Smoothly, Chef Gordanna Sheepsay set off to become Willow Creek's Next Top/Master Chef. She moved into bargain bend in Willow Creek, and lived in a 4x3 house that was just large enough for a kitchen and either incense holder or a toilet. She spent the first 24 hours racing to rack up 3000 aspiration points to buy the "connections" trait to give her a boost in the Culinary Career, which she did by filling every easy low level aspiration (including trips to Selvadora and Mt. Komorebi), and by getting the bulk of her points from the curator aspiration. After she finished this, she followed in the footsteps of her idol by approaching any nearby sim and screaming the following at them*:

"You stupid cow plant!"
"I wouldn't even serve that to my *expletive* pet Bubalus"
"GET OUT OF MY RESTAURANT" (Note, Gordanna did not own the Blue Velvet or other establishments)

This resulted in multiple fights and an atrocious reputation. Luckily, that also opened up the ability for Gordanna to bribe to raise her career performance, which is how she guaranteed she'd spend at most 1 work shift to the next promotion.

The rest of the time was spent cooking unique excellent recipes. Gordanna always cooked while "very inspired" which was done through multiple inspiration aura items (lamps and incense), listening to music she liked (which also gave her the controlled emotions moodlet, and later the ability to surge emotions), and moodlets from raising her cooking skill. She cooked all recipes through L9 (except for the pan de muerto) and gourmet cooking recipes through L4, as well as a few from the grill and gourmet cooking L5. Generally the grill was faster that the later level recipes, but also would give more normal quality dishes despite being very inspired (anyone know if the elote recipe is just bugged? She cooked it three times, and it was always normal quality). Money only came from breeding frogs + career promotions and additional aspiration points for sleep potions came from the inner peace aspiration.

Note on the fires - Gordanna tried half-heartedly - she put some curtains behind the stove. Initially, I wanted to play this challenge differently but as I learned in my test run, it was really hard to start a cooking fire even under optimal conditions (bad mood, cheap appliances) - in fact I was never successful even once!

@mismck, thanks for a fun challenge!

*Note: This is fictionalized rendering of what happened. Gordanna's gameplay interactions were limited to the "shove" and "fight" under the mean social menu

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2024, 09:30:42 AM »
I loved your write-up, @Rebelangel, and it motivated me to Google Gordon's best rants. I watched some videos of nice compilations of his best tirades over the years. Fantastic stuff. Congrats again on a great win.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2024, 09:50:29 AM »
Thanks for your write up, @Rebelangel and thanks to @mismck for the challenge.

I used Parkside Place for this challenge. This was the lot San Sequoia that had the quake lot challenge and a pre existing 'homey' lot trait. I bought it unfurnished, knocked down the internal walls, made the walls/floors throughout as cheap as possible and set about getting my 3000 points for the connections trait. There wasn't a single quake that week.

It took Cookie Crumbler until late Wednesday evening/early Thursday morning before he got the needed points - I focused on gardening and the botanist aspiration for most of the points and clicked into other ones when I could for easy points.

The fire occurred on the first day, it was the first recipe he tried. I used the Spellcaster Stove. It was literally the first cooking fire I'd had during the practises for the challenge.

Mr Crumbler didn't get promoted that Thursday (he was a smidgen off his promotion), so he got that one on the Friday. Outside of gardening, the only other skill he really focused on was cooking.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2024, 10:09:51 AM »
@Rebelangel - one thing you left out in your report was how you set up your Sim - i.e. traits, etc. Did you address fears at all? @sone did a lot of testing before the challenge, and I remember him discovering that having any fear at all seemed to increase the likelihood of having a fire.